Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Iam 20years old female. From last 2 months my periods menstrual cycle is irregular in time. It is coming very late every month. What is the main reason for it? Due to low rbc cells or any other issue?
When ever I do sex with my wife. She is having very pain in her vagina. Kindly suggest me what is the issue and cure
The rains have come, so has dengue. The mosquitos that spread dengue bite during the daytime, so keeping as much of the body covered as possible reduces risk of being bitten. Use a mosquito repellent on the exposed parts of the body, it is safe in children, a repellent applied on the hands legs and face will protect much more than the fancy mosquito bands that are aggressively marketed during this season.
The first symptom of dengue fever is increased body temperature, which often associated with body aches and headache. Many over the counter fever medications have drugs that have effect on the kidneys, liver and platelets. Instead of self medication, it is advisable to seek medical attention. Diagnosing dengue early and being under the guidance of a doctor can prevent complications.
The major issue in dengue is decreased blood volume due to a leakage in the capillaries, the way to manage this is by adequately hydrating the person and quite often need intravenous fluids and serial monitoring of the blood counts and platelets. Unnecessary antibiotics and other drugs can increase the risk of bleeding and complications. Avoid self medication and over the counter medications.
Screening tests have to be chosen carefully, many labs advertise dengue screening, unless the correct test is chosen depending on the time since the start of the illness, these tests would not be useful. Stay alert, stay safe, always seek medical opinion before treatment or tests.
Sex was unprotected. On 20th of april. And my period got over on 15of April. I took ipill. Got withdrawal bleeding for about 8 days. Today is the day of period but not got period. Can I be pregnant?
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities
Hi I have an sex with my gf on 21st july 2016. Basically slightly I have touched her vagina with my penis . I am not sure that my sperm touched her vagina or not. I just want too ask if I wait till 10th august so that her periods come or not . After 10th august if periods does not come and if she take ipill tablet. I Pill really reacts or not ? If i pill not react any other thing too stop her pregnancy ? Please answer me I am in tension.
I am 20 years old I had my last periods on 23 june 2015 my bf fingered me on 21 july could I be pregnant I am not irregular with my periods.
I am unmarried 27 years old female diagnosed with pcos and thyroid. I am taking metformin twice daily since 5 mths. But my doctor has now stopped metformin and now I m taking thyronorm only but now I facing acne problem. Can I again start taking metformin n will it help in improving my acne problem. Kindly help.
My gf n I have unprotected sex on her 11th day of cycle. I did not ejaculated inside her. After few day I got to know that precum may also can cause pregnancy I gave her I pill on 15th day (in 90 hrs) of cycle. I am very much worried now what to do.
I am interested to peruse pregnancy and willing to have twins, one boy and one girl. Please suggest me measures, tips and advice so that I can have twins as one of them is girl and one is boy.
My wife is 5'3" and weigh 86 kg. We want to conceive but with this weight is there any health issues in it? also which days are high for conceiving after her period days?
Virus, the bad ones, in particular, can have serious effects on the body, which a person would not like to have, in any case. This is surely true when the case of herpes zoster is being talked about. This form of herpes is commonly known as shingles. But what if there was a proper solution to this issue? When a person has blisters forming and causing a rash in a limited area, shingles is likely to be the cause of the same.
What is interesting to know too many people is the fact that the virus, which is responsible for shingles or herpes zoster is the same one which is the cause for chickenpox! This virus is never cleared out even when the symptoms of chickenpox have long left the body of the person who had it. As a matter of fact, in some cases, it does reappear and affects the body again except this time in the form of shingles. However, doctors do not know why this occurs. Is that not weird?
Most people who have the bad luck of dealing with shingles are over sixty years of age. While knowing all this is quite beneficial, what about the treatment of shingles?
When it comes to the homoeopathic treatment of shingles, there is a range of options, which can be made use of. That being said, it is of the highest importance to keep in mind the fact that medicine should only be taken as per the prescription of a trained professional in homoeopathic medicine. This is especially true as homoeopathic treatment is very subjective and under the wrong course of medication, the result is not likely to be desirable!
Arsenicum album is one of the most popular medicines from the homoeopathic field. In most of the cases, where it is ideally used, the patient is undergoing pain with a burning sensation on the affected area of the skin. When a rash begins to form, there is normally some tingling in the skin in the run up to it.
Homoeopathic treatment is so good that there is medicine to nip the problem in the bud before it has the chance to cause the affected person a whole deal of anguish. Aconite is the medicine, in this case.
Hepar sulphur and Rhus Toxicodendron are also used often over the course of treatment. The former is useful especially for people with unhealthy skin while the latter is commonly used for herpes of the face and around the joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Over time, we have caused tremendous harm to our immune system. Day in and day out, we have potentially risked our lives by being so casual with our health choices. But still, is it possible to leverage some of this burden and thus make our immune system stronger? What if we incorporate some healthy habits into our daily regime? What if we improvise on our diet? Take certain additional vitamin supplements perhaps? Make other lifestyle changes in the hope of achieving a near-perfect immune system?
What exactly is the Immune System?
The immune system in layman language can be considered as a protective cover of the human health system. We are surrounded by millions of pathogens (disease causing germs) that have the ability to enter into the body and cause damage to it. Here comes in the importance of the immune system, the body’s natural shield against these pathogens.
How can you boost your Immunity?
You definitely cannot evade all the pathogens and get a top-notch, impeccable immune system, but you can at least try and listen to what your body has to say, and take steps accordingly.
The first and foremost protective measure can be to follow certain general good-health guidelines.
Do not smoke. There can be no compromise on this issue. Smoking or consuming tobacco in any form brings about a host of health complications; the most pronounced of them all is probably cancer. Smoking, in more ways than one, can spell real trouble for your immune system. So better cut down on your puffs or gear up to face the various medical banes of smoking.
Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low in saturated fat. Some examples may include citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables such as spinach or lettuce, yoghurt, almonds, lean meat. Sipping on green tea thrice a day is a wise choice in this regard. These measures not only strengthen the immune system but also enhance the Immune System.
Drink plenty of water. Water keeps the body hydrated, the ultimate prerequisite for a strong immune system. It helps to flush out all the toxins and ensures that the cells get the optimum levels of oxygen. Drinking a glass of lukewarm water mixed with honey and lemon on an empty stomach after getting up in the morning can prove to be one of the best health choices that you can make for your body.
If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation. Excessive alcohol consumption causes dehydration and it can deprive your body of the valuable immunity boosting nutrients. It also impairs the body’s ability to fight off germs and infections.
Get adequate sleep. One reason behind stressing on the need to get adequate sleep is because it’s so closely linked to the immune system. While you sleep, the body secretes certain hormones and substances which help better fight infections and diseases. This makes these hormones so vital and indispensable at the same time. So now you know what wonders can those 8 hours of sleep do to you.
Exercise Regularly. If you're looking for a safe and smart way to boost your immunity, regular exercise is the answer to it. But we are not talking about being an ardent, hard-core gym-junkie; rather exercising in moderate amounts would suffice. Cardiovascular exercises such as walking or swimming, performed 30-45 minutes a day, can prove to be very beneficial.
Including good hygiene habits in your daily routine, such as washing your hands properly, bathing and brushing your teeth daily, etc. can be useful as well. Good sanitary habits can be the most basic way to ward off infections at the germination stage. Keep a hand sanitizer with you all the time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.