Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I missed my period 9 days back, today I have verified the home pregnancy but it is -ve. Shall I wait for couple of days or better to consult with the doctor.
Candidiasis or yeast Infection of the female reproductive organ is a condition caused from the fungus known as ‘Candida’. A vaginal yeast infection is accompanied by severe itching, swelling or irritation in your vaginal region.
Yeast is present in your vagina in a small proportion as part of the normal vaginal flora, an imbalance of which results in vaginal Yeast Infection. Frequent in its nature, these infections can be quite bothering due to the symptoms that such as persistent burning sensation in your genital area, excess vaginal discharge, painful sex, rashes followed by soreness around your vagina.
What are the causes of Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- Antibiotics lowering good bacteria or ‘lactobacillus’ within your vagina
- Unchecked and untreated diabetes
- A Fragile immune System
- Uncontrolled eating habits, like consuming a lot of sugary food
- Menstrual imbalance
- Inadequate or no sleep
How to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection?
Treatment of the infection varies with the severity of the condition. For simple infections
- One to three days of anti-fungal medications in the form of cream or ointment, for instance, Terazol, Lotrimin, Gynazle and Monistat.
- One dosage of an oral medicine known as Fluconazole
For complicated Infections
There are particular types of Candida that does not respond to the normal treatment and hence requires a more aggressive approach. If you meet any one of the following criteria like uncontrolled diabetes, weak immune system due to HIV positive or medicinal side-effects, you are pregnant, excess build-up of the candida fungus, the infections recur more than four times a year or you are down with severe itching, swelling, redness, tears or sores in your vaginal area, your case is severe and complex.
Possible treatments in this situation can be:
- A 14-day tablet course, cream or ointment for vaginal treatment.
- 2 to 3 dosages or a long term usage of anti-fungal medication or Fluconazole (not suggested for pregnant women).
- Cure of your sexual partner who may be transmitting it to you (although these are rare) or use of condoms during intercourse.