Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti NandanwarYour feedback matters!
Priti is an extremely experienced , responsible gynaec . with her charming smile she makes the patient comfortable and is concerned with their well being
Hi I am 19 months pregnant now. I was asked to take the TORCH test. And I got rubella positive and HSV positive in that. Results.Everything found normal in my TIFFA scan except small bowel grade 1 in abdomen. Again doctor suggested me to take amniocentesis. Please suggest me the best I'm very panic now.
Sir I am pregnant my child go down in belly that is dangerous or not if it dangerous what can I do for it please tell me.
My friend is five months pregnant, suffering from mod to severe morning sickness. She is taking some tablet morning and eveigin, prescribed by her doctor. What else can be done.
Hello, My wife menses 1st of every month. What is the safe time to do sex if we want to avoid pregnancy.
My wife is 25 years old and she wants to take pregnancy control pills. Please guide me the right instructions and tell few effective medicines name.
I am a 26 years old unmarried girl. I am suffering from PCOS since 2009. I have tried various allopathic and homeopathic treatments but the problem kept coming back once the medicines stopped. I am currently taking Patanjali medicines: Kanchnar Guggul, Dashmularishta, street Rasayan Vati, Punarvadi Mandoor, Udramrit Vati. I have been taking these medicines since the last 3 months but there has only been a marginal improvement. I am also fed up of not being able to loose weight. Is the above course of treatment right?
Main ek bacchhe ki maa hoon 5 years old abh mujhe doosra bachha ke liye conceive krna chaiye ki nahi.
I had sex with my gf when she is in period, and morning when I'm urinating I found white item came with urine, what is that do i need to worry for this?
It's anything, but difficult to make a hasty judgment when you understand your period is late. In case you're attempting to conceive, you may have this feeling of incredulity. In case you're not, you may feel frustrated or disarrayed in the event that you know it is highly unlikely you could be pregnant. The truth of the matter is, however, the vast majority naturally consider pregnancy, at the time of a late period, it may be the case that or one of numerous different conceivable outcomes.
Here's a summary of the common causes behind a missed period:
- Preganancy: Sometimes when you miss your period, the cause maybe exactly what you think you could be pregnant! The initial symptoms of pregnancy such as bloating of the stomach, cramping of stomach, and tenderness in breasts can resemble the feeling that you get before your periods; may create confusion whether you are actually pregnant or if your periods are a little delayed. If your periods are delayed for over 10 days, then it is better to take a home pregnancy test.
- Stress: Stress can have several effects on your body such as headaches, acne, weight gain and other issues. Stress can also make you miss your periods. When you are stressed, your body synthesizes stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. These elevated levels force your brain to differentiate between essential and non-essential functions of the body. The blood supply to the muscles of the body can increase while systems such as the digestive system or the reproductive system can be subdued. This results in delayed period.
- Excessive exercise: Working out and maintaining fitness is a great thing to do; although when you overdo it, it restricts your body from producing enough oestrogen, the hormone that helps in completing your menstrual cycle. Thus professionals such as ballet dancers, athletes and gymnasts face a higher chance of suffering through amenorrhea (missing periods) for 3-4 months. Also if you work out too much without consuming enough calories, it can cause disruptions.
- Illness: When your body is battling a disease such as common cold or even fever, your brain starts concentrating on the functions that are important for the body. This can contribute to missing your period.
- Weight: If you lose excessive amount of weight without maintaining a good diet, you can deprive your body from producing oestrogen that helps build up the uterine lining. The same thing happens with eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia. On the contrary, if you are obese, it can result in over production of oestrogen that can stop your ovulation in totality. This may lead to heavy, irregular periods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My last period date 1 april I was done pregnancy test in 11 may it is positive but l have no any vaginal discharge my period was always irregular my doct call me in 24 th may fir ultrasound I am scared what can I do?
I am 24 years old and married. I have problem in my period time from last two months and we also try for pregnancy from last two months. At this month my time period one before 17 days and checked in prega news but it negative so is it sign right like I am not pregnant and now what to do.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"
He had sex with his girlfriend last month she did not became menses. Does she become pregnant? Please tell me.
Also try to eat protein right before going to bed. Drink some milk or eat some yogurt to fuel you through the night. This may also help you recover if you work out frequently.
Stir in protein powder to your curd, oatmeal, and other foods to add a protein and calorie boost.
2. Add calorie-dense foods to your meals. Try adding full-fat cheese to the top of your meals. Stir some peanut butter and honey into your oatmeal. These foods are high in calories and can help you increase your overall caloric intake.
Another calorie-dense food is dried fruit, such as dried apricots, figs, or raisins.
Eat complex carbohydrates, such as brown rice, bulgur, barley, whole grains, and quinoa. Avoid simple carbs like white flour, sugar and white rice.
Eat solid meals. Every day, make sure you get in at least three meals. Introduce larger portions at your meals to help increase your calories. You may have a tendency to skip breakfast, only eating 2 main meals, but making sure you actually eat three meals can help you gain weight.
If you can't eat huge meals because it upsets your stomach, eat smaller meals throughout the day. Don't skip meals.
4. Don't drink before eating. Drinking water or any beverage before eating can fill you up. You want to leave room for the calories you need to consume.
Instead of drinking water before you eat, try drinking a calorie-rich drink while eating, such as fruit juice or a smoothie.
5. Identify why you lost weight. If you are trying to gain weight back that you lost, you should first identify why you lost the weight. If you haven't seen a doctor, you should, as unexplained weight lost can point to any number of diseases, from an overactive thyroid gland to diabetes.
6. Treat the underlying disease. If a disease caused you to lose weight, treating that disease may help you gain the weight back. Talk to your doctor about an appropriate treatment for whatever plagues you, as well as what treatment would be effective to help you gain weight and what the most effective way is for you to gain weight.
Besides these natural ways you can start taking homeopathic preparations like alfa alfa and carica papaya which which help you to increase your weight.
There are certain other remeies also which help in gaining weight, those depend on individual constitution for which you have to consult a homeopath.