Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Dear Sir, I am 40 years old, my problem is I have pain at the place of anal. In the time of motion it will heavy pain.
Sir after having breakfast and lunch I am going to for bathroom immediately, so, why is this happening, what is the solution for this.
Hello Sir I am a 50 years old woman. I have 4 mm gall stones for last 4 years with no any kind of symptom or pain. Recently doc advice me to get it removed. Kindly let me know Sir, if gall stones can be removes through Ayurved treatment. As I don, t want to go for surgery right now. Thanks a lot Sir
I am 23 years old and I suffering from body pain near abdomen, near backbone and chest I think it is due to gastric problem I had OMEZ medicine for a while but I m worried it may lead to heavy and serious problem later. Is it. What should I do n which doctor should I consult.
Hello I want you ask that how I can improve my digestive system because my digestive system is very poor I eat papaya and apple raisins taking meals at time but it doesn't work completely. I take oats in breakfast but they are fry in oil like masala oats with onion and tomatoes it is right to eat oilfry oats. Pls help me out I am in big trouble. Whenever I eat something I feel bloated and create lot of gas in my stomach and can't get enough defecation in morning..
How to reduce and control acidity without tje use of any drugs. Any home remedies. Does stress affect on acidity.
I have stomach problem since 3 month. What should I do. I have gas problem. Its burning inside the stomach.
Hi doctor I am 24, I am facing gastric problem before 2 years back and have taken so many medicines for that but still not yet any improvement so please consult me is there any solutions.
I m feeling little pain around my anus while passing stool. Sometimes the pain goes and sometimes its dere. I can feel a small lump dere. I doubt it is an early stage of piles. Can you suggest some home remedies.
I have a digestion problem whenever I eat something it is not digested, long time ago I had checkup and the doctor said liver is weak. Can you please suggest me what should I do now?
Gastroparesis is a condition when your stomach feels full and heavy even after it has been more than a couple of hours after meal. Generally, it takes maximum 1 & ½ hours for the stomach to feel empty, but if the time taken for it is more, then this is a condition of gastroparesis. It means there is some change in your normal digestion process.
In this circumstance, the food in your stomach doesn’t digest easily and creates a lump. As a result, you have hard time digesting your food. It also means the nerves connected to the stomach are not functioning well. There are a number of reasons for which you can get gastroparesis.
- Diabetes is one of the most common causes of making you feel fuller.
- Disorders in the nervous system, mainly Parkinson’s disease or cerebral attack can create this problem.
- Some medicines, especially antidepressants or anti-inflammatory in nature and certain painkillers can cause this problem.
Gastroparesis shows a number of symptoms:
- Occasional vomiting as you feel unnecessarily fuller. When you vomit, it gives out chunks of undigested food
- A feeling of nausea
- You feel full after you have eaten very little
- Bloating and pain in your abdomen
- There is alteration in the blood sugar level
- You don’t feel like eating due to loss of appetite
- You lose considerable weight as you don’t eat much
- A possibility of suffering from malnutrition, again due to lack of appetite
How it can be treated?
When you identify the reason for gastroparesis, then treating it becomes easier. If diabetes or nerve disorder is creating the problem, leave it to your doctor to treat. For other causes like lack of appetite, there are some natural ways of treating it.
- Have frequent smaller meals. This way you don’t push yourself to eat much and at the same time, the body doesn’t lack nutrition and energy
- Avoid fibrous fruits
- Avoid high carbohydrate and high fat foods, which takes time to digest
- Intake foods which you can swallow, like soups or stew. They are healthy and are also easy to digest
If the problem still persists, consult your doctor who may prescribe some medicines to stimulate the stomach muscles. They generally have no side-effects. There are some medicines which can control your vomiting and nausea. There are some surgical treatments for gastroparesis, where the doctors place a feeding tube in your small intestine. A gastric venting channel is another option, which helps you to get relief from excessive gas formation in your stomach, thus accelerating the process of digestion.