Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Priti NandanwarYour feedback matters!
Priti is an extremely experienced , responsible gynaec . with her charming smile she makes the patient comfortable and is concerned with their well being
Hi. I am 40 year old my wife is 33 year old, her sex drive has reduced too much almost nil. We have not copulated since 4 months. Any solution.
I am suffering from pcod and a thyroid patient having irregular periods and no conception also is suffering from weight gain and hirsutism please help with the meds.
Angioplasty is referred to as a cardiac procedure, which involves widening the narrowed section of a coronary artery. Usually performed by an interventional cardiologist, this procedure is performed in a cardiac catheterization lab, short for a cath lab. An interventional cardiologist takes extra care to review the risks, in addition to obtaining your counsel prior to preparing you for the procedure. The physician also refers to your medical history in order to determine the amount of anesthesia that should be used.
What happens during the procedure?
Although mild sedatives will be administered to help you relax, the process requires you to remain awake throughout the procedure. The procedure of angioplasty involves cardiac catheterization. The doctor numbs the intended site through medications and inserts the catheter. Following such the doctor inserts a thin sheath in your artery, oftentimes in your groin or arm. A long, narrow, empty tube known as a catheter, is then carefully guided through the sheath, through the blood vessels and into the arteries near the heart.
A little amount of liquid is then injected through the catheter, which is moved through the chambers, valves and vessels of the heart. This movement is then pictured with the help of X-rays, with which the doctors can diagnose the condition and working of the coronary arteries and the heart valve.
The surgical procedure lasts for around 1.5 - 2.5 hours, but the preparation and post - surgical procedures may take several hours. A patient is usually made to stay overnight to be monitored by medical personnel.
What to expect before an Angioplasty?
Most people are made to undergo a blood test and electrocardiogram before having an angioplasty. Usually scheduled a day before the procedure, such tests usually require separate appointments. Usually patients are restricted to eat since 12 hours before the exam.
What happens post-procedure?
After the procedure, you will be instructed to remain flat for 5-6 hours without bending your legs, so as to prevent bleeding. The nurse will instruct you as to when you can get up from your bed. You may not be permitted to drink or eat until the groin sheath is removed as such can cause nausea.
According to the procedure, the doctor will provide you with adequate after care advice.
Sir/madam my wife is first time pregnant and she do not know what are the symptoms for delivery .what type of pain arises or som other symptoms please help her date is on 20 july.
Washing hands regularly is the single most important hygiene step in fighting the spread of bacteria, viruses and other germs.
Handwashing involves five essential steps: Wet, Lather, Scrub, Rinse and Dry.
Wet your hands with clean, running water and apply soap.
Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.
Be sure to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Do not touch bathroom surfaces or door knobs once you dry your hands
Here are the common mistakes you make while washing hands.
Not washing long enough
Wash for at least a full 15 to 20 seconds. Not washing long enough makes the whole process ineffective as the germs are still left on the skin.
Missing the important sites
By just rubbing the soap between your palms and washing it off does not mean that you practice hand hygiene. Germs tend to hide under fingernails and in the pockets between fingers, so you should scrub these areas vigorously every time you wash your hands.
Not using soap
Washing your hands with just water is not enough. Since the surfaces of bacteria and viruses are made partly of fatty materials, ingredients in soap create a chemical reaction that grabs onto the germs so they rinse right off with the lather.
Not washing frequently
It’s important to wash your hands not only after using the restroom, but after handling garbage, before you eat and even after you’ve touched surfaces in public areas that may contain flu and cold germs, such as stores, gyms and public transportation.
Not drying thoroughly
Even the best handwashing techniques are worthless if you skip drying. Germs love to breed in moisture. Leaving the bathroom with still-damp hands can make it easier to pick up germy microbes from the next surface you touch
Not following the “No touch technique”
Many viruses live in closed spaces, like faucets, counters and other restroom surfaces. After you have washed use your elbow or a clean towel to turn off the tap and open the door in public restrooms. It’s a good idea to do this at home too
How to use a Hand sanitizer:
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers do not require water and are an alternative when soap and water are not available. The product should contain at least 60 percent alcohol.
Apply enough of the product to the palm of your hand to wet your hands completely.
Rub your hands together, covering all surfaces, until your hands are dry.
For more health tips, download the 1mg app:
Hi I am 17 yreas; maine 17 jan 2017ko intimate hui thii apne partner k sath and regularly meri period date thi 22ko but mere periods us month miss hogye mne febuary ko pregnancy test kra to result positive aya and fhr mne glenpristone kit li medicin li usse khyi uske rule k according fhr medicin khne k 1 day bd mujhe kaffi heavy bleeding hui spots hue kafi bleeding rhi or meri bleeding 17 feb se leke contine chlti rhi meri fhr 25tk fhr uske bd meri bleeding ekdm se bnd hogyi fhr bich m nhi hui or fhr 6 march ko acahank se light bleeding hone lgi fhr is bich mne test bi kra to mera test negative aya or bleeding abi tk 14 march tk chl ri hh please doctr kya m pragnent hu or ye bleeding kb tk thik hogi.
I am 54 yrs old woman. My breast size is increasing day by day and I have little pain. What to do. I have done all tests and everything is normal. Fyi, my uterus is removed on 4 years before.
My girl friend is 25 yrs old. She had cysts on left ovary. She had operation (laparoscopy). 90% of that ovary removed. Now after 2 yrs it seems like right ovary also has cysts small one. Now recently her period stops for 3 months. And she noticed that a small tumour like feeling on her waist (don't know it is related to that cyst or not). But both the cysts were investigated and it is non cancerous. Please suggests something. Waist tumour like something has no pain.
Mai 25 year ki hu. Wt 55 kg. Hgt 5 ft2" pelvis report me polyctstic ovary hai. Small cysts both ovaries. Missed period 3 month tha. To medicine dydrogestrone liya tb period hua hai. Kya maj pregnant ho sakti hu. Kya bina medicine k period ho sakta hai.
Hello sir, my age is 27, I was married at 22 I have a child 5 year old, now I am planing for second from few month. But no result.
I have been getting white discharge nonstop. What is the reason behind and is it genetically. Please suggest some precaution or natural cure to get rid of it.
My 21 year girl had a pcod problem since last 4 year. I had taken treatment for her. Please tell me about its treatment. Is it curable fully.
Dear sir, madam I have low sperm count (6 millions) and also had a test before 4 months. But still my wife not pregnancy. Today I consult a local gynecologist. She refer to take ubi q plus for 1 month at twice / day .so pl reply.
It might seem difficult to overcome feelings of it but there are in fact various ways you can deal with it. It is often observed that an individual feels ashamed or guilty about their urges.
In most cases, sexual repression stems from certain social and cultural norms. It affects both the sexes and generally sets off from an early age. Following are the ways to overcome sexual repression:
1. Teach yourself various sexual values - Whenever thoughts of sexual repression cloud your mind and lowers your sexual urges, try getting rid of these thoughts gradually. Replace your depressing thoughts with thoughts about sex being a natural activity. Teach yourself to look at sex differently and stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.
2. Avoid taking negative opinions regarding sex from other people - You might long for a company when you are miserable and sexually repressed. Talking to people who are sexually repressed themselves will do little good as they might impose their own feeling on you. It's best not to take their advice or argue with them. Instead, you can form your own sexual values and strengthen them over time.
3. Be more vocal about sex - This conversation is not the one where you make sexual jokes or is otherwise completely irrelevant and of little use. Pour it and try conveying your feelings to people who are close and empathetic towards you. Interact with your partner and ask about their opinion on sexual repression and healthy sexual ideas.
4. Expose yourself to the sexual values of different culture - According to studies, Holland and Austria are among the most sexually liberal countries. Italy is also considered moderately liberal about its sexual values. You can try knowing about the various countries like Japan which is among the sexually repressed nations. Learning about various ways and forms of sexual repression will broaden our outlook and make you look at sex differently altogether. In a way, it can help you deal with your own sexual repression.
Related Tip: What If You Have Unprotected Sex??
In vitiligo patients, it has been found in studies that t-cells produced in bone marrow travel in blood and attack skin which causes vitiligo.
In this scorching heat, it makes us feel so hot, tired and dehydrated.
Everyone suggests us to drink a lot of water but somehow we don't like plain water and we add artificial flavours to it to quench our thirst or we opt for soft drinks/sodas. But it doesn't help.
What we need in this summer is Coconut Water.
Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Its liquid is packed with simple sugars, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body.
Coconut water replaces the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution.
The presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides , but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions.
I had unprotected sex yesterday (Although the semen wasn't released inside) and I'm deciding to take emergency contraceptive pill. What are the side effects of it. I had my last cycle was on 8th of this month. Is there more chances of getting pregnant?
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.