Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi VyasYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 20 years old. I regularly have my periods but I bleed very little during periods. I have a chronic pain in my lower abdomen and back. Please help me.
Dr. abortion me goli kitni effective hoti h is se koi side effective to ni h na kyu k mujhe 12 Din Ki pregnancy h Pls answer hindi me djiye.
Myelopathy refers to any neurological deficit pertaining to the spinal cord. The three most common types of myelopathy are Cervical myelopathy, Lumbar myelopathy and Thoracic myelopathy. Here are the causes and symptoms of myelopathy.
- Injury: This is a very common cause of myelopathy. Any type of accident or even a traumatic event can cause myelopathy and perhaps even paralysis.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition in which the spinal cord narrows and is one of the leading causes of myelopathy.
- Degenerative disc disorders: As you get older, disc disorders are more likely to occur, as well as other conditions which affect the spinal column, such as osteoporosis, etc.
- Tumor: It is a little known fact that tumors very often do cause myelopathy.
- Multiple sclerosis: There are many other diseases, which may cause myelopathy and multiple sclerosis is one of them.
There are many indications that you are suffering from myelopathy and should consult a medical expert. Here are some of them:
- Change in coordination: It refers to the state, wherein, all of a sudden you may find it harder to move certain limbs the way you want to. Sometimes, it may affect your whole body as well.
- Sudden muscle weakness: It is highly likely, that if you have myelopathy then you will experience sudden weakness in your muscles.
- Decreased hand-eye coordination: This is perhaps the biggest indicator of myelopathy since hand-eye coordination is directly linked to your spinal cord and brain and if they are not functioning properly then hand-eye coordination will be affected.
These are just some of the symptoms of myelopathy, however, the doctor cannot diagnose myelopathy until he conduct certain tests. These tests include MRI scans and other tests as well as a regular physical check-up along with a check of your medical history.
I am 23 years male n my partner is 19 yrs. please tell us in simple language. Which days as per menstrual cycle are best days fr having sex and with no chances of getting pregnant. Is unwanted 72 tab useful to avoid unwanted pregnancy if taken immediately after unprotected sex?
PCOS or poly cystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder that is very common among women, in their reproductive age. It is the condition in which cysts are formed in the ovary of the affected woman and/or the levels of the male hormone called androgen increases in her body. As a result of these, she faces a variety of symptoms like late or no periods, heavy menstrual bleeding, the growth of facial hair, unintended weight gain, acne and pain in the pelvic region.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Lower inflammation levels: The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate poly cystic ovaries, thereby, producing more androgens.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion: Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor: If you have a family history of PCOS, it's highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I'm asking this question on behalf of my wife and child. Our baby is three months old and she is facing a nipple confusion due to which my wife is facing a low BM. We had our daughter on July. It was a c-section delivery. After tat our daughter was admitted in NICO for 5 days due to bilirubin. He's health became complicated and she lost weight. My wife was breastfeeding her but prid was not gaining much weight. So our pediatrician advised us to get her to bottle milk. (Similac advanced stage 1). Pls advice. What can be done to make sure our baby is breastfeeding again and is it possible to increase the BM. Cause she is really stressed and worried about the baby's health.
Plz provide any medicine for unprotected sex which has occurred 25 days before for prevention of pregnancy?
Hello, its been two and half month I took abortion pill. During starting I bleed and I kno its normal thing. But after two and half weeks I am still bleeding. Main thing is that I am not only bleeding but I am getting very big size clot too. So, I want to know that is it normal or what? I am scare after seeing such big clots.
I recently got little to excited with my girlfriend and happen to cross the limit we didn't had a penetrative sex but I happen to rub my penis over her vagina before that I had cummed and we happen to wipe it then did this act. Is there any chance she will get pregnant? If yes what do we do?
I am 3 days late t my period. And m getting slight pain at lower abdomen, legs r lightly paining and also slight white discharge. What may b d reason? M I pregnant? I took 1 pregnancy test day before yesterday it was negative. M not getting what is happening please suggest me something.
Dear sir /ma'am, me an my wife trying for a baby. She had her last period on 24. So please tell us what's the best ovulation time.
She was involved in an unprotected sex with a single guy for 3 years. Now they have broken up. Can she go ahead and marry a other guy and ensure no risk?
Okay actually I. Was having sex on 1 may twice. On this month I have sex many times, now I periods have not came. It supposed to come on 21 like that. At night I feel dizzy type.
My follicle not rupture, I am trying last two year, my age 33, but not get pregnant what should I do. My another reports are normal.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.
My name is dalia . And I am not getting my periods properly from last two months and I am not pregnant I have checked it . Periods are happening but not the way they are supposed to be blood flow which a girl is supposed to get at these times , blood is still coming but vert little of it.
I am suffering pain in right testicle from 1 year. In starting period I consulted with doc and he advised me to do USG and result was negative. Again I have consulted with doc and he advised same and USG report are showing mild hydrocele in right testicle. Doctor has advised me to go for surgery. But I would want to go for it. Could it cure by medicine or any other way? I always feel little pain and burning sensation in right testicle. I would be great if I will get right suggestion from great Doctor panel. Thanks in advance.
Tips for coping with morning sickness:-
Most mums-to-be suffer from nausea early on in their pregnancy. The main cause is thought to be the pregnancy hormones that your body produces in the first trimester. Other possible causes are a stronger sense of smell and excess stomach acids. Tiredness and stress can make nausea worse.
Morning sickness can last from a few weeks to a few months. And it can affect you at any time of the day, not just in the morning. Most women find that they stop feeling nauseous by the end of the third month, or soon after. You might find yourself making some strange food choices during this time, but don't worry. As long as you are keeping something down, you can catch up on healthy eating later.