Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pritesh Naik
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pritesh NaikYour feedback matters!
Detoxification refers to the removal and the elimination of the toxic substances from the body. Various methods are used to achieve that and drinking plenty of water is primary among them.
However that is not the only way. Other ways include:
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and coffee: The disadvantages of alcohol and coffee are aplenty and one among them is their tendency to accumulate toxins in your body. Removing them from your diet goes a long way in removing toxins.
- Lessen the use of shampoos and other health care products: The shampoos and the deodorants, which are available in the market despite their attractive packaging and numerous tall claims, are replete with chemicals. The excessive use of these products has a detrimental effect as they build up toxins in the body. You must therefore either drastically lessen their use or use alternative products to avert from the fatal eventuality.
- Take less stress: When you are under overt stress, your mind as well as your body shows clear signs of that. In instances of overt stress, the body releases the stress hormone that may provide a temporary boost of energy, but manifolds the accumulation of toxin in the body.
- Include fruits in your diet: The advantages of fruits do not require an introduction. They are well known and unanimously acknowledged. The reason why doctors vehemently insist on including at least one fruit in the diet is due to its ability to cleanse the body from the daily assemblage of toxins in the body.
- Eat vegetables which contain fiber: Vegetables like beets, cabbages and radishes, those which are rich fiber serve as excellent detoxifying foods.
- Drink green tea: Drinking green tea is a habit that has recently developed but in little time has gained immense popularity. This habit is credited not only with weight loss but also has tremendous ability to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Indulge in exercise or yoga: Another way to ensure that your body is bereft of the harmful chemicals is by indulging in various exercises or yoga. Both the practices significantly improve the physical health and at the same time detoxify the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is first month pregnant, can we have sex during pregnancy, is there any chance of miscarriage. Please advice
I am 29 years old I want to know is there any fear doing sex during pre stage of pregnancy. Please suggest me about this?
My wife had 2 miscarriages over the past 2 years we are young and unexperienced. She had taken I pills to prevent the first one and the second one apparently was due to stress. We are trying to conceive this year are they any advices or any help we should consider.
Tests and Treatments for Multiple Miscarriages
I am doctor Mohan Routh, a practicing Gynecologist for last 27 years and partner of ICPRN Indias 1st Immuno therapy center for treatment of patients with repeated miscarriages and ivf or implantation failure.
Today I am going to discuss about various investigations that will help us to find out what is the cause in repeated cases of miscarriage. Now depending on different causes there are different investigations. When the problem is genetic there are test known as karyotype of the pregnancy which is aborted. It is same for the karyotype checkup that is the chromosomal pattern of the pregnancy is checked. Also karyotype or the chromosomal pattern of the parents are checked to find out if there is any genetic problem. For structural problem of the uterus there are tests like sonography, especially 3d sonography.
Then test like hysterosalpingogram which is an xray test, then procedures like laparoscopy and hysteroscopy which helps us to find out if there is any structural problem in the uterus. For detecting endocrine problems test for diabetes like fasting and post lunch blood sugar HBA1C, for thyroid problems T3 T4 TSH, for polycystic overine disease the fsch and lh level and sonography help us to clinge the diagnosis. For infections there are a series of test, known as torch titer. In this investigations are done for toxoplasma, rubella, cytomegalo virus, herpis etc and it helps us in the diagnosis of infections. For the auto immune problems there are different tests which include anti-nuclear anti bodies, ss dna test , antiphospholipid anti bodies, lupas anti coagulant, protein c and s, so these are the various tests which tells us about the auto immune problem.
Now if all these tests are normal then the factor that is responsible is allo-immune factor. For that we do certain more tests when all the tests so far are normal. And these tests are lymphocyte crossmatch, levels of natural killer cells in the peripheral blood and in the endometrium. A chemical called tnf alpha which is produced by the lymphocytes in the blood. So these tests help us to do diagnosis of allo-immune problems. Once the diagnosis is achieved the treatment can be given accordingly depending upon the positive tests. For allo-immune problem the treatment is immune-therapy or lymphocyte immunization therapy which is an active form of immune therapy which helps to get over this problem.
For more about lymphocyte immunization therapy I will talk in my next video. For more information you can contact me on www.lybrate.com Thank you!
Popping pills is something we cannot do away with completely. But something that should also be kept in mind is that every drug is used for one of its particular property, which is healing, but on the other hand, it also has, almost always, the not-so-nice effects. These side effects could sometimes be as simple as nausea or itching to something as serious as shooting up blood sugar levels.
Talking of side effects, do you know that Viagra was originally used for pulmonary hypertension and its side effect was improved performance in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). Viagra thus, became the famous magical blue pill for patients with ED. On the other hand, there are quite a few drugs that can lower your libido levels.
Listed below are some of the regularly used medicines that can impact your sexual life:
- Antihypertensives: Medications that are aimed at reducing blood pressure (diuretics and alpha and beta adrenergic blockers) have a negative effect on the sexual life. Switching drugs after medical consultation is an alternate.
- Antidepressants: With depression on the rise, more and more people are prescribed antidepressants, especially the selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs). Both these increase the mood, but lower the libido, in up to 50% of the patients. Added amount of cardio workout could be a workaround for patients on SSRIs. Reducing the dose of TCAs could help improve sexual function.
- Proscar: Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) is a common condition seen in aging men, and finasteride is used for its treatment. This prevents conversion of testosterone to its active form and thereby, reduces sexual function. Surgical correction of BPH could be an alternative.
- Antihistamines: Common cold cures like diphenhydramine and chlorpheniramine affect sexual life too. The good news is that these drugs are cleared out of the system within 24 hours and the side effect does not last long either. In patients who might need these chronically, this side effect should be borne in mind.
- Anti-seizure drugs: Drug like terbetrol which is used to cure seizure does the same for the sexual act, which is physiologically akin to a seizure -impulse traveling slower along the nerve. If noticed, an alternative medication should be used.
- Opioids: For severe chronic pain, Vicodin and Oxycodone are used, but these reduce testosterone levels and thereby, reduce sexual drive too. Use of testosterone creams could be a substitute.
In all these cases, the key is to have a discussion with your doctor as soon as you realize it could be affecting your sex life.