Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Priti B JayakarYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, my wife is carrying @ 3rd month right now. Is it safe to have sexual intercourse at this time. If yes, can you please share till when we can have sex with out facing any problem to our baby. Thankyou.
2) boost calcium and vitamin d. That means three to four 8-ounce servings of low-fat dairy every day. If you are lactose-intolerant, try hard cheese, yogurt, canned salmon, broccoli, and legumes and fortified products like orange juice. Take 1, 000 to 1, 500 milligrams of calcium daily if you are not getting adequate calcium in your diet.
3) eat more fruits, veggies, whole grains, and legumes. These will give you plenty of disease-fighting antioxidants, more fiber, and less sodium.
Get enough fiber. Legumes, whole-wheat pasta, whole grain cereals, and breads, oatmeal, brown rice, popcorn, and fresh fruits and vegetables all are high in fiber.
4) eat the right proteins. Get a balance of lean protein (like skinless chicken), fatty fish like salmon (with omega-3 fats), and vegetable protein.
5) enjoy a vegetarian meal a few times a week. A plant-based diet can be low-calorie and dense in vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting antioxidants.
6) cut salt intake. Too much salt is linked to high blood pressure.
7) choose fats wisely. And keep them to a minimum. Avoid trans and saturated fats, like those found in butter, some processed foods, grain-based desserts and dairy desserts, stick margarine, fried foods, snack foods, cheese, pizza, processed meats, donuts, some fast foods and frozen foods, for example" good fats" include many vegetable oils like extra virgin olive oil and canola oil, nuts and seeds, avocado and fish, such as salmon and tuna.
8) curb the sweets. Limit sugary beverages, grain-based desserts, sugars, sweetened dairy products, and other sweets; they can be loaded with calories and have little nutrition.
How much sleep is necessary for me? I am a housewife and my age is 27. And also I am going to plan to have a pregnancy in after 6 month. Please guide.
During sex I did coitus interrupts my penis went 4-5 cm in vagina. It was not even totally sex it was my first time do you think there is chances of pregnancy.
Food’s relation with depression is a complicated one. A person can suddenly lose appetite or become extremely voracious. There are instances when you feel hungry, but do not eat due to the lethargy of cooking. Either way, it is a difficult task to eat healthy during a depression. Here is a list of tips that will help you to refrain from eating and drinking unhealthy and unhygienic food items such as alcohol, junk foods, chocolate, caffeine and ice-cream.
Prepare frozen meals well in advance:
During depression, not many people feel the urge to cook a meal. The alternative, in this case, is to prepare as many meals as you can and freeze them for future consumption. Food items such as black beans, pasta and chicken can be cooked and stored in the refrigerator for quite a few days. Store the cooked food in as many jars as you have. This cooked items will act as a life saviour when you feel hungry, but do not feel like cooking.
Use fewer dishes:
Minimising the number of dishes will save your life. A lot of people lose the urge of cooking or eating healthy when they see a pile of undone dishes in the wash basin. Use a minimum amount of dishes that is required for daily use and immediately wash them when you are done eating. This way you will fell motivated to cook and eat healthily.
Do not go for complicated meals:
They are a lot of easy to cook healthy meal options out there. Do not go for a dish that is difficult to prepare. If you mess up, chances are that you will neither enjoy eating the dish nor it cook in the future as well. The best thing to do is to prepare simple and easy to prepare healthy meals. Refer to a recipe book if you need help.
Listen to music while preparing food:
Cooking can be boring if you do not enjoy it. A good alternative is to listen to music while cooking. This will keep boredoms at bay and meals will be prepared in a whisker. Not to mention music will also keep your motivation level high. If work and play are not your things, you can watch the cooking shows to get your motivation level up.
Eating out is not a crime. If you feel the urge to eat out, go by all means. You need not eat junk food when you are out. Instead of going to a fast food joint, go to a good restaurant that serves healthy yet tasty food. It is a great way of improving your mood and eating healthy at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir/mam main ek married ladki hu. Meri shadi 14 may huyi thi. & usi din meri period start huyi. 16 may meri 3 days thi. But 5.30am k aas paas sex ho gayi thi. Us k baad period 2 din huyi thi. Uske doran sex v huyi thi. But 2 month ho gayi hain period start ni huyi. Iske pehele 2-4 din late hoti thi par har month period hoti thi. Main ne urine test v ki but negative aayi hain. Doctor ko v dikhayi hu bol rahe hain k har week ek bar test karo. Main khane thik se kha ni pa rahi. & chakkar or vomiting aa rahi hain. Par vomiting main shrif namak pani jesa nikal raha hain. Pet k right side main kavi kavi something kuch mehesus hota hain jab kam karti hu ya bohot chalti hu to. Vuk lagti hain bohot. Toilet ja rahi hu bar bar. Din main 8-9 times. Or do din pehele hum ne sex ki thi to vegena main cir cir jesa lagraha hain. Or dard v ho raha tha. Uske pehele hum 15 din tak sex ni ki thi. Mujhe huya kya hain. Tension ho rahi hain. Please kuch batayiye.
When we look at history of aids. It is originated somewhere and now it is spreading. Is other STDs like syphilis are born somewhere and spreading or can attack anybody at anytime, if so why they come?
I am 8 weeks pregnant I have frequent vomiting after eating every meal whatever I eat I vomit. What is the reason and what is the solution for that? I feel too tired. Pls suggest.
After 4 month of my marriage now my wife is pregnant but the problem is now whenever we are having sex she got pain, soreness,and bleeding she never enjoy sex that much every time she says its painful and burning inside but now after she got pregnant now from last 2 time whenever we have sex she start bleeding very minor but why this happen Pls help me I am so affair of it pls help is there any serious problem.
Its been 2 months. My periods r skipped. Two weeks back I went to pelvic scan. A sac of 5 weeks is present but no trace of fetus. Is found. Early pregnancy is conclusion. My gynaecologist suggested me to wait 2 more weeks for confirmation. Today I found that spotting. But not continuous bleeding as periods. My health conditions r normal as if now. No cramps/ pains also. What to do now? Previously I have a gal child of 2 years thru c- section. A septum was cleared in that cesarian.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.