Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preethi Madre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi MadreYour feedback matters!
I have eat meprate tablet for 2 days but I have not got period so what I do and after eat it in which days I have periods.
I am 39 female ,having thyroid and depression. Conceived once after tat no conception.My tubes are normal but eggs are less. Can i conceive?
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a severe and more dangerous form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome describes symptoms a woman may have a few days before her menstrual cycle. The most common ones include tender breasts, bloating, cramps, mood swings, and headaches. The symptoms of PMDD are similar to those of PMS but are severe enough to interfere with your routine work, social activities, and relationships.
What causes PMDD?
The exact cause behind this medical condition is unknown but most doctors and researchers believe that the disease is caused due to the bodily changes that you undergo due to the rapidly changing hormones in your body.
What are the most common symptoms associated with it?
The symptoms of PMDD show a very close resemblance to the symptoms of PMS, and they are mostly the same but differ in terms of intensity and severity. The most common symptoms of the condition include the following:
- Mood swings
- Depression or feelings of hopelessness
- Unnecessary anger resulting in increased interpersonal conflicts
- Tension and anxiety
- Decreased interest in everyday activities
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Change in dietary patterns
- Sleep problems
- Physical problems such as bloating, breast tenderness, swelling, headaches, joint or muscle pain
How can PMDD be treated?
A host of effective and efficient treatments are available for the treatment of PMDD. However, this condition is diagnosed by a doctor only when the symptoms of the disorder are identified. The common measures to treat the PMDD disease are as follows:
- Good nutrition
Related Tip: 6 Reasons To Avoid Aerated Drinks During Your PMS