Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prerana MahnotYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old sir .My 2 teeth (mole) have removed due to cavity, is it any problems of medicine test? And there is no any other problem in my body.
From last few days I m feeling a pain in my teeth. Some of my teeth had became black. So I would request you to please suggest me the ways by which I can get rid of it.
There is hollow in my teeth due to that what ever I am eating its particle remain inside so how to fill it Wat will be better treatment for me. Please guide.
Many people are satisfied with the sparkle they get from daily brushing and regular cleanings at your dentist’s clinic, but if you decide you would like to go beyond this to make your smile look brighter, you should investigate all of your whitening options.
Start by speaking with your dentist. He or she can tell you whether whitening procedures would be effective for you. Whiteners may not correct all types of discoloration. For example, yellow-ish hued teeth will probably bleach well, brownish-colored teeth may bleach less well, and grayish-hued teeth may not bleach well at all. If you have had bonding or tooth-colored fillings placed in your front teeth the whitener will not affect the color of these materials, and they will stand out in your newly whitened smile. You may want to investigate other options, like porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
If you are a candidate for whitening there are several ways to whiten your smile:
• In-office bleaching. This procedure is called chairside bleaching and usually requires only one office visit. The dentist will apply either a protective gel to your gums or a rubber shield to protect the oral soft tissues. A bleaching agent is then applied to the teeth, and a special light may be used. Lasers have been used during tooth whitening procedures to enhance the action of the whitening agent.
• At-home bleaching. Peroxide-containing whiteners actually bleach the tooth enamel. They typically come in a gel and are placed in a specially made bleaching trays. Usage regimens vary. There are potential side effects, such as increased sensitivity or gum irritation. Speak with your dentist if you have any concerns.
• Whitening toothpastes. All toothpastes help remove surface stain through the action of mild abrasives. "Whitening" toothpastes have special chemical or polishing agents that provide additional stain removal effectiveness. Unlike bleaches, these products do not change the color of teeth because they can only remove stains on the surface.
Is tooth implantation (single incisor tooth) very painful? How much time usually it takes? Is it really worth and effective? Please also let me know some good hospital in Bangalore, where it could be done. Thanks.
I have manoclusion class 2 division 2 in my teeth. My upper teeth is aligned forward while lower teeth are back so that there is gap between two. So I want to ask is it necessary to solve this issue (I don't feel any problem though but while I sleep I force my lower jaw to come forward so that my jaw looks rectangle). If yes what is the solution of this? Please help.
Wisdom teeth is growing. Due to this I am getting more pain and unable to eat also. I am using pain killer tablets in order to get rid off pain
Hello there, I have Mouth ulcer problem which arises time to time. Please help me to get rid off this problem. Thank you.
I am having pain near right ear while opening my jaws, when eating food or yawning, I feel very much pain, this problem is about 2 months ago and it is continuously increasing Is it a serious issue,
I have teeth ache from last 3 months. So I don't eat cold item. I don't have any damage teeth but some time it will feels horrible. So what I can do for this problem?
Hi, I keep getting a random sensation, its like a Muscle twitch that runs across my temples. I have some tmj too on left side. Is it dangerous? I feel this kind of sensations frequently just for 5 or less and when I sleep or rest it goes. My question is these twitching dangerous or not. Please advice regarding this.
Hi sir am 20 years old. My problem is am getting blood on tooth when I get mouth wash and even in normal time E.g. when I eat something etc. So kindly suggest the good route to solve this issue. Seeking earlier reply from you.
I am having mouth ulcers frequently and are painful at times and irritating other times. I am taking lactobasil plus sachets and becasul plus. But results are not coming Pls advise.
I am 17 year old and I face problem in corner teeth my both corner get rusted. Sometimes it pain hardly.
How to reduce the heat in your body I am suffering from the mouth ulcer from for 5 days tell me the possible ways to reduce the heat in my body.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!