Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
A girl suffering from a discharge of slimy water from her nipples so what would be the reason n which hormone has been increased, she is unmarried and age of 19, and what are the reason?
Hi, After having unprotected sex I took ipill within 32 hours. I got my first periods after it on 3 August (earlier period was on 4th july). But this months periods are delayed. How long I need to wait or Do I need to do any test?
Follow these 6 changes to your lifestyle to feel better and live healthier-
1) King’s Breakfast: Most people don't feel like eating much at breakfast, esp. the late nighters. However, ignoring or skipping breakfast sets a bad rhythm for the rest of your day and weakens your immune system. Having breakfast is a must and the ideal breakfast is one which is low in carbs and has a good portion of protein. For people short on time, a seasonal fruit with raw nuts and a little yogurt can be a good option.
2) Water Intake: Drinking inadequate water causes dehydration inside and can lead to a number of issues. Most common issues are headaches, dry skin, impaired sleep, joint problems, poor concentration as well as digestive disorders. Best way to address this problem is to keep water handy wherever you are. Try to drink about two litres of water each day. More, if its hot or after workouts.
3) Sleep Well: Sleep time is rejuvenation for your body. If you don't get enough sleep, you will deprive your body the time to recover and tackle whatever the next day has to offer. Try to be in bed earlier and get atleast 7 hours of sleep.
4) Physical Training: A good mix of aerobic as well as resistance training is quite important for your health. You feel more energetic and productive when you physically work out. Folks who exercise regularly are generally happier than those who are inactive.
5) Stress Releasing: Stress is a major factor in inducing various forms of illnesses. Stress must not accumulate. Try to give yourself some time every week to do things that you enjoy – it can be reading or meditating or enjoying the outdoors.
6) No Self Medication: Often one wrong medicine causes much more harm than any medicine at the right time, does good. Try to avoid popping pills without doctor’s recommendation. Many side effects or reactions to an existing medication or condition can lead to uncalled for problems and complications later. Don’t rely on sources like chemist or a relative to guide you, they might not look at the right details due to lack of knowledge. Say no to self medication.
Have any further questions? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Drinking water with honey and lemon causes any heat intern it will effect petting pregnancy? My wife wants to drink please suggest me.
I had unprotected Sex four days ago and the day after I had stomach cramps and an uneasy feeling and its been continuous as well as vaginal cramps, acid reflux, and occasional breast pain. Im 17 and obese and I have not had my period for four months before this. What is going on?
I am 27 yr old I have a problem of irregular periods I have taken a premolt and before ten days for getting periods still I don' t have periods can I take some another tablets in this month.
I have breast pain in my both breast before 10 days periods after periods I have pain in my left breast for 10 days.
My is 75 kg I am physical strong but I want slim beach body Daily doing 30 min power yoga eating roti 3 n sabji rice n fruits yogurt drinking how much time it take to loose weight Exactly please reply me very nice ans.
I'm 23 years old unmarried, suffering from heavy bleeding in period Dr. suggested for usg and usg report is endometrial thickening 1.07 cm and small echo free area is detected at a central part of uterus with 0.6 cm of cystic lesion. Myometrium homogenous.
Saturday she finished her periods and I had sex with her in monday night is it safe to avoid pregnancy or what should I do?
Plz Give me the perfect baby days period schedule recycle. My period date is 10 july 2017. Me n my hubby try for baby but still I did not pregnant after regular intercourse. As per doctor advise we test our fertility. My test is normal and my hubby semen test is as sperm count 27/million motility 40 active So what we can do for fast pregnancy.
I'm 22 years. Myslef and boyfriend had heavy petting on jun 8. There was no intercourse. But I have missed my period for two months. And now today I culd find spots, I'm I pregnant, I have Irregular periods.
I am 24F. 4 years back got to know that I am suffering with PCOS and infrequent periods (1 per 3 months). After the course (Mala-D) I am having periods at 45 days. But from few months again my period time increased to 3 months. This time I do not want my body getting habituated for tablets. Please suggest me some food to have regular menses. And can you tell me the reason why the hormones are releasing late. Due to vitamins or any. If vitamins please tell me some food to have the release regularly.
Menopause is one of the most significant transitions in the life of a woman. While it is a natural process, it often entails a lot of discomfort and re-adjustment. A woman’s body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes, it is therefore essential to maintain a healthy sociological and physiological ambience around the woman to minimize the distress that can potentially arise in times like these. During menopausal changes, the body tends to amass a lot of impurities.
Ayurveda recommends specific diet plans and lifestyle decisions to ease out the transition. Ayurvedic methods are aimed at reducing the enormous emotional stress that a woman is likely to endure during these times. Some of the practices that can mitigate the anxiety caused by menopause have been enlisted below:
Balanced Diet: Having the necessary nutrients in the rightful quantity is extremely necessary to soothe the menopause induced agitations and trauma. Ayurveda recommends that you avoid food items that trigger off indigestion problems. Extremely salty and sour foods as well as spicy and oily foods can prove to be detrimental for you during menopause. Dressings and condiments like ketchup and mustard are known to not resonate well with the digestive system when your body is undergoing hormonal changes. Ideally, you must follow an astringent diet. Food items which are sweet and bitter to taste have benefiting properties. Wheat based foods as well as sweetened dairy products are extremely favorable. You may also look at leafy vegetables for purifying the system from within and acting as a rich source of protein. One of the most foremost guidelines to follow during menopause is the increased intake of water.
Lifestyle Choices: To facilitate an easy transition of the bodily systems, you need to advocate certain conscious lifestyle changes as well. It is important to adapt to a healthier way of living so as to avert any physiological consequence of menopause. You need to get sufficient amount of sleep in the course of a day. Sleep rejuvenates and refreshes the body for a healthy mechanism and provides the requisite amount of rest. Hot oil massages can also prove therapeutic during menopause and palliate pains and irritations that are likely to occur in such times. A timely intake of the meals is yet another mandatory routine that you must follow to battle the menopausal discomforts. Finally, Ayurveda recommends regular exercising for leading a happy and healthy life ahead.
Bleeding during twin pregnancy in 18 th week in regular basis but small in quantity, 4-5 times/day, what is the remedy?
One of the most common physically transmitted diseases is chlamydia. Chlamydia is a type of infection caused by the bacteria "Chlamydia trachomatis". The symptoms of Chlamydia are similar to the symptoms of Gonorrhoea (a bacterial sexually transmitted infection). Chlamydia infection causes permanent fallopian tube damage in women, leads to future ectopic pregnancy (the fertilised egg attaches itself outside the uterus) and infertility.
Symptoms of Chlamydia:
Men and women afflicted with chlamydia exhibit different symptoms.
The symptoms of chlamydia in women include:
- Abnormal, sometimes foul-smelling, vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
- Painful periods
- Abdominal pain, accompanied with fever
- Pain during intercourse
- Burning or itching around or in the vagina
- Painful urination
Men usually display the following symptoms if they have chlamydia:
- Minimal amounts of cloudy or clear discharge from the head of the penis
- Painful urination
- Itching and burning around the slit of the penis
- Swollen and painful testicles
Treatment options available:
- Chlamydia is diagnosed by taking a swab from the cervix (in women) or the urethra (in men). These swabs will be sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urine samples can also be taken to check for the appearance of bacteria.
- Since chlamydia is a bacterial infection, it can be easily treated with antibiotics. Oral antibiotics such as azithromycin or doxycycline are commonly prescribed by doctors. Azithromycin is usually prescribed in a large, single dose. The dose may also be stretched out for five days. Doxycycline is taken two times daily for a week.
- With the right antibiotic therapy, the infection will clear up in 1 to 2 weeks approximately. It is very important that you finish the medication course if you wish you heal completely without having to suffer from further bouts of this disorder.
- Women with critical chlamydia may need hospitalisation, pain medicine and IV (intravenous, or directly through the vein) antibiotics. Pregnant women with chlamydia infection can be safely cured with antibiotic such as erythromycin ethylsuccinate, amoxicillin and azithromycin.
Your partner needs testing and treatment as well to avoid further spread and reinfection. It is vital not to engage in any sexual activity while the treatment is ongoing. A further retest should be done three months later to make sure the infection is rectified. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My mom is 48 years old 2 years back she had small lump in her right breast we had operated for that but again after some time she got again lump at same place we had consult her to gynac and surgeon they had suggested for surgery but due to medicines it had gone. But now again iy had release with sever pain n swelling tell me which particular surgeon should I consult.
What are the latest advancements in male contraceptions?
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.