Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Very comfortable. She provided helpful and clear information.
Mujhe one year se pcod h or mere weight bohot speed se gain ho ra h. 71 kg ho cough h. please help. Weight loss kaise hoga and pcod ka koi treatment possible h b ya nhi. please tell me about pcod!
Hello mam yesterday mne ultrasound krwaya or travelling ki bus mai kisi wajh s muje Halka Halka brown discharge nikl rha h meri last period 20mar ko aaya tha per doctor k khne pr mne ultrasound krwaya jissmai baby ko only 5 week hui h or no heart beat please suggest me.
There is another silently progressing, common disease other than diabetes and hypertension that can cause potentially serious risk to your health in old age. Osteoporosis meaning “porous bones” indicates a condition where your bones become more porous, thinner and weaker due to accelerated loss of bone or reduced bone formation or both. It is most evident in the vertebrae of spine, hip bones and in the wrists.
Thin and porous vertebrae fracture easily. They crumble on their own or due to minor stresses during daily activities like coughing, sneezing, bending forwards. These fractures can be painless and go unnoticed in multiple levels till the spine develops a forward bend and a noticeable loss of height. Or it can cause significant pain and disability, limitation in daily activities and increased dependence on others. A simple slip and fall at home can cause a fracture in the hip bones that can make the patient completely bed ridden. These situations commonly cause depression and general deterioration of health and leads to other risky complications in old age.
Though it is most common women after menopause, it also happens in men above age of 65 years and in those with certain risk factors like liver or kidney disease, thyroid or parathyroid disorders, and certain tumours. Smoking has been proven to cause osteoporosis. Long term steroid intake given for various conditions and medications given for seizure disorders also can cause osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis can be detected easily by a screening test called the DEXA scan. Any one above the age of 50 years should consult an orthopaedic surgeon to know if they are at risk of osteoporosis and whether he/she needs a DEXA scan. If the DEXA scan reveals that you have osteoporosis, you must be evaluated by an orthopaedic surgeon and an endocrinologist to look for other treatable conditions that can cause osteoporosis. There are medications that are prescribed to strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of fractures in future. Diet rich in calcium and vitamin D and supplementary calcium and vitamin D medications are also an essential part of treatment.
Although the vertebral osteoporotic fractures commonly heal in a few weeks with bed rest and medications, some of them may not heal in time or cause severe pain and disability. These patients might need surgical intervention. Vertebroplasty is a procedure that involves injection of bone cement into the broken vertebra and can give immediate pain relief. Kyphoplasty is a similar procedure that can restore the height of the fractured vertebral body and reduce the forward stoop in the spine. Open surgery might be required sometimes if the collapsed vertebra causes a compression of the spinal cord or nerves in the spine. Osteoporotic hip fractures and wrist fractures often need surgical treatment for fixation.
Prevention of osteoporosis should begin in childhood. Growing bones accumulate calcium and the calcium in bones reaches a peak at around age of 26 to 30 years. After that age, there is a slow decline in the bone calcium, which accelerates in old age especially in women after menopause. So those who reach a lower peak of calcium in bones by the age of 30 are at a higher risk of developing osteoporosis in old age. This means that adequate intake of dietary calcium, vitamin D and adequate exercise from young age is very important to prevent osteoporosis.
Prevention of falls and resultant fractures in those who are osteoporotic is an important aspect of treatment. This needs modification of their living spaces to remove the risks of a slip and fall. Routine exercises and an active lifestyle load the bones and make them stronger and it is a must for all those with osteoporosis and those at risk of developing osteoporosis.
I am a 23 year old female. Me and my partner both are virgins. I just wanted to know whether it is safe to use flavored condoms for the first time? If not, then which condom and contraception should we choose to avoid unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and other side effects?
I have gained 10 kgs weight in 2-3 months due to irregularity in periods. What is the best way to lose weight now
Hello Doctor, My age is 32 l am having some problems in conceiving My Amh level is low 0.30 I have been asked to go for Ivf with donor egg. Today is my 3rd day of menses and I am having menstrual cramps in my lower abdomen and pain in left side of low abdomen and having fever also 101 degree. My cycle has started from 5th day I am asked to take tablet ovral g one tablet for 20 days and then asked to come on 13th June for some injection. I will visit general physician today for fever and cramps. The medicine he will gve Will not clash with my Ivf cycle. Is there any precaution I need to take. Any diet changes Pls reply. Thanks.
I am having thyroid but it's under control and I am pcos too. But I am not periods at regular intervals what can I do.
Coming to know the secret way to happiness and that too from the world's happiest man does make your day special indeed. According to the findings of a group of scientists, Matthieu Richard has been proclaimed as the world's happiest man. This person has shared the simple ways of living a happy life. The key to happiness is now at your disposal.
- Acknowledging the good things is absolutely vital: Thanking can go a long way in deciding how happy you are at heart. It is absolutely vital as it helps you to be conscious of your humility. It also helps you to feel grateful for things that could have been otherwise but fortunately aren't. When you thank a person, you let feelings of contentment take hold of you. Peace can be synonymous to happiness at times.
- Acceptance from oneself should be cherished more: There is no end to aspiring for higher goals and similarly no end to competing with ones who are seemingly better off. At the end of the day, this leads to lack of calm and confidence. It creates a lot of turmoil within your mind. A person can better his or her chances of advancement by accepting his/her qualities and limitations all the same. You cannot expect acceptance from strangers unless you wholeheartedly accept yourself.
- Developing resilience is of utmost importance: Being resilient is one characteristic that can make you sail through thick or thin. Giving up in dire times of need is a bad way to anticipate happiness of any kind. One needs to be resilient in times of stress and believe in positivity. There should be faith in the fact that 'hurdles are meant to pass'. An attitude such as this helps you deal happily with life and you're never too insecure with your share of happiness.
- Exercising is a must: People who exercise regularly have been reported with lesser amount of depression related problems in comparison to the ones who barely move an inch. The human body can be made to experience the benefits of the happy hormone "serotonin" through diligent exercising.
- Keep away from the company of depressive people: The kind of people you hang around with can have a great impression on your general disposition. Listening to depressing stuff tends to discourage you. To be happy, you must avoid the company of gloomy people.
You can get rid of your chapped lips by using various natural remedies which are readily available at anyone's home. A number of reasons can make skin and lips dry. The dryness and cracks that are caused to the lips may be painful and cause bleeding too. There are many remedies which are suggested such as the application of lip balm or moisturiser. But, these descriptions are not enough to fight chapped lips.
Here are a few unique and proven remedies that can produce significant results when it comes to solving the problem of chapped lips.
- Curing chapped lips using oils: Almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil and olive oil can be used to cure chapped lips
- Almond oil: This oil is a natural moisturiser with vitamins in it. This oil is very gentle in nature and helps in preventing damage to the lips making them soft and supple. It is a good idea to heat up the oil before application. Warming it up will increase the rate of absorption, thus providing desired results.
- Castor oil: Castor oil has numerous medicinal benefits, one of which is the treatment of chapped lips. Use castor oil on the lips followed by petroleum jelly and you can get rid of dry lips in a few days.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has Omega-3 fatty acids, which help a great deal in the treatment of dry lips. Not only to the lips, this can also be used in other parts of the body where dry skin is evident.
- Coconut oil: Application of coconut oil for lips and other dry parts in the night can cure the dryness as it has antimicrobial properties that help in retention of moisture.
- Curing chapped lips using fruits and vegetables
- Cucumber: Cucumber has water content of up to 90 percent approximately. Placing cucumber slices on chapped lips for 10 to 15 minutes, for several times can cure chapped lips.
- Avocado: Rich in antioxidants, this natural remedy provides the required vitamins that produce elastin as well as collagen to cure dry lips. It can also be used as an anti-ageing remedy.
- Other natural remedies to cure chapped lips
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has both antifungal and antiseptic properties. This can be used to repair chapped lips as it helps in the rejuvenation of the dry skin.
- Rose petals: Chapped lips can not only be treated using rose petals, but it also makes the lips smooth and soft. Soak a few rose petals in milk for some time and make a paste of it. Apply it on the lips for curing dryness and bleeding.
- Milk cream: Rich in fat, milk cream is one of the best moisturisers. Apply milk cream for ten minutes and rinse. This treatment can cure chapped lips in a few days.
- Ghee: Application of ghee is also another way to keep dry lips moisturised. Apply multiple times, till the dryness vanishes.
The above are a few natural remedies to get rid of chapped lips and also dry skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello Doctor ,I am in my 8 month of pregnancy can you please let me know what are the symptoms of labour pain.
Hi I missed my period on 22nd may n had a pregnancy test on 26th n 27th its positive n had appointment with doctor n had a scan but nothing is there in scan. N my right ovary size increased n I had lower abdominal pain so wats this am I pregnant or not. If yes then y nothing is there pls guide me way to do.
Meri shadi 2 year hogaye magar mujhe baby nahi hota maine dawa bhi start ki usse bhi nhi ho rha hai.
Dr. Kya ovary cyst ke Sath pregnancy ki treatment b ho skta h ya cyst pura khatam hone ke bd hi concieve ho ga. Meri report h .both ovary are bulky. Right ovary volume .15 cc. 20 to 22 small follicle .left ovary 11 cc .12 to 14 small follicle. Bilateral polycystic Ovaries seen. Kitna wakt l began treatment me mai kb concieve kr paungi.
Hi doctor I have one month old baby boy and am gaining weight constantly tummy is becoming fat. There is no menstrual discharge also. Kindly suggest me some solution.
Why You Should Walk, Not Run, Your Way To Fat Loss
1. When you do any intense cardiovascular exercise like running, you burn calories from both muscle and fat. The body cannot pick which calories to burn, and thus by running you actually decrease your muscle mass which eventually makes you more metabolically inefficient.
2. The production of a stress hormone called cortisol increases after doing too much cardiovascular exercise, which leads to bigger food cravings since your body wants to compensate for all those burned calories. So you end up consuming more calories than you have previously burned.
**Too much cardio exercising makes you leptin-resistant, which has the same hormonal effect as sleep deprivation. This prevents your body from telling you when it?s full. You get very hungry quickly and due to the high amounts of cortisol you eventually develop insulin resistance and back to gaining weight.
**Cardiovascular exercises can have a negative impact on thyroid function. The thyroid produces a hormone called T4, and in order to have a properly functioning metabolism, it is then is converted to T3. But, the thyroid is unable to produce T4 if you are creating too much cortisol in your body. You end up with a dysfunctional metabolism, loss of energy and inability to burn fat.
3. Running is considered high impact and the further you run, the more impact. If you are overweight this can cause havoc on your joints and knees.
Summary: Running can cause hormonal imbalances, reduction of muscle mass, less efficient metabolism, which can lead to more weight, and if you are overweight, it can have a negative impact on your knees.
Walking on the other hand can be much more balanced and a healthier alternative, even though the amount of calorie burning effects are not as high as running. You decrease the amounts of cortisol with walking, which is much better in the long-term. Walking makes you more sensitive to insulin, enabling better calorie burn from other exercises and it doesn?t create unmanageable hunger and cravings. It also produces dopamine and serotonin at reasonably high levels which make you feel happier and motivated in your overall health and wellness.
So, start walking as much as possible! At least three days a week take 30 minutes to walk, and increase this gradually. Choose walking instead of running, especially if you are over 40 and not accustomed to an exercise regimen. If you want a tone and firm body, do some weekly resistance training exercises for 20 or 30 minutes. Combine these tips with a great diet and you won?t have to run ever again.
Dr. Varinder Singh Chandhok
We are married for 4 years now, We have not been able to have sex, She is not having the feeling of having sex, she is not at all interested on having sex. When I tried to make her in mood she is not responding and she gets irritated and get angry and then I completely get disappointed and leave it. She is having the fear of the vaginal opening the pain she is not at all ready to have sex bcoz of that. She get angry and start behaving very wild. So I have tried to apply the gel also she she is not having the feeling to respond to the same. Due to which I am totally disturb and not at all happy with my married life. I would like you to help or advise me in this situation how should I react and also I want her to have get her behaviour change and she should enjoy to have sex with no fear in her mind. Also I would like to how can open her vaginal opening without having her pain bcoz of that she is getting and behaving wild and I am able to have a enjoyable sex. I stay in pune. Or suggest a lady doctor (sexologist or gynecologist) can openly speak to her and try to remove her fear. So I can have my happy married and sex life.
I couldnt take contraceptive within 72 hrs and its 5th day now. Is there any other way to not get pregnancy? I am taking ashokarishta by now. Is there any other fruit or natural food to not get pregnant.
अवसाद मनोदशा की एक आम लेकिन गंभीर अव्यवस्था है। यह सिर्फ उदास होने की भावना से ज्यादा है। कभी-कभार उदास महसूस करना स्वाभाविक है, लेकिन अगर यह उदास मूड दिन बाद दिन बना रहता है तो यह अवसाद का संकेत हो सकता है। प्रमुख अवसाद अन्य लक्षणों के साथ उदासी या उदासीनता का एक एपिसोड है, जो कम से कम लगातार दो सप्ताह तक रहता है और दैनिक गतिविधियों को बाधित करने के लिए काफी गंभीर है।
यह गंभीर लक्षणों का कारण बनता है जो आप को सोचना, सोचते हैं, और दैनिक क्रियाकलापों को संभालते हैं, जैसे सोने, भोजन या काम करना। वास्तव में, एक अवसाद से पीड़ित व्यक्तिशायद ऐसा भी महसूस कर सकता है जैसे कि उसकी ज़िंदगी अब और जीने योग्य नहीं है।
अवसाद हल्का, मध्यम या गंभीर हो सकता है। कुछ विशिष्ट प्रकार के अवसाद भी हैं, जो अद्वितीय परिस्थितियों में विकसित होते हैं, जैसे:
- लगातार अवसादग्रस्तता विकार
- मौसमी उत्तेजित विकार (मनस्ताप)
- जन्मजात अवसाद
- मनोवैज्ञानिक अवसाद
- प्रसवोत्तर अवसाद (पी.एन.डी)
अवसाद के लक्षण
अवसाद के लक्षणों में शामिल हैं:
- उदासी, आंसूपन, शून्यता या निराशा की भावनाएं
- गुस्सा, चिड़चिड़ापन या हताशा, यहां तक कि छोटे मामलों पर भी
- ज्यादातर या सभी सामान्य गतिविधियों में रुचि या खुशी की हानि, जैसे सेक्स, शौक या खेल
- नींद की गड़बड़ी, अनिद्रा या बहुत अधिक सोने सहित
- थकान और ऊर्जा की कमी, जिसकी वजह से छोटे कार्यों के लिए भी अतिरिक्त प्रयास की आवश्यकता पड़ती है
- भूख में बदलाव
- चिंता, व्याकुलता या बेचैनी
- नाकाबिल होने या दोषी होने की भावनाएं
- सोचने, ध्यान केंद्रित करने, निर्णय लेने और चीजों को याद रखने में समस्या
- आत्महत्या के अक्सर या आवर्तक विचार, और आत्महत्या के प्रयास
- अस्पष्टीकृत शारीरिक समस्याएं, जैसे पीठ दर्द या सिर दर्द
- अवसाद के कारण
1. बचपन के अनुभव:
बचपन में मुश्किल अनुभवों से गुज़रना या आघात, बाद में जीवन में अवसाद का कारण बन सकता है। जैसे कि:
- शारीरिक, यौन या भावनात्मक शोषण
- किसी करीबी की हानि
- दर्दनाक घटनाएं
- अस्थिर पारिवारिक स्थिति
2. जीवन की घटनाएं:
- अपनी नौकरी खोना, बेरोजगारी
- किसी संबंध का टूटना
- जीवन में प्रमुख बदलाव, जैसे कि नौकरी बदलना, घर में स्थानांतरण या शादी करना
- शारीरिक रूप से या यौन उत्पीड़न किया जा रहा है
- धमकाया या दुर्व्यवहार किया जा रहा है
- शारीरिक, यौन या भावनात्मक शोषण
3. मानसिक स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं:
मानसिक स्थितियों और समस्याओं जैसे चिंता, पी.टी.एस.डी आदि से भी अवसाद ट्रिगर हो सकता है। यदि आप एक और मानसिक स्वास्थ्य समस्या का अनुभव करते हैं, तो यह भी अवसाद का अनुभव करने के लिए सामान्य है।
4. शारीरिक समस्याएं:
खराब स्वास्थ्य आपके अवसाद के विकास के जोखिम को बढ़ा सकता है। कई स्वास्थ्य समस्याओं का प्रबंधन करना काफी मुश्किल हो सकता है, और आपकी मनोदशा को प्रभावित कर सकता है। पुरानी स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं, जीवन-धमकाने वाली बीमारियां, स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं जो आपकी जीवन शैली में काफी बदलाव करती हैं, आदि अवसाद पैदा कर सकती हैं।
- कुछ शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं भी अवसाद पैदा कर सकती हैं:
- मस्तिष्क और तंत्रिका तंत्र को प्रभावित करने वाली स्थितियां
- हार्मोन संबंधी समस्याएं, खासकर थाइरोइड और पैराथाइडर समस्याओं
- मासिक धर्म चक्र या रजोनिवृत्ति से संबंधित लक्षण
- कम रक्त शर्करा
- नींद की समस्याएं
अनुसंधान ने दिखाया है कि अगर आपके करीबी परिवार के सदस्य को अवसाद हैं, तो आपके अवसाद अनुभव करने की अधिक संभावना है।
6. दवा, ड्रग्स और अल्कोहल:
- अवसाद कई अलग-अलग दवाइयों का एक साइड इफेक्ट हो सकते है। शराब और ड्रग्स भी अवसाद पैदा कर सकती हैं।
- हालांकि आप शुरू में अपने आप को बेहतर महसूस कराने, या अपने आप को विचलित करने के लिए उनका उपयोग करते हैं, लेकिन अंततः वे आप को और भी बदतर महसूस करा सकते हैं।
7. नींद, आहार और व्यायाम:
एक गरीब आहार, व्यायाम और पर्याप्त नींद की कमी भी आपके मनोदशा को प्रभावित कर सकती है। इस प्रकार वे आपको अवसाद के प्रति अधिक संवेदनशील बना सकते हैं।