Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prit RaneYour feedback matters!
Only a few years back, visiting a sexologist was a big taboo. People would never feel comfortable sharing their intimate moments. Lately, as societies have become advanced, People are gradually getting liberal about such issues. Sexologists now claim to have more clientele than ever before. Stressful competitive lives, ego clashes and individualistic thinking destroy couples ability to enjoy intimacy to a large extent. Thus, in general, there is a greater need for an expert help in present times.
Sex is strongly linked to our physical, emotional and psychosocial health and determines our relationships and happiness to a large extent. For many, sex is the most exciting part of a relationship and gives immense pleasure and contentment. For such couples, it is a pillar of strength as they derive confidence and trust in their relationship through a good sex life.
Unfortunately, this does not hold true for many partners. Many struggle to find answers to their problems. Many struggle with failed relationships and fail to enjoy the act itself. Human relationships are quite complex and sex is an indispensable part of it. Understanding and dealing with sexual issues require a lot of sensitivity. An expert such as a sexologist can help partners explore causes for their unhappiness and plan interventions to turn on the spark.
There are quite a few physiological reasons that explain issues around sex. Those can be treated with medical intervention, however, most have associated psychological issues and require counselling. Let’s have a look at them:
Penis Size: The size of penis is a matter of great concern for men. Small size penis can affect a man’s confidence making him anxious and nervous thus affecting his performance drastically. The doctor may advise drugs and hormonal treatment and an expert may help the patient overcome confidence issues.
Erectile Dysfunction: Lose erection or inability to hold erection can cause severe distress among men. This is curable in most of the cases. A sexologist can help the patient restore his sex life to normal.
Pain and Discomfort During or After Intercourse: If any of the partners experience pain during or after intercourse, the experience becomes traumatic. Painful intercourse is caused due to many reasons including infections, lesions, ulcers or dryness. The treatment for the same is available. It is extremely important to consult a doctor and get yourself treated than to linger on with an infection and suffer in silence.
Apart from this, loss of interest in sex, fears or inhibitions due to an abusive experience may become obstacles to achieving marital bliss. A sexologist deals with issues surrounding relationships and intimacy and provides a guided self-help personal intervention so you achieve the best in your relationship.
I have a daughter 2 year's old. And I want 5 years gap for 2nd child. And I'm not comfortable with copper t. Can I use vaginal pills? And which one. And m feeding still. please help.
Hello sir; I am having period problems from last 5 years, its really painfully HV done many home remedies BT its didn't work. So suggest me some solution.
Having urine infection . Details are as below: 1- burning 2- blood in urine. Kindly mention the cause of the problem and remedies . Thanks.
For some women, having their own children is not as easy as it seems. Suffering from more than two or more miscarriages is known as recurrent miscarriage. This experience affects every aspect of a woman’s life from her mental and emotional health to her physical health and social well-being.
It is important for a woman undergoing this experience to keep in mind that she can still give birth to a healthy baby even after recurrent miscarriages.
- Look after your health: Miscarriages are not very uncommon and in many instances are a result of the woman’s body not being able to take the strain if a growing fetus. Hence, pay attention to your health to prepare your body for future pregnancies. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine and exposure to toxins that can cause fertility problems. Eat healthy food and start taking a multivitamin with folic acid on a daily basis. Exercise regularly, but avoid strenuous activities that involve heavy lifting or dangerous contact sports. Yoga is great for pregnant women or women planning a family as it tones your body keeps your stress levels low.
- Talk to people: A miscarriage can affect your emotional health and self-image, but you must remember that you are in a way responsible for the miscarriage. Talk to other women who have had a similar experience and share your feelings with them. Men and women cope with a miscarriage in different ways and hence work on communicating your feelings with your partner. Do not suppress your feelings, but acknowledge them and work through them. You may also find it beneficial to talk to a counsellor or get involved with a support group.
- Give yourself a break: It’s ok to not attend your friend’s baby shower when you’ve recently suffered a miscarriage. Instead of surrounding yourself with your friend’s babies and children, take a break and pay attention to yourself. Develop a hobby or find something to keep yourself busy. Take a holiday with your partner and find ways to reconnect with them. Find your own way of acknowledging the pregnancy. This could be in the form of writing about it, naming the baby or planting a tree in memory of the baby.
- Get proactive: Don’t sink into despair because of your miscarriages. Educate yourself about the various reasons you may have miscarried the baby by reading books or talking to medical professionals. This can help prevent future miscarriages.
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant. She is having fever for the past 2 days. Doctor has advised calpol and biotax 200 .is having an antibiotic advisable now?
Hello. I am 20 yr old girl and often disturbed bcoz of breast pain. I have noticed many times that when I wear bra, my pain increases and when I take it off, pain is slower down in some time. please help me.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a “male hormone,” causes development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (discharge of ovules from the ovaries), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Symptoms of PCOS include:
Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "hirsutism." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.3
Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
Hair Loss. Thinning hair or hair loss on the scalp; male-pattern baldness
Weight Gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Skin Darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
There is apparently no procedure to cure PCOS and improve fertility but the treatment is tailored as per the symptoms of the condition:
A lack of ovulation and menstrual cycles hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation and menstrual cycle which can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise of both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
PCOS along with insulin resistance warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which are prescribed to enhance insulin sensitivity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have missed my period from 6 days bt I tested 2 days b4 at home n it was negative result Do I pregnant? Also m feeling lil pain in lower abdomen n in lower bck n also got lilbit wyt discharge. Is preganews is the ryt way to chk pregnancy? Winter is the reason of delaying in period? I have feel vomiting bt vomit doesn't come out. I want to get pregnant. Wat do I do Is the above symptoms is of period? Is the morning urine is compulsory for chkng I have checked in the afternoon about 3-4 pm N it was negative Wat is the ryt way to chk n when I chk? Hom many days can I wait for another chkng? My regular date is 28 now m 6 days late n I also check 2-3 days before my period. Dat tym also it was negative Wat should I do now?
What you think about mind?
- Mind is a pot where you can keep the things which is full of sweet fragrance or bitter in taste means positive thought, strong thoughts, powerful thoughts, divine thoughts or vice versa. Accordinly lies impact on the body. If you want to balance in life need to do meditation. Meditation doesn't mean pranayam.
- Most of the diseases are psychosomatic. Therefore keep your pot free from jealous. Greed, lust, envy. Fear anger, anxiety, and past time thoughts trigger our stressors. And feel light, fee and happy. Live happy and let other be happy.
My loved one get periods on every 13 of the month. This time we had sex on 5th of may but this time her period is still pending. Is there any chances for pregnancy.
Be present. Stay in the moment. Think about the now. You are where you are and you are only wasting time if you are focusing on the past or obsessing about the future.
Had unprotected sex 48 days back on july 15th first time only once 5 minutes. Took ipill after sex 3rd day 1 tab and 4th day 1 tab. I had sex on 10th day of my cycle. 5th August expected my periods. I missed my periods. Why? Am I pregnant? Or because of ipil? Why why? I am tensed. I did pregnancy test in home with i can. Its negative.
My wife get period after 1 month of her delivery. Is it OK She is taking yaz tab We had a intercourse with precaution and on third day of our intercourse she get period again. Is she get pregnant again please help to know me.
My frnd have prblm of irregular periods and had consulted doctor also so please give helpful suggestions to get rid of these prblm.
I had sex on last day (23rd nov) of my period which started on 20th nov. But now I am experiencing early signs of pregnancy can anyone explain this. I will take a test tomorrow morning and once again in case I miss my period this month (only if it is negative). I have a 36 day cycle. So I should be expecting my period around 23rd of this month.
My wife is pregnant first time i cant know how many times injections give him and which month for healthy baby.
My mom is 67 years old. She is suffering from Herpes from last 15 days, she us taking medicine its been healing a little. But she has too much back pain, burning sensation near the shoulders, where the blisters aren't there. And too much numbness in legs and calf muscles. Even she has burning sensation all the day and night even where the blisters are happened. Her dosage of medicine is also over. I was applying a cream, even that is of no use. Pls suggest what can be done. She is not able to take the pain and burning and also she is diabetic. Pls suggest. Thank you.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.