Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi RaniYour feedback matters!
Instead of getting package investigations done at labs which advertise for them, where each package will only contain a fraction of investigations you'll be actually needing, visit your doctor, get a thorough check up from them and then do the investigations they have advised!
सोते समय स्वप्न में यौन क्रीड़ा संबंधी दृश्य देखने पर जननेन्द्रिय में उत्तेजना आती है और शुक्राशय में एकत्रित हुआ शुक्र निकल जाता है, इसे स्वप्नदोष (नाइट फाल) होना कहते हैं, स्वप्नदोष होने का यह भी एक कारण होता है।
हमेशा दिमाग को अच्छे कामों और विचारों में उलझाए रखें।
कब्ज से बचने के लिए अपच से बचें। ये दोनों उपाय करते रहें तो बिना दवा सेवन किए भी स्वप्नदोष होना सदा के लिए बंद हो जाएगा, यह तो हुआ बगैर दवा का इलाज। इस प्रकार की व्याधि के लिए आयुर्वेदिक तरीके से इलाज का तरीका यहाँ दिया जा रहा है-
(1) पालक के पत्ते लगभग 250 ग्राम पानी से खूब धोकर सिल पर बिना पानी के पीस लें। एक मोटे साफ धुले हुए कपड़े को पानी में भिगोकर खूब अच्छी तरह निचोड़ लें, ताकि कपड़े में पानी न रहे। अब इसमें पिसी हुई पालक रखकर कपड़े को दबा-दबाकर पालक का रस एक कप में टपकाएँ। सुबह खाली पेट यह रस, दन्त मंजन करने के बाद पी लें और आधा घंटे तक कुछ खाएँ-पिएँ नहीं। यह प्रयोग रोजाना 6-7 दिन तक करने से स्वप्नदोष होना बंद हो जाता है। यह एक आयुर्वेदिक परीक्षित नुस्खा है।
(2) नीम गिलोय के अंगुलभर आकार के तीन टुकड़े और तीन काली मिर्च सिल पर रखकर कूट-पीसकर खूब बारीक कर लें। इसे सुबह खाली पेट पानी के साथ पिएं। जब स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाए, तब इसका सेवन करना बंद कर दें।
(3) आँवले का चूर्ण और भिंडी की जड़ का चूर्ण समान मात्रा में लेकर मिला लें और खूब बारीक पीस लें। अब इनके बराबर वजन में पिसी हुई मिश्री मिला लें। यह चूर्ण 1-1 चम्मच सुबह खाली पेट और रात को सोने से पहले, खाना खाने के 1-2 घंटे बाद पानी के साथ 40 दिन तक लेने से स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाता है।
Hi doctors, I want to conceive and I am 30 years. Doctors suggested me fo29 tablet if I am trying to concieve. Will it be safe to take with thyronorm 25. I have thyroid problem as well. Thyroid in morning and fo29 in dinner time? is it ok to take both of them?
Hi doc, I just suffered from typhoid. I m on medication and recovery. Can I go for ivf this month? if no, then how much time should I wait? your early reply will be most appreciable. Thanks.
Hi, I am 22 years old. Before 2 years ago I had sex with my boy friend during that time I got pregnant 2 times and I take pills to abode it due to those pills I suffered with lot of pain an d so much bleeding due to which I losesweith ,hair fall and nad bad health condition. After this I am worried now that is there is any problem to conceive again with me because now i'm very week and become thin and not gaining weight also and my menses are very short for just 2 to 3 days only. I want to recover my self again for good health and better mind. please suggest me best. I have undergone for a medical test of feritin level that is just 19 only according to reports.
I had a bigger breasts few year before and now its going smaller n smaller day by day. I do not know whats the problem. Please tell how can I bring back my breasts like before and what is the reason its becoming smaller?
Chest congestion becomes common with a change of season. And it’s advisable to go for home remedies. Medicines might have side effects too but home remedies not only provide quick relief but are safe too. But you need to make a little effort for that.
Try these home remedies for a quick relief:
1. Gargle: Gargling is an easiest home remedy for chest congestion. It’s done by putting little salt or turmeric in a glass of warm water. It should be done twice or thrice a day.
2. Steam: Taking steam before sleep instantly eases chest congestion. Plain boiling water is good but one can put a pinch of turmeric too as it’s a great healer.
3. Ginger and honey: It’s advisable to boil pieces of ginger in water and then seep them and drink the water by mixing honey in it. Take it 2-3 times in a day for quicker relief.
4. Onion juice: Onion juice also helps in cleaning chest congestion. Mix honey, lemon juice with onion juice in a glass of warm water and drink it 3-4 times a day.
5. Bay leaves: Taking fresh bay leaves provides great relief at the time of chest congestion. Boil bay leaves in water for about 2-3 minutes and take it 2-3 times a day.
6. Black coffee: Taking 2-3 cups of black coffee also helps in cleaning chest congestion because of presence of caffeine in it.
7. Foods to avoid: During chest congestion, one should avoid taking sugar, dairy products and fried food as all these increase mucus production.
8. Garlic and Lime juice: Take a glass of warm water and add lime juice and garlic paste along with a pinch of salt. Gulp it down to get instant relief.
9. Milk with turmeric and black pepper powder: Take a glass of hot milk, add 2 teaspoons of honey, half teaspoon turmeric with a pinch of black pepper powder and drink it for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
The inflammation of the lower part of uterus in the reproductive system is called Cervicitis. This lower part of uterus eventually leads into the vagina in the female reproductive system in humans is called the cervix uteri or in simple words, cervix.
Causes: Inflammation in the cervix is caused due to irritation, infection or injury to the cells, which align the cervix. Any one of a number of infections, mainly sexually transmitted diseases can cause cervicitis, of which the most common are chlamydia , mycoplasma , ureaplasma and gonorrhea. Chlamydia accounts for almost 40% of the total cases. Less common causes of cervicitis are Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis) and Genital herpes. Other than STDs, causes for Cervicitis include allergies, bacterial imbalance, injury or irritation resulting from pessaries, tampons, hormonal imbalance and even cancer or its treatment (radiation therapy).
Symptoms: Some cases of cervicitis in women can be symptomless. However, in most cases, symptoms are present, and they include:
- Persistence of gray or white vaginal discharge that may or may not smell
- Vaginal bleeding under certain conditions eg. in between periods or after sex
- Pain during intercourse
- Difficulty or pain during urination
- In rare cases, fever or pain in the abdomen
Treatment: Cervicitis has no typical form of treatment. Treatment may not be needed in cases where the cause is not a sexually transmitted infection. On suspicion of an infection, the main objectives of the treatment are the removal of the infection and obstructing its spread to the fallopian tubes and uterus, or in case of pregnancy, to the baby.
The medical prescription issued by your doctor would depend on the organism, which is causing the infection. It may include Antibiotics, Antifungal medications or Antiviral medications. Cryosurgery, a process, which freezes the abnormal cells in the cervix using freezing temperatures, may also be performed by your doctor. In severe cases, where there is damage to the cervical cells, your doctor can apply silver nitrate (destroys abnormal cells).
Your doctor may also recommend your partner to take the treatment, so as to prevent recurrence of the disease and to avoid intercourse as long as the treatment is in process. Treatment is mandatory if you are tested to be HIV positive. Moreover, having cervicitis makes you more prone to receive the virus from a HIV positive partner.
During sex! I mean while I sex with my partner, a transparent fluid (cum) came out from his vagina. After few minutes during sex, my partner shout (make some sex noise) and then the fluid came. I wanna know that is it a disease or its harmful? Please reply its for my sex partner (female).
While many of us wish we could stay under the shower all day in the summers, winters and lazy Sundays find many of us making excuses to skip a shower. However, having a shower not only keeps you clean, it also plays an important part in keeping you healthy and fit. According to Ayurveda, a morning shower is an essential part of the daily routine and is considered as a therapeutic activity. Here are a few reasons you should never skip a morning shower.
- It calms your muscles: A shower reduces tension in your muscles and can help relax sore muscles. It also helps increase flexibility and muscle elasticity. If you’ve slept awkwardly and woken up with a stiff neck, a shower can help ease the stress and make you more comfortable. Thus, a simple shower could save you a trip to the physiotherapist.
- Showers boost circulation: Showering with warm water increases blood circulation and ensures that even cells in your extremities receive nutrition. Increased blood circulation also reduces pressure on your heart and protects you against a number of cardio vascular ailments.
- It boosts the immune system: The core function of taking a shower is to clean the body. This reduces the number of bacteria and fungal cells that can infect you. A cold shower also stimulates the vascular and lymph system and promotes the production of white blood cells that fight infections. Showering also helps eliminate toxins that are released along with sweat.
- Elevates the mood: If you’re feeling blue, a shower may be what you need. Having a cold water shower activates the nervous system and increases the amounts of chemicals such as beta endorphins and noradrenaline in the blood. These chemicals help fight depression and elevate the mood. Additionally, a cold water shower also sends electrical impulses that have an anti-depressive effect from the brain.
- Improves lung functionality: When you put your head under water, you are forced to breathe differently. Showering makes you take a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. This action opens up your lungs and increases your oxygen intake.
- It makes you more sociable: It’s simple; when you bathe, you smell good. This makes people want to be around you and boosts your confidence. You’re also less worried about your hair looking oily or your shoulders being dusted with dandruff when you’ve taken a shower and hence can focus your attention on conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Take vinegar and water mixture after having the intercourse douche rhe vagina with the vinegar mixture as soon as the acidic water comes in contact with the vaginal mucus it increases the ph level of the vagina and kills the male sperm. It also makes the vaginal environment favourable for the female sperm. Is it true? Plzz suggest me.
I have heavy bleeding. I get my periods irregularly. I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Can you please suggest an answer that helps me recover.
"Our business is to get out of business"
The old comfortable baroque sofa is out. In are the new modern or contemporary chairs. The hanging intricate chandeliers are replaced with sleek standing lamps. Not a wooden carved table, but a glass table with transparency is at the center of design in healing. The pen and paper has changed hands from the therapist to the client. The therapist no more plays the role of a god but a fallible human being in the therapy. A lot has changed in last 50 years. Except for the perception of psychologist or a psychotherapist. They are no more I listen to everything like a soundboard. A psychologist now expresses, collaborate, question and also interrupt. Let's look at some new things that happen behind those sound proof glass doors today.
1) Make you, your own therapist
"Teach man fishing, and you feed him for life"
Clients ask" will this resolve all my problems? or will therapy work" frankly, therapies don't work. You have to make them work. You have to put energy and effort for it to work. It's like entropy. The new job of a psychologist or a psychotherapist is not only to get you out of your issues and current problems. The task now extends also to prepare you if another similar problem arises. There are no throw away solutions, now they get dicovered with guidence. Therapy now is making a new therapist. As padesky puts it" our goal as therapists is to teach our clients a process of evaluating their goals, thoughts, behaviors, and moods so that they can learn methods for improving their lives for many years to come. Yes, many years to come. So next time look for a teaching therapist. The one who teaches you to fish.
2) New therapy doesn't end in 45 minutes.
"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action"
You will be out of the therapist's office in an hour, but the rest of the time you carry therapy with you. The new therapy is complimented with an action plan. You have to work on some things that might be thoughts, feelings, people or some action. You do exercises, work on worksheets or become your own therapist for the rest of the week. This is more like a homework, but fun and interesting. A good action plan will make you contemplate a little bit, but also courageous enough to do it. Working on your action plan is a new way to get out of your cluttered thoughts and manage feelings. You achieve goals and come with new goals to achieve more next time.
3) New therapist doesn't buy everything you say.
"Interruption causes learning"
The new therapist is not on a shopping spree with her bag to buy everything you say. She/ he is direct, has a certain kind of empathic compassion not sympathetic understanding. She interrupts skillfully. A modern day stoic socrates to be precise. Concretises abstractions and abstracts the rigid. Makes you measure your own judgments and thinking. The new therapist not only listen and take notes. She questions. Thinking is driven by questions. They rather makes you think and write about it. They experiment inside and outside of the session. They collaborate with you and support to reach the goal of the session as well as therapy. Bottom line, they stop the cycle that keeps you there. They interrupt your old process that's giving you old results.
These are only some process that happens in the new therapy. Every therapist has customized his her own style, language and stance. You might be grasped with a disorder, or short term distress. Mostly you have reached a point by developing yourself and need to go higher. It's no more difficult to get a therapist, she/ he might just be available in your own office. They may be in that building around the corner or a click away on your phone app. This cycle of distress can be stopped with a minor effort. Stop it. And give yourself a chance.
Your love keeps us motivated to write more informative articles. If you like this article please show your love by a like
I am 24yr old female. I have completed 5th month pregnacy. I want to ask that can I eat dry fruits during pregnancy. Please tell is it safe to it or not? and how much countity. And it is safe to eat kaju and pista?
I am 25 years old married and have a son. And I am not able to reduce my post pregnancy weight. My weight is around 92 kg n my height is 5.4feet.
I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Is that necessary to take progesterone soft gelatin capsule- naturogest 200 mg tablet everyday? Y it is been given. I took already 18 tablets. Shall I continue or drop it. Taking naturogest tab every morning after breakfast. Hair fall started after taking it.
Hi doctor, is taking soy milk prior to ivf increases success rate? I have read mixed reviews. please help. I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Which are other food items that are going to help me?
I am 24 year old female. I have pcos. I am 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. I am getting burning like sensation while having sex with my husband. We didn't had sex since 15 days but today when we had sex I am getting burning like sensation in my vagina.Please tell.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.