Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
I had first time sex with my girl friend, after that she stated getting blooding from last 11 days, we have done unprotected sex on 5th March & she took unwanted 72 after 48 hours for safer side, but still blood is coming, is this normal? How to stop it?
we blessed a baby girl on November 26th, 2013 in CMC hospital Vellore. After delivery the same day night I got affected with rheumatology and from there onwards am continuously taking medicines. Fol -5, Zempred and HCQS tablets. Today I have confirmed am conceiving by doing Pregtest. Kindly suggest can I continue my pregnancy or not. If continuing by taking the above medicines is that will affect the baby growth? Kindly help me in this.
What is the meaning of tpha positive Treponema pallidum haemagglutination ? Please explain in hindi. My husband is tpha positive. And tell treatment also.
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?
Dear sir, Will pain and bleeding will continue every time or it will be normalised after one cycle? What will be her cycle time ,on normal date or took some days later to carry?
Mera tsh test me result 4.32 ml hai. Mera urin test bhi nomal hai or blood test v normal hai. Uterus ka size v normal hai. Bs right ovary 12 cc or left ovary 11 cc or small cysts hai. Mera blood group B+ hai. Or height 5 ft 2 inch hai or weight 58 kg hai Kya mai pregnant ho sakti hu. Or cysts khatam ho sakta hai kya. Mai avi tretment k taur pe ovral l 21. Period ko regular karne k liye. Pehtab d tab. Fynal oz. M2 tone syp. Le rahi hu taqi .2 se 3 mahine baad prehnancy k liye try karu.
I'm 30 years old male. How to increase sex drive. I'm loosing interest in sex. I regularly take cold shower.
1. It strengthens you heart.
2. It lowers chronic disease risk
3. It certainly keeps your weight in check.
4. It can help prevent Dementia
5. It tones your legs, bum and tum
6. It boosts your Vitamin D level
7. It increases your energy levels
8. It also prevents Osteoporosis
9. It makes you happy and emotionally balanced.
10. It keeps your digesion sound.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Iam24 years old and I am 8 months pregnant, I am suffering from leg swelling and leg pain please suggest any precaution for reduction of leg swelling and pain?
Hi doctor. My wife has last menstrual date on 16-12-2016. Till today she doesn't got period. I have checked today in hospital and the result is positive. Now she is 1 month 10 days pregnant. Can I have sex with her everyday or else I have to stop.
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
My wife is 30 years old and she has big fibroids in her uterus. We have married only 4 month. Has there any possibility for her pregnancy?
My friend wife removed her uterus because of fibroid almost one year past but her wife dont get sex feeling when doing sex. How to bring back her sex feeling. Pls help my friend.
Hi I've my regular periods date on 28every month, I had sex on 7th and taken ipill within an hour not I've got my periods on 14th approx 15 days earlier which last for 3 days as my normal periods does. We've used condom but changed in between just fro precautionary. During that the if something can happen. kindly please help me what is this. Is this normal. Or there is some serious issue. When can I go for pregnancy test.
I am 31, having pcod and am trying to conceive & I got my last periods on 29th March & so I did Upt at home which was negative and even further after one day did blood test in which my hcg beta subunit is below 1.2,so want to know what does this mean? Am I pregnant or not?
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.