Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi NathanYour feedback matters!
What is puberty?
Puberty is the phase in life when the body of the child matures to become an adult. This change is mainly influenced by the developing reproductive system and it makes them capable of sexual reproduction. It a progressive change and happens over a span of few years. Girls start to develop breasts and might start menstruating whereas boys notice changes in body hair growth pattern with their voices beginning to crack.
The average age for a girl to attain puberty is found to be 11, whereas in boys, it is longer and the average age is somewhere around 12. Puberty also marks the onset of emotional maturity in kids as well.
Sometimes puberty can be seen at a very young age such as 7 or 8; this is called precocious puberty. This can make it physically and mentally taxing for a child and can be a sign of health issues.
What causes puberty?
The stimulation of the hypothalamus in the brain leads to the production of a hormone called Human Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) which signal the Pituitary Gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This is responsible for sexual development.
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in girls:
The telltale signs of puberty in girls are:
- Development of breasts
- Growth of hair in areas such as armpits and genitals
- A growth spurt, i.e., rapid growth in height
- Start of menstruation or her periods
- Increase in body fat in certain areas of the body
- Development of acne
- “Mature” body odour
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in boys:
The usual signs of puberty in boys are:
- Enlargement of the testicles or penis
- Pubic, underarm, or facial hair development
- Rapid height growth — a growth "spurt"
- Deepening of voice
- "Mature" body odor
- Increase in hair growth in other parts of the body such as the arms and legs
Along with these signs and symptoms, other signs can be changes in mood. Boys and girls may develop sexual urges wherein you will notice an unexplained attraction to the opposite sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Which of the baby delivery is best. A normal delivery or a surgical delivery. Coz my frnd suggested me that by surgical delivery she has to face pain for a long time period and there would be big scars of stitches on her stomach. So please tell me about it.
I am 23 years old. I am having hormonal imbalance. Doctor has prescribed me normoz tablet twice daily for 6 months. I started having it from 18th march 2016 and I have got my period early after having it and its not been a month and I got my period again. Is it fine or not? Is the medicine good.
Vaginal bleeding since 6 months. Bleeding medium to heavy. Initially there were no cramps, doctor suggested texid tablet, and then primolut N, but after completing the course for both, bleeding still has not stopped, and has intensified instead, with heavy cramping. Stomach aches too much. Kindly help. I have finished the 21 day dose of primolut 2 days back and since then, the bleeding had intensified a lot along with constant stomach cramps.
I had unprotected sex day before. And post thatbi started taking freewil for past two days. My last periods was on 9th of this month I have pcos too I got ipill 21 days and overall today. Should I take them instead of freewil? Or jus continue the tablet. Is there risk of pregnancy?
I had sex on 26 early morning and took ipill on 26 afternoon. It is one week from that I did not get any bleed. Is there chance for pregnancy?
Not getting regular periods. Having more stress. Intaking tablets. And planning to take ovarian syrup and ferikind suspension tonics. Is there any harm of taking those tonics? What have to do for getting regular periods?
I am thirteen weeks pregnant now. I am suffering with diabetes. Pre pregnancy diabetes. I am taking insulin actrapid 30 units three times before d meals and glycomet500 mg after breakfast and dinner. Still my sugars are not under complete control. I am following diet also. Can you suggest the ways to control sugar levels? Will diabetes cause any harm to my baby. Tell me about complications. FBS between 83 to 98 Pp between 90 to 170. It is raising and coming down. Why?is there any danger to both of us. Thank you.
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.