Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 17 year old girl and I want to ask that is it natural pain during menstrual period or is there any medicine to cure it permanently?
Simple Ways to Treat Dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is a menstrual disorder in which women suffer painful menstrual cramps along with other symptoms during their periods. It affects about 20 percent of the women of menstrual age. This happens at the start of the periods and may last for three days till the end of the period.
Few Common Symptoms are:
- Abdominal pain with menstrual cramps
- Joint pain, especially in the lower back hips and sometimes in the inner thighs
- May also result in vomiting sometimes
- In certain cases, may also cause an upset stomach
The causes behind dysmenorrhea
The primary cause behind this is usually the contracting of the uterus. The uterus does normally contract a little during menstruation but it may contract a bit too much, affecting the blood vessels and nerves within the abdominal region causing this condition. Some basic steps to reduce pain from cramps.
Some of the steps to be followed to allay the symptoms are:
- Taking ample rest during the days of bleeding
- Staying away from alcohol or any other food or drink that may dehydrate the body
- Avoiding smoking
- Avoid coffee or any food products high in caffeine
- Avoiding foods high in salt
- Massaging the lower back gently
- Using a hot water bag on the abdomen to relieve some of the pain
The steps mentioned above are meant primarily as preventive and pain reducing measures, but for more severe symptoms medications such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or others may be necessary.
However, the best advice would be to consult a doctor in case of prolonged pain during the days of bleeding rather than self-medicating or only relying on home remedies.
Hi. Mam I'm 36 years old I have started with ivf treatment. I have hypothyroidism for which I take levothyroxine 100 mcg every day, & I also have pcos problem for which I haven't taken any medicine, I want to know as my periods started on 11th Sep but bleeding is very light it happens & I took Provera 5 mcg twice a day for 7 days then after 12dys I got period having Provera & my last period I got in July twice for 7 days with 1 week gap, so I'm worried is it... OK this present period.
Juvenile arthritis also known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is a chronic, systematic and inflammatory disease, which causes damage to joints or damages of connective tissues. Symptoms include fever, rashes and hepato-spleenomegaly. This disease is persistent and inflammatory in nature and occurs before the age of sixteen. Homeopathy is widely used to cure juvenile arthritis. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines used to treat juvenile arthritis along with the symptoms based on which they are prescribed.
- Abrotanum: This homeopathic medicine is used when a child is suffering from juvenile arthritis and is unable to move. Symptoms include soreness and paleness and the condition worsens in the morning. Gouts may occur in the wrists or ankles. Inflammatory rheumatism is indicated before the start of swelling. Marasmus of children may occur signified by marked emaciation, especially in the leg. The skin tends to hang loose and gets flabby. Constipation and diarrhea occur.
- Aconite: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy, which is used in arthritis where there is tearing pain in the limbs. Violent pulls in the joints and bones are experienced. Contraction of the tendons and feeling stiff in the flexor muscles are other symptoms. Cramps affect several limbs. Aconite is used in early stages of juvenile arthritis. Atmospheric changes affect the patient, and dark hair, and eyes are developed. The muscle fibres becomes rigid.
- Apis: Apis is used in oedematous swellings and synovitis. The knee gets swollen, sensitive, sore and shiny along with stinging pain. The feet also swell and feel extra large. There is a rheumatic pain in the backside and in the limbs. The fingertips and hands become numb, and the patient is tired. Glands are enlarged or indurated.
- Arsenicum Album: This homeopathic medicine is used in juvenile arthritis where the patient experiences acute pain in the arms and hands. The pain begins from the elbow and extends to the armpits. There is an acute, pulling and shooting sensation in the wrists. The fingers swell as well along with pain in the finger bones. Cramps occur in the legs and swelling is felt in the palms at night. The hips experience acute pain as well, which extends to the thighs, groins and ankle bones.
- Belladona: Belladona is used for joint and bone pains. The pains generally increase at night and during the afternoon. Any kind of movement or touch leads to aggravation in the pain. Palpitations in muscles are caused. Cramps, spasms and movements which are convulsive are indicated.
Homeopathy is an ideal remedy for treatment of juvenile arthritis. Homeopathy being purely natural has no side effects and puts a check on all underlying causes of juvenile arthritis.
I am a 29 years old recently got married. I am scared if having sex with my partner due to vaginal pain. Will lox 2% help yo ease tht pain of mine. Will it numb tht area.
Hi Dr. I am taking novelon tablet. Is this tablet sideeffect of breast cancer. Breast cancer chances increase by taking this tablet somebody tell me about. Is this true. But my Dr. gave me this tablet 21 days course.
I have consulted a doctor to postpone my periods (menstruation cycle )date she advice me to consume MEDROX tab. Thrice a day. Is it safe to postpone period with this medicine and if there are any side effects please tell Is this medicine really works or which is best and safe.
How can I find whether my partner is a virgin during my first first sex with her. whether bleeding occurs in women during first sex.
Hi I am 24 years old women. I am in relationship with my boyfriend from past 1 year. In this 1 year we always did fingering, oral sex, playing with breast and all. But he never inserted his penis in my vagina. But we recently had unprotected sex but he didn't put his sperms in my vagina. He removed his penis immediately when he felt he is coming out. My periods was on 24th august. Please advise.
I am 27yr old female. I suffer from hormonal imbalance. What should I do? and what diet should I take and what food should I avoid?
10 CARDINAL SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY-
1-EXCESSIVE BODYACHE- THIS IS MAIN SYMPTOM OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE LOSS ALL YOUR ENERGY AT THE END OF THE DAY AND IF YOU BECOME TIRED EVEN AFTER SLIGHT WORK, IT MAY REPRESENT VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
2-UNEXPAINED DEPRESSION-IF YOU HAVE LOW MOOD, WHICH IS UNEXPLAIN BY YOUR SITUATION, THAN YOU HAVE TO GO FOR VITAMIN D TEST
3- TINGING AND NUMBNESS OF LIMBS-IF YOU FEEL PIN PRICKING SENSATION IN YOUR HANDS AND FEETS, THAN YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
4- MUSCULAR CRAMPS-SUDDEN TIGHTNESS OF MUSCLES ESPECIALLY IN CALF AREA. SOMETIME IN ANKLE, THIGH, ARM, WRIST, FINGERS ETC. SUGGESTIVE OF VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
5-RESTLESS LEGS AT NIGHT-IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR BODY IS PAINING SPECIELLY LEGS, WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING. YOU FEEL SOME RELEIF BY MOVING YOUR LEGS. IT GENERALLY HAPPENS IN NIGHT AND FEELING OF RELATION BY STRACHING OF LEGS REMAIN UNTILL YOU ARE NOT FALLING IN SLEEP.IT ALSO SUGGESTIVE OF VITANIN D DEFICIENCY
6- UNCONTROLLED DIABETES- IF YOUR SUGAR IS NOT CONTROLLED BY MEDICATION, EVEN AFTER APPROPRIATE DOSE AND SUGAR LEVEL HAS FLUACTUATIONS THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING
7- RECURRENT INFECTION-IF YOU GET COLD/COUGH/FEVER ON SLIGHT CHANGE IN WHETHER OR SLIGHT CHENGE IN DIET, IT MEANS YOU MAY HAVE VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
8-NECK PAIN- IF YOU SUFFER FROM NECK PAIN A ND YOU THINK THAT IT IS DUE TO SO CALLED “CERVICAL”, THAN YOU MAY BE WRONG. MOST OF NECK PAIN IS DUE TO LACK OF VITAMIN D
9- BACKACHE AND LUMBER ACHE-IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM IN LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHT, BENDING, OR YOU HAVE PERSISTENT LOW BACKACHE SOMETIME CALLED AS “DISC BULGE” AND “SCIATICA”, THAN IT IS POSSIBLITY THAT YOU MAY SUFFER FROM VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
10- SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS-IF YOUR SKIN PROBLEM LIKE PSORIASIS IS NOT COMES UNDER CONTROL EVEN AFTER PROPER MEDICATION OR IT REAPPEAR AFTER SOMETIME , THAN GO FOR VITAMIN D TESTING.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. Today I saw a little brown blood outside the vagina without clot. Is there anything to worry?
Sir I hve sex after one week of my periods tht to we use condoms bt accidentally it break bt within 12 hour I taken precautions I pill will there is any chance to get pregnant?
A. Ayurveda is an art and science of healing, a way of long, happy and healthy living. It literally means'to know about life.
Q. How it is defined?
A. It is defined as one which informs to look after the welfare of all human beings in particular and beings in general with regard to their physical, socio-cultural and spiritual well being.
Q. What is its antiquity?
A. It existed right from the beginning of life on the surface of this globe, in some systematize form. A systematize knowledge of ayurveda came into existence thousands of years before christ (b. C.).
I and my gf had unprotected sex on 4th day of her period (28 day cycle), I made her to eat papaya alot and she had flight journey there after and after 12 days she had spotting, we had sex on that day after some time she bleed heavily, and know when her period is due 1 day I made ger to go through pregnancy test it came out negative, and she must get her period on april 18th, today is april 19th she did not get her period, is there any chances of her getting pregnant? She bleed mid cycle so she might not get her periods in time which one is true? Please give me answer in detail? Thank you!
प्र. वमन क्या है?
उ. शरीर में इकट्ठे हुए दोषों को पहले स्नेहन और स्वेदन से कोष्ठ में लाकर, उल्टी के द्वारा बाहर निकालने की प्रक्रिया को वमन कहते हैं.
प्र. वमन के क्या फायदे हैं?
उ. वमन करने से शरीर में जमा हुआ कफ निकलने से एलर्जी, अस्थमा, नज़ला-जुकाम, पुरानी खाँसी, माइग्रेन, एसिडिटी, भूख ना लगना, थायरॉइड, भारीपन, डाइयबिटीस, कोलेस्टरॉल, त्वचा के रोग, गठिया, डिप्रेशन, सुस्ती जैसी बीमारियों में बहुत लाभ मिलता है. यदि किसी को यह रोग नही है, तो कफ निकल जाने से, इन रोगों की होने की संभावना भी नही रहती.
प्र. वमन कब करवाना चाहिए?
उ. रोग की अवस्था के अनुसार तो वमन कभी भी करवाया जा सकता है. लेकिन स्वास्थ्य की दृष्टि से वसंत ऋतु में वमन करना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है. वसंत ऋतु में प्राकृतिक रूप से कफ बढ़ता है. ऐसे में यदि पहले की कफ का शोधन कर लिया जाए, तो रोग नही होते.
प्र. क्या वमन केवल रोगी के लिए ही है?
उ. नही, ऐसा बिल्कुल नही है. यदि स्वस्थ व्यक्ति वमन करवाता है, तो उसे कफ जनित रोग नही होते. इसलिए रोगी से भी ज़्यादा स्वस्थ व्यक्ति को इसकी ज़रूरत है.