Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prerana Shah
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prerana ShahYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Prerana Shah provides answers that are knowledgeable. She's absolutely 1000/-true. .She's a good doctor. But so distance between my place. How can I meet her. ?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prerana Shah to be very helpful. Thanks
From the past few days I'm not able to hear properly from one ear .I had apply some ear drop but it's not working.
Stuttering is a fluency disorder, which is primarily developmental in nature. It can develop due to neurological problems as well. It involves core features like repetition of words or part of words, fillers, hesitations, and blocks. It can have associated facial, hand, leg, or body movements. These are the features which we can observe from outside. But, it affects the person much deeper at a psychological/ emotional level. Here I am sharing a list of do's and don'ts if you are interacting with a person with stuttering -
1. Listen to them patiently. Pay attention to what the person wants to say rather how is he saying.
2. Avoid talking for them.
3 try to maintain eye contact.
4. Use slow rate of speech in your speech as well and provide a good model.
5. Reduce pressure to talk. Demanding questions can be avoided.
7. Repeat and rephrase what the person wants to say to verify your understanding, just to avoid confusion.
8. Do encourage the person, where he is doing good. Eg. A person who cannot talk properly might be a great writer or painter.
9. Do tell others not to tease or copy.
1. Don't force the person to talk in front of others unless he is comfortable.
2. Don't interrupt his speech or talk for him.
3. Don't ask him to slow down or advice regarding any technique to be used unless advised by a speech therapist.
4. Don't call unnecessary attention to person's
5. Most importantly don't shout, scold. Be patient.