Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am pcod patient, diagnosed 4 years back and never started exercising compose weight. I was not at all getting periods. Now recently I joined a fitness program and started bleeding, it is been 7 day and still not stopping. May I know whether getting periods after workout started and bleeding like this is normal? No other pain or discomfort. Pls help me understanding better.
I have 2 tumors in my uterus. I can't conceive a child also. I am married for 3 years. So what should I do.
I am not getting interest while doing intercourse with my husband, and not get excite as my husband, so can you suggest me some medicine? Can I use viagra like sexual tablets.
I am 18 years old. I had a unprotected sex with my bf. I am not sure .so many people say that contraceptive pills have side effects. If I take one tab of pill first time is there any side effects or symptoms? please reply.
1. Eat lots of protein in your diet such as dal, soya been, eggs etc
2. Rule out any hormonal reason such as thyroid disorder etc.
3. Drink at least 7 liter water daily
4. Perform cardiovascular exercise such as routine walking, jogging etc.
5. Avoid tension
6. Take at least 7 hrs of sound sleep
I'm trying to conceive from one year and I am not able to conceive. I tried calculating all my ovulation days and fertile days and even made love on those days. And now I'm taking folic acid from one month .I even tried ovulation predictors for last month and result was positive but still didn't conceive and got my periods today.
Hello, I took three pregnancy test, two positive but very faint lines and the third was negative. What should I think or do?
Gud Evng Doctor, I got married 2 years ago. My age 25 and my wife age is 20, but we dint didn't have children yet. I checked my Semen test also, report is Normal. Buy we need children. Pls let me know is there any option. & Pls tell me when we meet each other from period date. Doubt: someone told me that, on period day we can meet each other. Is it correct or not?
I am 26 years old girl. I have irregular periods. I had taken lots of medicines but all are unusefull. What I should do.
Sudden weight loss is extremely common. It is mainly adopted by people who are depressed because of their weight and want to reduce weight rapidly. There can be various reasons why people would want to adopt sudden weight loss techniques. Few of these reasons are obesity, feelings of social neglect, heart diseases and inactivity or lethargy.
Sometimes many people want to reduce weight as soon as possible. They try to lose weight by dieting or by consuming certain medications. This might result in a lot of complications such as:
- If you reduce weight rapidly, it might cause the skin to be left behind and also it will cause the skin to sag. This also creates stretch marks on the surface of your skin from where you intend to lose weight. This might give a very unsightly appearance to your body. So it is better to reduce weight slowly.
- Many people try to starve themselves while dieting to get faster results. This is extremely harmful for your body. It can result in dehydration and sometimes also lead to nausea or fainting.
- Rapid weight loss can also make you lose water from your body. This can be extremely detrimental for your health. It is difficult to burn a lot of calories in a short time instead you might be burning water from your body which is very harmful.
- Sudden weight loss is not a permanent solution. You should be very careful while adopting rapid forms of weight loss exercise or diet, you might lose weight for a limited period, but since your body isn’t trained to adapt to temporary and rapid changes, you might start gaining weight rapidly instead.
- Rapid weight loss can also lead to the formation of gallstones. It can also cause infection because of obstruction in the normal flow of the bile from the gallbladder to the intestine.
- Hair loss can also occur, if you are trying to lose weight rapidly. Protein intake gets reduced when you follow a strict diet plan for rapid weight loss. This can make your hair extremely brittle and dry hence causing it to break.
If you want to reduce weight, it is better to follow a diet chart which does not make you starve and rather balances your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Sir, I'm 28 years old married woman. I have burning pain during penetration while intercourse. Kindly advice.
I miss my period 10 day and I am still virgin its ist time I miss period and I feel head pain and lower stomach pain when I pick heavy thinks please tell me what is this problem?
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
1. Blocked fallopian tubes
2. One blocked and one open fallopian tube
3. Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
2. In vitro Fertilization(IVF)
Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi I am 26 yrs old and married I am having irregular periods and heavy bleeding since sep 2014 I also have taken proper treatment after that. Which was 3 months but after 2 months I am having d same condition just as before.
My wife is pregnancy position but she is very weak. Pain legs and arms and all part of the bodies please help us.
I am 23 years old I am facing heavy bleeding during my periods this time. Normally my periods days ranged from 3to 4 days. This time it's still going on 5th day even. The bleeding is normal as the other days but I am not getting the reason for this.
I've been diagnosed with pcos. I am married for 9 months. Now we're trying to have babies. How complicated is it?
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
What is cradle cap?
Cradle cap (infant seborrheic dermatitis) is scaly patches on a baby's scalp. Cradle cap isn’t serious, but it can cause thick crusting and white or yellow scales. Some babies can also have seborrheic dermatitis in the diaper area, and on the face, neck, and trunk. Cradle cap usually clears up within the first year.
What causes cradle cap?
Which children are at risk for cradle cap?
Babies between the ages of 3 weeks and 12 months are at greater risk of getting cradle cap.
What are the symptoms of cradle cap?
Symptoms can occur a bit differently in each child. They can include dry or greasy scales on the scalp. The scalp may also appear red. It usually does not itch.
How is cradle cap diagnosed?
Cradle cap is usually diagnosed based on a physical exam of your child. The rash involved with cradle cap is unique. It can usually be diagnosed by a physical exam.
How is cradle cap treated?
Treatment will depend on your child’s symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on how severe the condition is.
The problem will go away on its own over time. But most parents prefer treatment because it usually helps reduce or get rid of the problem. Even with treatment, the problem may come back during the baby’s first year of life. Treatment is usually effective in helping symptoms. It may include:
Special shampoo, as prescribed by your child’s healthcare provider
Corticosteroid cream or lotion for a short period of time if the problem is really bad or persistent
What can I do to prevent cradle cap in my child?
Cradle cap is common in young babies and does not point to poor hygiene or lack of care. The following may help prevent the buildup of scales on the scalp:
Use a soft bristled brush to remove the scales from the scalp.
Shampoo baby’s hair often.
Apply baby oil to the scalp after shampooing.
When should I call my child’s healthcare provider?
Most cases of cradle cap can be treated at home. If the problem doesn’t get better, you may ask your healthcare provider to prescribe an appropriate shampoo or cream. If the problem still does not get better with the prescribed medicine, tell your healthcare provider.
Key points about cradle cap
Cradle cap is scaly patches on a baby’s scalp.
Babies between ages 3 weeks and 12 months are at greater risk of getting cradle cap.
The problem will go away over time.
Most cases of cradle cap can be treated at home by using a soft-bristled brush, frequent shampooing, and applying baby oil.