Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PritiYour feedback matters!
Anybody Give me the guidance for take More nutrition for healthy hair & not change the hair colour in teenager age?
Ingrown toenails have become a common trouble these days and there are many causes that are responsible for the same. Nail edges or corners mostly get affected by this trouble. It often appears to be a toenail infection while it is not so. Bigger toes are highly prone to this toenail issue; therefore you need to be very careful.
Before the issue can become serious, you should take careful steps to prevent the same. Medical advice is required so that the right treatment can be chosen, which gives you an instant relief from the symptoms. The skin around the nail becomes tender and might get swollen or hard coupled with a lot of pain in the toe.
Leading causes for ingrown toenails:
- Incorrect nail-cutting: If you make a mistake in cutting your toenail correctly, then you might face the situation of an ingrown toenail. Therefore, you should always finely concentrate while cutting your toenails with the help of any nail cutter. In most of the cases, curved or irregular nails are to be cut with great care.
- Wrong footwear: If you have chosen the wrong footwear, which create tremendous amount of pressure on your feet, it may develop this kind of nail condition. Only repeated or consistent usage of these kinds of footwear can develop this horrible situation. Sometimes, extremely tight stockings or socks can also be responsible for ingrown toenails.
- Improper hygiene: Acute foot hygiene needs to be maintained without any fail otherwise you will not be able to prevent ingrown nails. You should always keep your feet clean and dry. If your feet remain in contact with moisture for a long time, then this condition might arise. You can now use specialized solutions available in the market for washing the nails on your feet.
- Toenail injury: If you have any injury on your toenail, then it needs to be corrected as soon as possible otherwise the injury will get converted into ingrown nails. Which further results in acute painful sensations and these kinds of experiences are simply unbearable. Poor posture can bring injuries to your toenails. If you have any existing toe injuries, then you should try your level best for the speedy recovery of the same.
- Poor health-conditions: There are many health conditions, which result in ingrown toenails out of which diabetes is the most prominent one. Due to poor blood circulation, the nails on your feet get damaged internally resulting in ingrown nails.
I am 32 years old female. I have hair on my whole body from childhood. Somewhere it is dark like on hands.
Sir please tell me I am 14 years old school boy. My face skin is very low. So I am try to tight my face skin with proper diet. So please tell me how to tight my face skin. Can you please make my diet with skin routine.
Dear doctor. I am running 45 age male suffering from acne rosacea since last two years. I took allopathic medicine Tab doxycycline and Tab metronidazole with Ivermectin 1% cream and Metronidazole 2% gel with azelaic acid cream 10%, for oral application. It's not cure and only time being relief to me. Please suggest me homeopathic medicine so that I will be cure form this acne rosacea with out any side-effects. Thanking you Dr. Ajay Gawalikar (VET)
Hallo Sir, I am now 29 and at this age i got my beard and hair are grey is there any cure for it yes then please suggest?
Hallow doctor I am 20 years old. My problem is my hair. My hair was very long and it was very nice without any problem but from last 1 year I am losing heavy hair fall and near my four head it was becoming nill so need to recover my losing hair back soo plzz help with any solution.
Hello doctor my age is 18 years and I have very thin beard and patchy beard I am going to use beard OIL is this oil can help me to grow beard I am in confusion wait for your response ☺
Sir I go to college travelling 1.5 hours in bus so daily 3 hours for travelling. I have to face smoke, dust,etc. And because of this my face fades and my skin is getting more and more black. Sir please suggest me tips how to make my skin brighter and white.
My skin colour is fair. I want to glow it up as it is due to sunlight, dust etc. How can I glow up my skin?
I'm 23 years old. For the last one year, I have a problem of hair fall nd rough hair because of hard water of my home town. I tried every thing but day by day my hair become very rough so please suggest me good hair care oil ,shampoo, and conditioner.
Which all infection can occur if I had a open scraped skin on knee and watery think coming out not pus came in contact with a gauze which is just previously used to clean his bleeding wound and then instantly on my wound Considering the person has all kind of diseases please help me please.
I am pratibha 16 years old. I'm suffering from hairfall problem, tried many hairfall shampoos but nothing happened. Please suggest me something, I want my hairs to get thick and soft.
I am losing excess hair for last few months. I am using Ayurvedic medicines to stop. Please let me know what should I do?
Hi, I am female age 25 years and I have candid fungal infection can you please suggest me to reduce candid problem.
It is common to shed around 50 hairs in a day but when this dramatically changes to 150+ a day, you need to take action as quickly as possible. Hair loss can occur in men and women at any age. It can be a temporary phenomenon or an ongoing one and be caused by a range of reasons like change of environment, shampoo, genetic problems, health problems and more.
Can you identify with the following causes?
- Steroids - The use of steroids by individuals who suffer from male pattern baldness can significantly increase their chance of hair fall. This happens as the usage causes an increase in the dihydrotestosterone hormones, which is responsible for hair loss.
- Antibiotics - Taking antibiotics can have an adverse effect on your hair follicle. It decreases the levels of hemoglobin in your blood as well as minerals and vitamins stores in your cells. When this happens, it accelerates your hair fall rate.
- Smoking - Smoking can cause you to lose a significant amount of hair. Several studies suggest that smokers have a higher chance of going bald, with individuals who have a history of this condition in the family being more prone than others. Smoking causes the blockage of pores on the scalp surface, thereby reducing blood flow to the scalp. The effects of smoking on hair include poor hair quality and subsequent degradation. Smoking also brings about the early graying of your hair.
- Cancer - Cancer also affects your hair quality and causes you to become bald or thins out your hair. It's the radioactive rays in chemotherapy that causes your hair to fall out at a faster rate. Many a time, hair is also lost from the eye area, armpit, and pubic areas. The loss of hair generally starts within 2-4 weeks following the commencement of the treatment. The hair loss rate could be in clumps or little by little.