Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Deshpande
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Very comfortable. She provided helpful and clear information.
Respected sir i am 26 age as i am getting period early.Actually i will get my period on 1st of every month but last month i had got my period on 1st and again on 26th of same month now in this month i had got my period on 20th i am very much worried plz give some sloution to my problem.This early period causes any cancers or it is due to harmonal imbalance plz clarify my doubt
I tested in june month thyroid. And its level was 14. And I take medicine thyrox -50. I missed my period. I have a baby who is 7 years. I breast feed upto 3 yrs. And I test know for pregnancy. But there result is negative. When I squeezed my breasts. Little milk comes out. Before period my breasts are heavy. After period it was low. Doctor tell me for test prolactin. Am I patient of high prolactin or galactorrhea? please tell me. Now doctor prescribe me primolut and for come period.
I had a miscarriage and had surgical abortion d and c procedure I bled for 2 weeks then I stopped this is awkward to ask as the doctor asked us try for after 2 menstrual cycle so on the 15th day after the d and c procedure I asked him not to insert the Penis inside but however the sperm fell on the clit area is there any possibility that I could be pregnant? Now it has been 5 weeks still I didn't get my periods. Is it ok to have a Child soon after d and c?
I'm 18 years old I had a unprotected sex with my bf on 17 Nov and after 10 min I took ipill. And my monthly periods was over on 11 Nov but after 3rd day of ipill I had my periods again in very low amount. Plzzz reply me fast. Whether it is safe or unsafe. I'm so scared.
I was missing my periods fromapril and pregnancy is also negative so i've started taking regesterone 5 mg from yesterday should I take for 5 days or 7 days ?
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.