Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti NandanwarYour feedback matters!
Hello, we are couple had regular intercourse and did not missed middle 6-10 days of intercourse. My wife has to get her period on 23 march, 2016 and she did not had her period and after 7 days she has a bleeding. We are confused that is it a sign of period or other. We had hopes this time she is late for 7 days and we thought she is pregnant but all of sudden she had bleeding, please help us with this query.
My wife is 8th month pregnant. She also eat calcium, folic acid, vitamin, iron tablets. So she can eat mother horlicks? Because mother horlicks have same contain.
Pregnancy is one of the most transformative experiences in the life of a woman. Every moment of pregnancy is filled with intense joy and anticipation. However, due to massive hormonal fluctuations during this time period, there can be moments of unexplained depression and distress. This happens mostly due to the metamorphosis that the body undergoes in order to accommodate the growth and development of a new life. During this time, innumerable physical changes take place.
Other major change that can vary from one woman to another depends on their lifestyle, general health, diet and self-care routine. Another important factor to consider is the kind of drugs that the doctors prescribe which can affect the body in different ways.
Ways in which your body transforms during pregnancy
- Skin: The rise in the levels of oestrogen often provides the “pregnancy glow” to the skin. It can temporarily make the skin look even toned and healthy. However, it may also affect the skin in a negative manner; give rise to blotchy pigmentation, rashes, under eye dark circles. The increase in oil secretion causes acne outbreaks. Stretch marks are common problems that do not seem to go easily. These are visible mostly near the abdomen and on the limbs.
- Hair: On a regular basis, almost 100 hair strands fall out, and new hair strands take their place. This continues in a cyclical process. During pregnancy, the follicles are mostly locked in a growing phase that causes a surge in the volume of hair. After the birth of the baby, the extra follicles start falling out and this phase can cause a lot of distress to the new mother. However, with proper care and medication, the excessive hair fall should be in control in a month or two.
- Bodyache: Back pain , especially in the pelvic or lower back region is one of the most common occurrences in the advanced stages of pregnancy. This is accompanied by headaches, swollen legs or tingly, numb feeling in the hands. The substantial increase in water retention is most visible in the legs and feet and may make walking or standing painfully difficult. Varicose veins develop and worsen during pregnancy. The sudden, yet temporary weight gain causes difficulty in movement.
- Digestion: The digestive system slows done during pregnancy. This happens due to a number of chemical secretions, hormones and in most cases, the inability to remain physically active as before. This leads to a rise in acidity, indigestion and most commonly, constipation.
- Incontinence: The pressure on the urethra can lead to difficulty in urination and cause incontinence.
- Heart, lungs and blood pressure: The heart has to work harder than before and pump extra blood to the growing baby within the womb. This causes an increase in the pulse rate and blood circulation throughout the baby. The blood pressure fluctuates and may drop down during the second trimester as the pregnancy hormones often cause the blood vessels to relax. This is often the reason for dizziness and disorientation during pregnancy. In case of patients with hypertension, the blood vessels may constrict and can create a medical emergency situation.
- Breasts: The increase in progesterone and estrogen, and the milk producing hormone ‘prolactin’ create visible changes in the breasts. This includes darkening of the areola, increase in the blood flow to the breasts, erection and hypersensitivity in the nipples and the growth in the milk sacs, ducts and lobes.
Most of these symptoms improve and disappear in a few weeks after child birth and the body starts recovering. The sheer exhaustion of childbirth takes a toll on the physical and mental health of the mother. There is utmost need of rest and proper nutrition. There is no need to rush to heal yourself, it is best left to nature along with a few guidelines that a doctor will help you with.
Hello I am 21 years of age 3 days after my last period I had unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated in me. 3 weeks later I took a pregnancy test it said negative at first then the next morning I looked at it it had a fainted positive line I have been urinating often which is followed by abdominal cramps butt yesterday I saw my period which is accompanied buy abdominal cramps but prior to my period a week before I was feeling cramps can you please help me and tell me what is wrong or if I'm pregnant.
I am a girl, in class 11th. When I was in 7th I used to have heavy periods for five days but I started to have very light periods for about 2-3 days. Is it normal?
Kindly suggest about my non-continuous bleeding with some abdominal pain after taking Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Unfortunately next day I miss to keep 2 tablets to keep in mouth for half an hour and had taken it with water and repeated the same on next day too. Brief information in this matter is due to no growth of fetus earlier, doctor successfully surgically abort it on 12 October and since than once I completed menstrual cycle and next time on being unintended pregnant, tried Gestapro (combination of Mifepristone and Misoprostol tablets) taken on 2nd January night. Kindly suggest. I don’t wish to visit doctor.
Hello, My name is bhawna, 26 years old. I missed my period n its 5 days late. So what to do, should I take a home pregnancy test or wait for few more days?
I am 20 weeks pregnant. Have gestational diabetics. Please suggest a suitable diet. When I monitor daily at home, the values varies. Like one day after 1 hr after breakfast it is 115, where as another day it is above 135 mg/dl.
What are the steps to follow during eighth month pregnancy to get the normal delivery and healthy baby.
Dear Doctor, My question is regarding AIDS. If a man has 3 physical relation (SEX) with 3 different ladies and none of 3 has AIDS then is there any possibility to have a AIDS to a man which have 3 multiple physical relation? Kindly answer.
The study shows the test which monitors the blood levels of dna fragments from dead cancer cells helps in tracking the severity and potential spread of the skin cancer
Hi am 23 year female I am didn't getting pregnant after marriage one year completed me and my hubby worried about pregnancy we taking the complete blood test and scanning, urine test, and thyroid test my reports are normal and my age is 23 my hubby age is 34 and my last LMP's are 14/11/2015, 11/12/2015, 22/01/2016, why this is happening please answer me Dr. Wt to do?
I have red itchy pimples on my both breasts. It occurs twice a week. Is this some kind of cancer. Tell me.
I am not getting pregnent after stoping the ocp before 3 months ago, how much time it will take to become pregnent I was using the ocps from last 2 years.
My cousin had a cesarean in the month of November 2014 and she is again 2 months pregnant. What to do please advise?
I have periods on 27th bt still I did not get I have tried papaya jaggery and ginger tea also bt no result wat would be the problem.
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a gynaecologist. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.
I am 30 years never take alcohol or cigarette, past one year affected from genital herpes, kindly suggest ?
Hi my sister is having cyst in uterus. She operated bt it comes again. It's size is increasing very fastly. He wants to conceive but she got an abortion.
A little meet and greet with ayurveda.
The word, ayurveda, translates to'the science of life. It's a holistic science over 5,000 years old that contains a profound body of knowledge used to understand ourselves within the laws of nature.
According to ayurveda, each individual and all of the nature is made up of a certain combination of the five fundamental elements: space, air, fire, water and earth. These elements uniquely design each one of us, creating a distinct blueprint known as our dosha.
Knowing your dosha will help you determine lifestyle choices and the nutritional needs that will benefit you most on the quest to create optimal wellness and beauty.
Eat healthy with ayurveda.
There are many different recipes to quench your taste bud, but ayurveda encourages a seasonal diet and ingredients that balance out the qualities already occurring in nature.
Stay in shape
High fat food eating habits along with sedentary lifestyle results in accumulation of excessive fat which gets deposited in various channels of the body. This condition is usually associated with irregular appetite, hypertension, thyroid, pcod, diabetes and many other metabolic disorders.
Appropriate panchakarma treatments along with specially designed diet helps to mobilize the fat, reduce blood cholesterol, impart mobility to joints, strengthen muscles and refresh the body. A key effect of these treatments is to reach and maintain a healthy weight.