Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
Hi doc I am married female trying to conceive from one year no problem was diagnosed during follicular study hsg sperm count all are normal but I have white discharge from 10 the day of my cycle till next period date can it affect my conception please help or suggest me any treatment or tablets so that I can get pregnant in next month.
Period k kitne din phle aur kitne din bad tk sex krne se pregnency ka risk rehta h.kya jab female m.c. Se ho to us time sex krne se v pregnet ho skti h.
Hi doctor, I m 22 years old girl, I have leukorrhea for past 6 years. Now its color turned yellow often comes along with blood. It is very thick and sometimes it is off white in color. I have strong stomach ache on periods. Now I feel burning sensation in my stomach and also itching on the vaginal area. I'm too skinny. I feel shy to see mirror. Is it curable completely and can I gain my health back. Thanks.
The woman is at risk if:
Her father or brother below age 55 or her mother or sister below age 65 have had a heart attack, stroke, angioplasty or bypass surgery.
She is over 55 years old. (After age 65, the death rate increases sharply for women)
She smokes or is exposed to second-hand smoke every day.
Her blood pressure is over 135/85 mm Hg. Optimal blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Drug therapy is indicated when blood pressure is >140/90 mm Hg, or an even lower blood pressure in the setting of chronic kidney disease or diabetes (> 130/90 mm Hg).
She does not exercise for at least 30 minutes that includes moderate?intensity physical activity, like taking a brisk walk, on most days. For weight control, women need to exercise for 60?90 minutes with moderate?intensity activity on most days.
She has diabetes. After age 45, diabetes affects many more women than men. If diabetic, aim to achieve glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) level less than 7%.
Her HDL (High Density Lipoprotein or "good" cholesterol) is less than 50mg/dL.
LDL goals are dependent upon risk. The following levels of lipids and lipoproteins in women should be encouraged through lifestyle approaches: LDL?C <100mg/dL; HDL?C >50mg/dL; triglycerides <150mg/dL and non?HDL?C (total cholesterol minus HDL cholesterol) <130 mg/dL. If a woman is at high risk or has hypercholesterolemia, intake of saturated fat should be <7% and cholesterol intake <200 mg/d. For diabetic women, LDL should be <100. For vascular disease and very high risk women, LDL should be<70. HDL of 60 mg/dL is considered cardioprotective. One can raise HDL by taking in 2?3 tbsps of olive oil daily, quitting smoking, getting regular aerobic exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
She is overweight by 20 pounds or more (More than one?third of women are more than 20 pounds overweight.)
Either natural or through surgery, early menopause, before the age of 40 is associated with increased risk for cardiovascular disease.
Taking birth control pills greatly increases risk of heart attack and stroke, especially after age 35.
She has a high demand/low control job with sustained high levels of stress. Stress is a normal part of life.
A healthy diet consists of eating fruits, vegetables and whole grain high?fiber foods (aim for 5 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of whole fruit daily); eating fish, especially oily fish, at least twice a week; limiting saturated fat to < 10% of energy, and if possible to <7%, cholesterol to <300 mg/dL. Limiting alcohol intake to no more than 1 drink per day; limiting sodium intake to <2.3 g/d (approximately 1 tsp salt) and avoiding all trans?fatty acids
Pregnant and lactating women should avoid eating fish potentially high in methylmercury.
Having at least three of a cluster of symptoms that are listed below put her at risk:
High blood sugar >100 mg/dL after fasting
High triglycerides, at least 150 mg/dL
Low HDL (<50 mg/dL in women)
Blood pressure of 130/85 or higher
Waist >35 inches (Waist measurement of 35 inches or more or waist?to?hip ratio greater than 0.80 is a predictor of high triglycerides and low HDL levels).
How to get periods immediately as it is delayed 5 days from previous date? Earlier it was normal but this time it is delayed 5-6days. Is it normal or not?
Sex toys are a wonderful tool to spice up your love life and bring variety into the bedroom. The trend of using these toys is on their way up as more and more people are using them. However, there are certain things you should be mindful of while using them or if you are planning to start using them.
Some of the things you need to look out for are mentioned here.
- Determine how porous a toy is: This is a very important factor while choosing a toy as this will determine how its usage in the long run affects your health. The porosity determines two things about the toy:
- How absorbent the material is
- What material it is made out of
This is very important as extremely porous toys will encourage the accumulation of bacteria, which might fester in them and may increase the chance of infections in the long run. Material is also important as certain materials can be very harmful to your health when used in the long run.
- The material or chemical composition of the toy: This is one of the most important things you need to look out for. Even before buying a toy, it is advisable to look for the chemical composition of the toy, if possible. It would be better to look at its packaging to determine the materials. Some toys are known to contain phthalates or chemical plasticizers which are classified as carcinogenic and are commonly found in cheap sex toys.
- Using condoms with your toys: Most toys are supposed to be used with condoms as cleaning them and keeping them microbe free is much easier this way. Using condoms with your sex toys minimizes your chance of bacterial infection through the bacteria already deposited on the toy.
- Choose higher quality products from known manufacturers: The sex toy industry is not regulated by medical bodies in most places across the world and thus, smaller manufacturers may cut corners on their products and use materials that will be harmful to your health. Thus, it is advisable to stick with better known manufacturers who are trusted by customers and are known to make only the best quality products, even if they are pricier. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have irregular periods for polysistic Ovary. Hair fall and overweight problem as well as. How to get over?
Hello sir, I am asking about my wife, she is suffering by uncontrolled periods, uncontrolled flow of blood regularly for 7to 8 days. Coz of it she gonna bodyweakness, feels body fully broken, how can solve this long time irregular periods problem.
Is it safe to take flexon tab, neurobion forte tab and pantodac tab while breastfeeding? Please suggest.
I'm a 16 year old boy and I've noticed that my right breast has enlarged and when I press it some colorless sticky liquid is released. Should I be worried and consult doctor. P. S. It pains when I press it but not usually.
You've probably read about kegel exercises a million times before. Perhaps you even clench and release your pelvic floor muscles each time you come across an article like this one. But if you haven't made them a daily habit yet, and aren't sure whether or not you need to--here's some help.
1. They can keep incontinence at bay
As you grow older, your pelvic floor muscles--responsible for giving you control over your bladder and bowels--get weaker. Which means every time you sneeze or laugh or cough on a full bladder, chances are a little urine will leak out. Doing kegel exercises can strengthen these muscles, and make sure you are always in control.
2. They can help your body cope with childbirth
Pregnancy can wreak havoc on your body--especially the pelvic floor muscles, making incontinence a reality much before age catches up. Moreover, many women also complain of lessened sexual arousal after childbirth. Enter: kegels. Practice them before and after you give birth to keep incontinence at bay and well. Enjoy sex much like before.
3. They can give you stronger orgasms
Did you know: kegels can help you get a better grip on your partner's member during intercourse? they can also help you achieve coveted multiple orgasmsm, and tone those much-needed vaginal muscles.
How do I know I am doing them right?
Clenching is not the problem; finding the right muscle to clench, however, is.
So, begin by identifying the muscles in question. The next time you're on the pot, try to stop urinating mid-way. Those muscles that helped you do just that are the ones to work on. (keep in mind that kegels should be done on an empty bladder, and that stopping the urine flow too often can lead to urinary tract infections.)
Now, lie on your back on the floor, knees bent--legs hip-width apart--and flex the muscles for 3 to 5 second, and release them for 3 to 5 seconds. Do 3 reps of 10 seconds each day. Once you're comfortable and confident, you can practice the kegel exercise while sitting at your desk or standing in the metro train.
So what are you waiting for? let the kegels begin!
I am 25 years old. I and my husband did sex at the 4th day of my period. We did 10 times among 3 days. Then after two days of last intercourse I got vaginal bleeding. What is this? We have did protected sex. Is thus normal? My vagina was bleeding yet. I used 4 pad. From last 3 days my vagina is bleeding. I am so much tensed. please help me doctor. What is going on?
Hi, I had sex last night with sexworker and found my condom is broken. I am worried if any infection her. Please let me know what should I do?
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?