Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PreethiYour feedback matters!
My wife is in her 3rd trimester she has recently started having itching in her hands and palm of her feet. Had medicine called allegra 120. But no effect. What should we do.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What an cause dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
Me and my girlfriend we both have sex at least twice a month and our sex life is going pretty well. But my girlfriend isn't happy with it now a day's she complaints me that . Because of that she gets her periods 2 to 3 or 5 days late every month. Or rarely it happens that she gets it a week late. So can anyone tell me is it normal or is it a thing to worry?
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th week. Can she drink cranberry juice of real juice company as she have wheat allergy. What other things can she have as she is suffering from wheat allergy and thyroid problem.
I was operated for breast abcess last august (2015). As of nw I am nt feeding frm tat right breast but only from left side. My son is 9 month old nw. Lactation is happening in the operated breast but no engorgement. I don express it manually also to empty. Wil it cause any abscess further or any other health conditions.
Had my periods on 2nd of a month and then 2 weeks from then. I got sudden bleeding at an interval of 2-3 days till 21st of that month. And after that on 24rth day of the same month I had sexual intercourse with my partner.in which he pulled out before ejaculating. Is there any chances of pregnancy. When will be my next period if it's cycle length is 35-36 days?
After two days unprotected sex girl got her period. That looked like normal one. Can she still become pregnant?
I had unprotected sex 2 days before ovulation and He cum in me as was warm and I got told that if you had sex 1-2 days before ovulation then you definitely get pregnant as had it in most fertile time so what if my urine pregnancy test say not pregnant when test today as it would of been 10 days after ovulation and it would been done with clear blue pregnancy test and I need it to say positive pregnant as I would be as got told if had sex 2 days before ovulation then be pregnant.
I am 43yrs old female. Meri shadi ko 3 saal ho gaye h. Mera first miscarriage last nov. 2014 me ho gaya tha. Meri right side ki tube blocked h. Periods mera 20 aug. Ko hona tha jo nikal chuka h. Mene aaj ki date tak five times urine test kiya h jo negative aya h. please Mujhe batao ki kya m pregnant hu.
What causes Parkinson’s disease?
Our brain runs on electricity and chemicals. If there is too much or too little of a particular chemical in your brain, it causes a disease. Parkinson’s disease is caused by the reduction of a chemical called “Dopamine” in our brain.Dopamine is produced in the back of our brain, in a part called the “Mid-Brain”. It is then transported forwards and is widely distributed throughout the entire brain. It fires up the movement centers of our brain, and helps them communicate better with one another.
In Parkinson’s disease, the cells in the midbrain producing Dopamine gradually die. No one quite understands why this happens. The net effect is that the movement centers of the brain don’t communicate well with one another, and this produces the various symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
What are the symptoms of Parkinson's?
|1. Shaking of the hands while resting.||Difficulty in thinking|
|2. Stiff & inflexible muscle||Depression, Fatigue|
|3. Bending forward while walking||Pain in one part of the body especially legs or throughout the body|
|4. Difficulty turning around while walking||Ribbling of saliva from the mouth|
|5. Getting stuck in one position while walking||Tingling and restlessness of the legs in the evening or at night|
|6. In later stages, they can fall frequently. They get slow in doing things||Difficulty sleeping at night, Feeling sleepy during the day|
|7. Expressionless Face||Vivid and fearful dreams|
|Violent movements of hands and legs while sleeping|
|Problems controlling your bladder, having to rush to the bathroom|
|Constipation Difficulty in seeing things, especially on waking up|
All patients do not have all of these symptoms. Some patients experience just the shaking of hands; other people experience just the muscle stiffness and so on. Often as people get older, more and more of the dopamine-producing cells are destroyed and patients start developing more symptoms. But it takes years for this to happen and it may not happen in all people. In some patients, Parkinson's disease remains restricted to just a few symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A pessimistic attitude increases the risk for death from heart disease, a new study reports. The researchers followed 2, 267 men and women 52 to 76 years old. At the start of the study participants were presented six statements and asked to rate, on a 0 to 4 scale, how well the statements applied to them. The text was either positive (for example, in uncertain times, I usually expect the best) or negative (if something can go wrong for me, it will). The scientists found that those in the highest one-quarter of scores on pessimism were more than twice as likely to die of heart disease as those in the lowest one-quarter.
your personality traits can make physical health worse, if you're pessimistic and have some health issues, then it's even more important to take care of your physical health.