Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priam KendreYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from the problem of hair fall and dandruff a lot. So can you help me to get rid of this problem.
Did you know that milk can cause acne?
Including cheese, milk, and ice-cream etc into your daily meals maybe the reason behind the painful acne on your face. Processed milk and other dairy products negatively affect your skin and trigger the formation of whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.
Here’s how milk causes acne and what you can do to get clearer skin.
How does milk cause acne?
1. Milk contains a growth hormone IGF-1 (responsible for the growth and strength of calves) in large amounts. This has an adverse effect on your skin, and is responsible for its inflammation, which results in acne. In fact, this hormone can even increase the size of the acne.
2. Consumption of milk and other dairy products also result in a sharp rise in the amount of insulin present in your body, which initiates more IGF-1 production by the liver, thereby increasing acne.
3. Excessive sebum (oil) is secreted by your skin due to the consumption of milk, which results in more number of clogged pores, causing an acne breakout. Additionally, an increase in sebum helps the acne bacteria to grow and breed, which further causes skin inflammation.
4. Consumption of milk can render your skin unable to get rid of dead skin cells, causing more acne due to clogged pores. This happens as milk sticks dead cells together inside your pores, interfering with their natural process of falling off.
What can you do to get acne-free skin?
The best way to get acne-free skin is by trying to limit your consumption of milk and dairy products. You can do so in two ways:
1. Discontinue Milk Intake: Stop consuming milk and its products completely for at least 30 days and observe the changes. If your skin improves after 30 days, you can add small amounts of high-quality dairy, like organic yoghurt, to your diet. If eliminating milk does not show any positive effects, try observing other triggers of acne and look for appropriate methods of removing them.
2. Switch to Organic Milk Products Only - If you find it difficult to totally cut off milk from your diet, try reducing the amount of milk intake and totally avoid processed milk products. Switching to raw, grass-fed dairy products will also be beneficial.
What are the alternatives to milk which can be consumed without harming your skin?
You can also replace milk with the following products in your diet chart to prevent the occurrence of acne.
1. Organic almond milk without added sugar
2. Organic coconut milk containing no artificial sweeteners
3. Natural coconut cream
Warning: Do not consume soy milk as a milk substitute as it contains omega-6 fats, which cause skin inflammation and swelling of acne.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 21 years old I am hvng hair fall problem I am using many shampoo nd olive oil bt I think its nt wrkng hair r gtng thin I think I wnt strong nd thick hair wt should I do .plzzzz say.
I have some information between the legs in the upper tight region It feels a kind of itching sensation too.
I have started having many pimples on my face and it becomes black gradually and becomes a black spot on my face what should I do.
I am 26 years old female and my skin is sometimes oily sometimes dry. I do not have acne problem but my concern is, I have open pores on my cheeks. I wash my face daily at night and use a face scrub every week once. Please let me know what can be done.
Am 22 year old girl am suffering from hair fall I staying in hostel and am not using any shampoos and all. I need a permanent n best solution to overcome this hair fall problem, mine s soft hairs not a rough hair.
My hair is dividing into two at ends. How to reduce my hair fall and suggest the best free tip increase my hair growth level without any side effects.
My face is heavy and I am looking like 30-35 years but I am only 22. I am getting very upset due to this please provide me solution as soon as possible. Thanking you in anticipation.
I am loosing my hair quickly ibhad tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am afraid of it so can you suggest me what can I do in these situation.
I am 18 years I want to ask a question that can I use himalaya hairzone spray for my hairs because my hairs are falling excessively and I can see my scalp easily can I used it or there is another treatment please help.
Hii sir, I am 24 old I have pimples on my face since 8 years ago and small holes and black heads and now holes are develop more on my face how can I recover my face to beautiful skin .is it possible.
Human skin is prone to many problems like pimples, pigmentation, wrinkles and acne. Acne is the bane of an adolescent’s life. Yet it happens due to a common problem. Hair follicles on skin, arms and the torso, sometimes overproduce cells and become blocked. Due to this blockage, oil produced by tiny oil glands in the skin gets trapped and becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, giving rise to acne.
There are two main types of acne - non-inflammatory and inflammatory. Examples of non-inflammatory acne are whiteheads and blackheads. Blackheads form when a clog or plug develops in the opening of hair follicles in your skin. Each follicle contains one hair and a sebaceous gland that produces oil, called sebum, which helps keep your skin soft. Dead skin cells and oils collect in the opening to the skin follicle, producing a bump called a 'comedone'. If the skin over the bump stays closed, the bump is called a whitehead. When the skin over the bump opens, exposure to the air causes it to look black and a blackhead forms. These are ugly but can be taken care of through common cosmetic procedures.
Inflammatory acne is not so easy to treat or hide. Usually, in this type of acne, the hair follicle wall ruptures and the fighter white blood cells rush into the spot, causing either a very prominent white, yellow or red sore to form or a pus-filled lesion which is damn ugly and leaves a lifelong scar on drying.
Acne Scar Removal-
That’s all about acne, now the treatment. Acne is partially a hormonally linked problem and it is also linked to inflammation. Adolescents suffer the most. Treatments include pills and creams.
But now lasers have become the treatment of choice for sufferers.
Lasers are the magic wands of plastic surgery. They work by emitting a ray of light which produces certain effects in the skin leading to the removal of acne and its scars, as well as skin tightening, and hair removal. Laser treats acne by shrinking oil glands and killing the bacteria that cause acne. They, apparently work on ’porphyrins’, compounds which are present inside acne-causing bacteria. So when porphyrins are targeted, they damage the bacterial wall killing the bacteria.
The kinds of lasers that doctors use for treating acne include Diode, Nd:YAG, IPL, Glass, and Pulsed Light and Heat Energy (LHE), as well as a new "vacuum" laser called ‘Isolaz’ which is extremely effective. There are reports that laser treatment may also reduce sebum (skin oil) levels in the skin which trap bacteria and cause acne in the first place.
The lows of laser for acne treatment are that it’s expensive and usually, requires multiple trips to the dermatologist. Doctors usually recommend three treatments, about a month apart. This can go up if you have stubborn acne.
Laser resurfacing, a process that smoothes the top surface of the skin is also used for getting rid of acne scars. But once again it’s expensive and takes multiple sittings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.