Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi VyasYour feedback matters!
I am having fibroid inside and outside of my utres. Because of that I have not yet conceived. Can some one suggest me to removal method and cost for that fibroid? Inside the utres is 4.7 * 3.6 cms Outside is 7 * 6.4 cms.
COPD, short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is an inflammatory disease of the lungs. The disease obstructs the flow of air in the lungs and subsequently causes difficulty in breathing. Prolonged exposure to cigarette smoke, gases or particulate matter can lead to this condition. The condition transcends all age brackets meaning it can affect anyone from young teenagers to aged adults. People who contract this disease are at an increased likelihood of developing cardiovascular conditions and lung diseases, in addition to a horde of other conditions.
Causes of COPD
1. The chief cause of COPD is smoking tobacco and being subjected to fumes from cooking and heating. A study estimated that in and around 25% of long-standing smokers develop symptoms of this condition. Yet, statistics show that COPD is often misdiagnosed until an elaborate evaluation is diagnosed.
2. Conditions like Emphysema and chronic bronchitis are also known to cause the disease. Your lungs depend on the intrinsic elasticity of the air sacs and bronchial tubes that help facilitate the passage of air through the lungs. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease causes these passages to lose their elasticity thus rendering them partially ineffective.
Symptoms of COPD
The symptoms of COPD do not appear until the lungs are significantly damaged and the condition tends to deteriorate if smoking persists. Apart from coughing and production of sputum, other apparent symptoms include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stiffness and tightness of chest
- A persistent cough
- Fatigue and weakness
- Weight loss
- Frequent allergic reactions of the respiratory glands
Along with the aforementioned symptoms, patients who are diagnosed with COPD are likely to experience bouts of exacerbation, during which their symptoms heighten and tend to grow worse for several days.
Although anyone can contract the condition, certain people are at an increased risk of condition. Such risk factors include:
- Chronic smoking
- A medical history of asthma
- Exposure to chemicals and dusts
- Weakening of the immune system with increasing age
If you experience or entertain symptoms or suspicions of this disease, consulting a pulmonologist is duly advised.
Hello doctor I have 8 month 15 days pregnancy. And I am suffering with body swelling. I have whole body swelling like hands, face but My legs has more swelled than other body parts. I do not know how it will less.
I hav osteoporosis. Dr. advice me to take bone soup for faster recovery . But m a vegetarian n cnt tolerate d smell of non veg . please kindly suggest me list of foods n means of calcium sources please n advice me on diz condition of osteoporosis n hav pcod but wen I was 16 osteoporosis was detected by rheumatologist later at 25 years now pcod was detected. My one more doubt is is it bcuz of pcod I hav this condition is osteoporosis and am obese too 90 kg 155 cm.
Good afternoon l'm trying to get pregnant since 4 years. I have pcos so have to undergo laparoscopy last year. Every month we try but not successful went to many doctors .Please advice me
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
I am 7th month pregnancy doc said my baby development is less what can I do to increase my baby weight & baby became healthy ?
I am married. I want to pregnant my wife and I tried since last 2 months but she is not getting pregnant. What's the problem?
Sir, are sexually transmitted diseases caused or transmitted? And if oral sex is practised between two healthy partners then is there something to worry about STD'S?
Will a bartholin cyst causes infertility. Will it infect uterus tube. I had undergone bartholin gland removal on may am trying for pregnancy for past 4 months but I didn't get. Is it any way related to my past medical history.
After undergoing piles surgery my weight is increasing n size of tummy are also increasing, m also having hypothyroid n irregular periods, please help how to get periods regularly n reduce my weight n tummy.
Hi, I didn't get periods dis month actually my date is on August 28th till now I didn't get periods I consulted a gyneic she advised me to take Deviry 10 mg tablets she told dat after using dis you will get periods is dis safe to use?
Hello mam,I have stopped getting periods for the last 4 years i.e, from the age of 38 years,now i have a problem of facial hair growth on my chin which is becoming more prominent,What best do you advise as I do not want to go for HRT.
Hi From past 8 months I have periods problem my periods is irregular it will come 60 day once it's use be delay for week but from 8 moths I am facing this problem please help me with any home made treatment or further treatment and kindly let me know the reason for this problem Thanks Rohini.
Delivering a baby is a painful, but also a pleasurable moment for the mother. But if the delivery is done through a C-section surgery or what is more commonly termed as Caesarean delivery, the pain is not felt during the actual delivery since the woman in under anaesthesia. However, the real challenge is to recover from the operation. The first week is particularly critical. Here are some things you can do to manage it with less discomfort:
- The first few hours, naturally, you will be under close observation till you fully regain conscience if it was a general anaesthesia. If only the lower portion was numbed for the surgery, then also the feelings in the legs etc. will return within a few hours.
- You will start breastfeeding you baby; wear comfortable clothes so that you can feed the baby without any discomfort. If this is the first experience, learn things that you need to know through books or from friends and relatives who would have had a C-section earlier.
- You may feel more comfortable in a recliner than a flat bed. Most hospitals should be able to provide you one.
- You might be better off with a heater pad of your own, since your back may be aching considerably and bringing down the pain is essential.
- Wearing a binder around your tummy is another suggestion given by many women who have had a C-section delivery; besides helping with easing the pain, it also prevents the tummy from bulging, which you would want to avoid.
- Follow the obstetrician’s advice on having a shower and also on resuming some of your physical activities without hurting the stitches or the sutures.
- By Day 3, you should be able to resume eating your normal diet; in many cases, it could be earlier than that.
- Do take care to avoid lifting anything heavy. The heaviest object you can lift is your baby. Make your husband or any other person to help you through this period to avoid any complications later.
- How about medicines? If you are already on any kind of medication and if you had stopped any of them due to the surgical procedure, check with the doctor and resume taking the medicines.
- Keep a close watch on the food you eat, particularly since you will also be nursing your baby. Don’t hesitate to consult the doctor on things you may be fond of, but have to avoid in order to protect the kid from being affected in any way.
Pregnancy and delivery are some of the happiest moments in any mother’s life; so remain cheerful throughout and enjoy the moments. If the delivery has been done through C-section, some of these extra precautions are to be observed to make it easy for yourself to recover fast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.