Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Premlata BhagatYour feedback matters!
Agr koi ladki sex karte time pregnant ho jaye to, bina abortion kiye, kuch medicine aap prescribed kar sakte hai kya aur 24 hours ke baad kuch medicine kha ke kuch kiya ja sakta hai kya.
In pregnancy why don't start a Labour pain? My delivery date is given by Doctor is over so what is the reason?
Mujhe lukoria ki shikayat hai bhut saalo se par mere vagina se hmesa whiteish dhatu jaisa aate rhta h please help me to cure this doctors. Mai jab bhi koi garm chiz khati hu to ye aur jyada ho jata hai iska koi upay btaye.
Is it a type of problem if a girl does not have her mensuration date and her period starts anytime without a proper gap.
Endometriosis is a common gynecological disorder where the tissue lining of the uterus grows outside the uterine cavity. Endometriosis is caused most commonly by menstrual blood flowing back in the Fallopian tubes, instead of leaving the body. This endometrial tissue may then leak into the abdomen through a surgical scar or cut in the uterine lining, leading to endometriosis.
Here are five things you should know about this condition:
It is hard to diagnose
The first roadblock to diagnosing endometriosis is that though it is a very common condition, there is a lack of knowledge about it. The classic symptoms include heavy periods, painful bowel movements and urination, depression, fatigue and pain all over the body. The only way to correctly diagnose endometriosis is through a laparoscopy or keyhole surgery.
Endometriosis is not equal to infertility
One of the myths surrounding endometriosis is that it causes infertility, however, this is not true. When treated properly, endometriosis does not affect your fertility, and it is still safe for you to have children. At the same time,you should also know that being pregnant does not cure the condition.
It can reduce your sex drive
One of the symptoms of endometriosis is chronic pain all over the body. This, coupled with fatigue and depression can reduce your sex drive drastically. Additionally, the act of intercourse itself also becomes painful for women suffering from endometriosis. This pain can be managed with the use of pain relievers, or by experimenting with positions, which is most comfortable for you.
Some women have a higher risk of endometriosis
The exact cause that triggers the endometriosis is still unknown. However, certain factors are said to raise the risk of endometriosis, such as:
1, Genetics: Endometriosis may be passed genetically from generation to generation.
2. Pelvic infections: Scarring of the uterine walls via infections or surgeries can give the menstrual blood that falls back to the Fallopian tubes a way out of the uterine cavity, and hence, lead to endometriosis.
3. Short Menstrual cycles: Women with menstrual cycles that are shorter than 27 days, or those who have periods that last longer than 7 days are more susceptible to endometriosis than others. However, myths that suggest delaying pregnancy as one of the causes of endometriosis are false.
There is no known cure
The treatment for endometriosis addresses its various symptoms as there is no known cure for the disease itself. Even a hysterectomy will not cure this disease unless it includes the removal of your ovaries as well. Over the counter pain medication may help deal with the muscle aches, while hormonal treatments that slow down the production of estrogen can help with the painful menses. Light exercises such as walking and swimming can also help deal with the discomfort of endometriosis.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool?
Styloid process enlargement causing pain is a rare problem called Eagle's syndrome or stylalgia.
Symptoms include foreign body sensation in throat,pain during swallowing or neck movement .
On palpation of the tosillar fossa of the affected side there is pain.
Generally stylalgia occurs due to compression of the sympathetic nerve bundle around the carotid vessels by the enlarged Styloid process or calcified Stylohyoid ligament.
You will need to get an orthopantomography done?That's an xray of your mandible,maxillary, teeth which also shows the Styloid process.We measure the length of Styloid process and if it's causing pain it's generally equal to or more than 20mm.
Confirmation of diagnosis may be done by intra oral lignocaine injection before going for surgery which is the most recommended treatment in case of confirmed Stylalgia. A CT scan is a good tool preoperatively for a good estimate of size ,angulation and relation of the Styloid process with other structures.Depending on position a tonsillectomy may be needed to approach the Styloid process intra operatively.
However if not willing for surgery immediately under a doctor's supervision a trial of Carbamazepine may be started.But since this drug has some side effects including bone marrow depression and skin rashes a routine blood test(Haemoglobin ,CBC) before starting the drug has to be done.This drug should strictly be taken under a doctor’s prescription after the blood tests.
Reduced sex drive can be a result of many psychological and physical causes. This condition may ruin a person’s relationship, more so, if both the partners are experiencing poor sex drive. Eventually this affects confidence and self esteem of either partners. A natural option to treat such a condition is Ayurveda. Herbs being organic, treat the root cause of this ailment. These herbs are known to give relief to poor libido among men and/or women. In addition to including these herbs, knowing reasons that can cause, deficient sex drive may also be of great help.
Physical fatigue and stress are major causes of lack of interest in sex. There may be medical or psychological reasons that can cause this condition. Medical conditions affecting sex drive include, hormonal imbalance, conditions affecting reproductive system in women.. Other physical reasons causing this condition include, trauma, injury, accident related trauma, etc. It is common in women, post delivery.
Although it is good to seek medical help, you may want to make few changes in lifestyle and pin point the reasons of poor libido. With help of ayurvedic herbs, you can treat this condition, by attending to factor causing it. Listed below are five effective options that can alleviate your problem to a great extent.
1) Garlic Lets begin with a simple herb that is commonly found, garlic. Garlic is an ayurvedic herb, and is popular for its properties to cure. Recouping after an infection or injury or child birth is easier, when you include garlic in your diet. Besides being curative, it is known for its improved sexual performance in men and women, as it promotes, general well being of sexual organs.
2) Shatavari popularly known as Asparagus Racemosus, helps in alleviating hormonal imbalance in women, more so, after child birth. It is also good remedy to overcome difficulties while conceiving. It is known to improve blood circulation and generation process, besides, overcoming miscarriage conditions in women. It is also effective in treating, certain conditions in men, such as, inflamed sexual organs, spermatorrhea and impotence.
3) Ashwagandha It is commonly called as Indian Ginseng and useful in treating conditions in men. It can mitigate conditions such as, male infertility, impotence, and premature ejaculation. It is an adaptogenic herb that provides good nourishment to your body, thereby making it competent to handle stress and strain. It therefore rejuvenates your sex drive, other than strengthening your respiratory and reproductive systems. When you are not stressed or fatigued, sexual desires, come back to you. To include ashwagandha in your routine, you should take it with, warm milk or ginger or hot water or honey or meals, to digest it easily.
4) Salab Mishri is a terrestrial plant known for promoting sexual endurance, besides improving your overall health. It is popularly useful in men, with conditions affecting sperm quality. It is known to improve blood circulation to penile region and hence augment sperm quality.
5) Shilajit Ayurveda revers this herb to be a divine, youth rejuvenating nectar. It helps maintain your youthful vigor and sexual desire. It is basically an aphrodisiac, that works to ameliorate male sperm count or low sperm count in man. It is effective when, poor libido is a result of hormonal irregularities. To summarize, this herb, improves hormone functioning, libido and sexual performance, and can be called Ayurvedic equivalent to Viagra.
My question is recently I got married about 50 days ago I had daily intercourse with my wife 2-3 times a day. Now she is pregnant but I still having intercourse with her. Now I heard having a intercourse with pregnant women will effect the baby. Is it true or not. Please give me perfect information about it. And also suggest what kind of treatment should be better for her. Thanks.
It is a popular belief that summers are better for exercise routines and therefore more walking and running can happen. Not just that, the basic metabolic rate is believed to go higher as foods are burned faster and more effectively. However, there is a need to watch what you eat and how much do you exercise cautiously, whatever the season.
With summer comes the time for holidays, which means more eating out a lot more, barbeque nights, and more traveling. It is very important to watch not just calories, but also the healthy quotient of the foods.
- Cooling Foods: Well, ice-creams and smoothies may provide a cooling effect, they are not totally cool. The soaring temperatures increase the urge to indulge in smoothies and ice-creams. While it is okay to indulge in them maybe once in a week, ordering an ice-cream or a smoothie on a daily basis is to be avoided. Opt for low-calorie, no-fat smoothies, or frozen desserts. Tender coconuts and plain fruit juices are another option. Tender coconut is the best option as it is naturally protected and packed with nutrition.
- Barbecue nights: While summer allows you to enjoy a barbeque party in your garden or the terrace, watch what actually gets barbequed and eaten. Grilling is considered one of the healthiest cooking methods, but the side dishes do the most harm. The cheesy dressings and salads take away the benefits of eating the grilled foods. While calories are one thing to watch for, hygiene is another thing. With summer setting in, the number of food-borne diseases also increases.
- Picnic foods: Summer holidays bring in time for picnics and outings. Whether you have a beach in your neighborhood or a hilltop just a couple of hours drive away, it is common to see families heading out for picnics with packed food stuff. The food per se may not be as harmful as the chips, fries and other accompaniments that go with it. Add to it the urge to include ice-creams while on the go, they could push your calories straight upwards. And whether you are headed to the beach or the hilltop, the combination of the cool weather and the hot summer puts you at a higher risk for food poisoning. Make sure you eat fully cooked food and not pick from any joint on the way.
- Beer: There can be nothing more inviting than a mug of chilled beer for the adults during summer. However, do not forget to pay attention to the calories that get added through it. Be mindful of this fact. We are not saying you should quit, but you definitely need to watch the amount of calories that you are gulping down from the mug.
There are many other tips to watch for in your diet during summer, however, these are the major dangers.
My Beta hug level is 1723 and on ultrasound doc could not locate gestational sac? Is it ectopic pregnancy.
I am in a pregnancy treatment fòr 2 months. I have taking the tablets such as conseval , duphaston 10 mg (morning and night), folic acid, and evatone. My last period was on june 15th. I have stopped duphaston on july 18th morning. Still I did not got my periods. Is there any chance for pregnancy.
I am a female, 19years old. I had sex with my boyfrnd on 8 december, my last period was on 11 november. I took Unwanted 72 on 8 december. And till now I did not get any period. Am I pregnant? I am worried. Please help. We did not use any condom.
Hi I've had pcod problem and I took homeo medication for it. I had my date regular but now again they have become irregular. And I've put on a lot of weight. What do I do.
I am female pregnant 6 month second baby am 28 years am having infection in private part and very bad back pain.
Hii. It's been two months I had a chemical pregnancy and I am not able to conceive I have been trying everyday. But it's not turning out b positive. My pelvis report is cleared. My thyroid and blood report is also normal. What could b the problem and how could I conceive as soon as possible?
I m 38 week +3 days pregnant and my hb is 6. 5. Ager main an khoon(blood) chadvati hu toh koi baby ya mujhe problem ya koi complication toh nhi hogi?
After intercourse this is the 6th week. Tell me when is the correct time to take urine pregnancy test now?
According to physiologists, human bodies are of three types: endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Endomorphs are round and fat; they find it difficult to lose weight. Mesomorphs are neither too fat nor too thin; they can lose the weight they gain very easily. Ectomorphs are usually thin and tall; they can eat whatever they want without gaining much weight.
If you are an ectomorph and you wish to gain weight, the bad news is that it will be difficult for you. Your metabolic rate is too high and your muscle growth is comparatively lower. If you want to gain muscles, you need a comprehensive workout routine and the right diet. Along with the right training, you need to remember to eat from the three major food groups: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
I. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate is the main energy source for your body and you need 50-60 per cent of it in your daily intake. The foods you can include in your diet are as follows:
- Whole grain cereal
II. Proteins: Protein is the most important macronutrient (food you need in huge amounts in your diet). Protein plays an important part in repairing your body and building muscles. You need 1.5 grams of protein intake as per your bodyweight. Proteins you can eat include:
- Lean meat (Such as turkey or chicken)
- Fish (Such as halibut, tilapia, cod, etc.)
- Seafood (Such as crabs, prawns or lobsters)
- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Cottage cheese
III. Fats: The correct fat intake will raise your testosterone levels (this hormone is responsible for muscle growth), protect the joints in your body, provide extra energy and improve your mood. You can add fat to your diet by consuming the following foods:
- Organic nut butter (Such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel and herring
- Healthy oils (Such as olive oil, fish oil or flaxseed oil)