Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi RaniYour feedback matters!
I am having backache for some months post pregnancy. Also from last few days since my periods started, I am feeling numbness in my fingers. I am a nursing mother and have delivered 6 months back. Please suggest if this is normal weakness or should I get some tests done.
Female Orgasmic Disorder
Persistent or recurrent delay in, or absence of, orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase . It was formerly known as inhibited female orgasm. Some researchers called it Female Orgasmic Dysfunction.
Strong negative signals from psychosocial system result in female orgasmic disorder . In our culture, the female has been forbidden to accept herself as a sexual being. Girls as they grow up, deny their sexual feelings in order to conform to society's image of 'good' behavior. Later, as a woman, she resists the experience of orgasmic response. Anxiety and guilt feeling due to religious orthodoxy can cause this dysfunction . The idea that it is woman's duty to satisfy her husbands makes her inhibit her own sexual response. A woman may have an orgasm with masturbation by stimulating her clitoris, with partner's manipulation or with oral-genital stimulation, but not during intercourse. Similarly, a woman may be orgasmic during intercourse, but not with other kinds of stimulation.
The organic causes for this dysfunction are multiple sclerosis, spinal cord trauma or tumor, nutritional deficiencies, diabetic.
Neuropathy and severe arteriosclerosis . Chronic illnesses impair orgasmic responsiveness by affecting libido and generalHealth.
The treatment is based upon the information indicating woman's attitude towards sex, the degree of her open-mindedness and her physical responsiveness. The first goal is to help the couple to stop behaving toward each other in hostile or in negative ways so that they can create an erotic aura in their relationship. They are provided information about sex to counter myth and misunderstandings that stand in the way of woman's response to sexual stimuli.
The couple is given instruction to practice 'Sensate Focus' exercise for 3 days. On the next 3 days, after the couple has experienced feelings of closeness and intimacy in pleasuring each other, they proceed to genital play.
My gf, nipple started paining from past 1 week but its not a sharp pain. Its only when she touches the nipple and the pain is very little otherwise no pain. She is of 18 years and she is telling me that she is completely ok and she also told me that she is feeling like her breast or nipples are growing in size that why they are paining? Is it normal pain. I mean I am very much worried and she is my everything. So please tell me is everything normal?
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese. Increases risks of contracting heart diseases consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake. Weakens immune system: sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely. Sugar can make you age faster: the sugar content in your body creates molecules known as ages (advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely. Sugar can be addictive: most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult me.
Dr. Kapil Dev Gupta
Ramashram Homoeo Care
Hi my period was on 23 Feb 2015 but till I'm not getting my period I have two kids.Worried about it. What can I do now please suggest?
It is the plant which belongs to nightshade family and is mostly found in North and South America. The dried leaves of this plant are smoked in cigars, pipes and in cigarettes. The leaves are also chewed by many people across the world or inhaled through the nose. It contains a special type of addictive chemical known by the name of Nicotine. Because of this chemical, most of the people find it difficult to leave this product. This plant due to the chemical Nicotine is not good for the health and consumers face many ill effects after consuming this product.
Tobacco is not good for the body as the leaves affect many body organs namely
- It makes your skin dry and yellow
- It causes wrinkles on your face
- Shows dullness on your skin at a very young age
- Bones and muscles
- Flow of blood and oxygen is slow in the body
- You feel tired and lazy all the time
- It will not help in the development of muscles
- Makes you inactive and you will avoid doing work.
- It increases the blood pressure and heart rate which are further responsible for causing heart attacks or other heart problems
- The heart has to work harder in such cases where people are going for workouts or exercises.
These are not the only bad effects of consuming tobacco. There are many more to it.
All the above points describe the bad effects of consuming tobacco on a person’s health. In case you are not able to leave the habit of consuming tobacco, you must consult a medical practitioner immediately. Your health should always be your first preference in life. Live a healthy life for your own sake.
From last a month I have seen many abnormal changes in my body. My weight is increasing and pain during periods and hairs are increasing on my cheek both side. What can I do.
2. Took balanced diet.
3. Avoid fast foods.
4. Increase liquid intake.
5. Eat seasonal products.
6. Check personal cleaniness.
On the last day of period she had sex. After ,period again comes for two days .she had taken unwanted 72 after 43 hours of sex but no period or blood comes.
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.