Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam PathareYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 20 years old female. Vegetarian. Does not drink milk. Under weight. Symptoms - weight loss Loss of appetite Excessive excretion after every meal Large liver Body weakness A few food like chilli cause indigestion. Initial diagnosis - ibs, irritation along stomach lining Treatment going on for 2 years with no improvement Gone through allopathy and Ayurveda and also homeopathy Permanent cough.
Hello actually I have acidity problem. And this not small problem, its create back pain, stomach pain head ache, harmful for digestive problem. I always upset due to acidity. Please advice how I control to my acidity problem. It would be your obligation.
I am suffering from gerd, am taking mrng sompraz 40 & kinpride 3 times before food. Suddenly am feeling chest pain and severe left abdomen pain. Heart shows normal. But pain cant barable. Wat may be the reason. Kindly suggest for any diagnosis and treatment. Is gerd is cureable. Please help me for solution.
I am working in IT field with rotational shifts, I have severe hair fall problem. I consulted a doctor and got some medicines. Please can you confirm whether below medicines will increase the bald. I'm really afraid to take any medicines. minor forte 10 Salifast CB - clobetasol propionate wit salicylic acid lotion Bio plus 7 tablets K one 200 I plus.
I am suffering from acne near to anus with sever itching and causing very discomfort. Suggest me suitable remedy please.
I work in night shifts. Can I get some tips how to maintain diet. I have a gastric problem and sometimes I feel I'm not hungry bcoz of this.
I am 24 year old and I am goin thorugh very high time please help me 1. I feel too thirsty all the time 2. Have also developed skin tags near neck and near right eye 3. Also suffer from gas problems have stopped smoking in march month then again in june in tension I had also smoked for couple of days and feeling too much thirsty all the time.
Am having some pain in my right side of my potty hole I took ceftum 500 but still its paining also too enzoheal d but still paining.
Hello doc, My mom who is 41 years is of normal weight and height. She is suffering from very bad stomach pain and vomiting due to gastritis quite often .once medicated she feels better and the pain returns after few days. Is this related to ulcer? Or food habits. Please advise.
I had a problem of acidity, I am getting severe stomach ache how to get rid of such problems. And also I have problem of constipation.
Is there any permanent cure of acidity or gastric, any medicine could help in long term relief? Specific diet to follow?
I am 23 years old recently met with an accident due to it I frequently get pain on my left side of the abdomen even there is a swollen and also having a constipation problem. Can you help me what is the actual cause of the pain?
Sir har roj mujhe din me 2,3 bar latrine jana padta he or latrine karne k waqt toilet k rasta se patla sperm nikalta he or continue 2,3 din meat khane se latrine k sath blood nikalta he .I think that I have digestive problem. And sexual problems kyun ki sex karne k bad mei dekhta k mera sperm patla he or jyada time sex nehi kar pata hu .so sir give me the best permanent solution.
Patients suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome experience severe abdominal pain, abdominal bloating along with cramping, gas, constipation and a constant urge to go to the toilet again and again. IBS is a health disorder where the large intestine or the colon is affected. This condition is a chronic one and requires long-term management. The symptoms are usually worse after eating and tend to occur in episodes. Although the disorder cannot be reversed, several symptoms can be managed or controlled by making lifestyle and dietary modifications. Most patients with IBS will experience flare-ups that last for a few days. For others, medical treatment is required.
Treatment and Care
Different procedures are used to treat IBS, which vary from person to person. However, one single treatment does not work with everyone.
Lifestyle and Dietary changes:
By making several basic modifications to your regular diet and activities, IBS improves with time. Here are some tips:
- You should avoid caffeine in any form such as coffee, tea or soda.
- You should increase the amount of fiber in your diet and include vegetables, fruits, whole grains and nuts.
- You must drink three to four glasses of water regularly.
- Smoking should be abstained from.
- You must undertake relaxation techniques and work out in order to reduce stress.
- Your amount of dairy product consumption must be reduced.
- You should eat frequent, small meals instead of fewer large meals.
- The most common food triggers, which lead to IBS are green onions, red wine, milk and red peppers. You should not consume these products.
- You should keep a record of the types of food you consume so that you can identify the IBS triggering food items.
- You should eliminate high gas producing food items from your diet. Food items which may result in passing excess amount of gas such as carbonated vegetables and vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower should not be consumed.
Several medicines are used to treat IBS. These include the following:
- Antispasmodics are used to control muscle spasms in the large intestine.
- Antidiarrhoeal medicines are used to control the symptoms of diarrhoea.
- Laxatives are prescribed for relief from constipation.
- Bulking agents like wheat bran and corn fibers are used to slow down the food movement through the digestive system. They also relieve symptoms.
- Antidepressants are also used in case of some patients with IBS for relief.
- In patients, whose symptoms occur due to bacterial overgrowth in the intestines, certain antibiotics may be used for treatment.
There are several triggers of IBS, which must be identified and treatment should be undertaken after that. For the proper identification and best treatment of IBS which suits your symptoms, it is essential you consult a gastroenterologist. Alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, using certain herbs and probiotics can also be followed.