Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 27 years old and of 52 kgs weight and had missed period. I had tested for pregnancy through test kit which resulted in negative. But I am feeling of my stomach bloating and feeling so full even I eat little quantity and having little problem in breathing now. What can be the reason and did get my periods. Can you suggest me what to do.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods or no periods (for that matter) can cause is something that every woman is aware of. It is normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but is a concern if this absence persists over long period of time. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of other possibilities as well. They also should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn upset menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in menstrual irregularities since enough estrogen is not created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and have infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that the body weight is regulated.
Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your menstrual cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases. Their elevated levels may impair functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
3. Excessive Physical Exercise:
While regular workout is advisable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce less estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhoea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
4. Breast Feeding:
Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant.
5. Food Allergies:
Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly affect hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands. That’s why; they can influence sex hormone production. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.
I do sex with my girlfriend on 4 may and my girlfriend date is 16 of every month while sex I didn't ejaculate in her vagina also she was not in periods but she takes pregnancy test and found pregnant. But how is this possible when I not ejaculate how she get pregnant.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
Her period always delay (7 to 10 days) last 4 year. Recently she married me. The past month she is delay above one month from the actually date. The running month she is already be delay 12 days. Now she take a tonic evecare. What I do get me an idea.
Hi, I having a pcod disease since 3 year I have 2 child 5 YR but I'm planning for 2nd baby Lmp is 2nd July but in august not coming yet pls suggest me for planning for pregnancy. I'm also loose wait around 76 kg Regards.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.