Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preethi DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.
Lemon juice to reduce age spots
The vitamin c present in lemons is a strong antioxidant. Besides, its bleaching action works wonders on age spots and freckles. Just squeeze out the juice from a lemon, apply and leave on your skin for about 15 minutes every day and then rinse with plain water.
For even better results, combine 1 teaspoon of lemon juice with half teaspoon of milk cream and 1 teaspoon of egg white. Mix all these ingredients and apply on the face; after 15 minutes, rinse with cold water.
Lemon juice in combination with honey is also a very effective remedy for ageing skin because honey has a soothing action. Mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey and massage it into your skin. Keep for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
Hello, I am taking i-pill in 2-3 months regularly for 5 time. I just wanted to know about the side effects. I have a little bit of PCO disease also. Please help me.
I am 7 month pregnant and I feel lil cramping or stretching kind of pain not all tym in my lower belly is it normal and my baby is okk na. I feel it lil vibration also in my vagina when the muscles gives a pinching kind of pain .is everything ohkk with it.
With more people frankly discussing about the loss of libido, studies have been conducted to investigate the reasons behind this. Surprisingly, in addition to hormonal and functional causes like genital issues, one common factor that causes loss of libido in both men and women is lifestyle changes. In addition to improper food habits and loss of exercise, loss of sleep is one of the most common causes of reduced sex drive.
Listed below are some reasons how sleep affects your sex drive:
- Lowers testosterone levels: Optimal amounts of testosterone in the body are required for having a good sex drive. Sleeplessness reduces the amount of testosterone produced in the body, thereby directly affecting the person's libido. A week with only 5 hours of sleep daily can reduce testosterone levels by 15%, which is equivalent to approximately 10 to 15 years of ageing.
- Vaginal lubrication: Studies have shown women who sleep regularly are wetter and have less pain during sex. Painful sex in turn reduces the sex drive in women.
- Erectile dysfunction: Improper sleep habits also reduces the quality of erection, thereby leaving you dissatisfied. Patients with sleep apnea who breathe irregularly with pauses in between were identified to have erectile dysfunction. The correlation gets stronger when the erectile dysfunction and sleep apnea improved drastically with regular sleep habits.
- Sleep induced depression: Sleeplessness leads to depression and general fatigue, and the last thing one wants to indulge in when depressed and tired is to have a sex.
- Impaired cognitive function: In addition to depression, deprived sleep also leaves you with overall reduced cognitive function, which leads to a vicious cycle of not reacting to your partner's instincts, etc. If you are not able to decipher whether or not the other person is interested, then the frequency and more importantly the quality of sex is reduced. This again sends out wrong signals to the partner, who will also not make the first move. And that again leads to a gradual decline of your sex life.
- Reduces love: Ever wondered why good sex is followed by a sound sleep and leaves you feeling fresh. There are strong chemical reasons to it sex induces hormones like prolactin which helps you relax and feel rested; it also produces the cuddle hormone oxytocin which increases the goodness feeling; it also reduces cortisol which is the stress hormone. All these increase feelings of belonging and love between the partners, which are affected by lack of sleep.
So, if you and your partner have been have been wondering how to rekindle your love life, think of getting a good night's sleep and sex will happen on its own.
I am a thyroid patient and i am also dealing with pcos and irregular cycle please recommend me what to do as I am getting difficult to conceive.
Got intimate with bf on 21 may got normal periods on 27 may. Urine tests thrice on 8 june all negative. What should I do more to confirm? Can I preg? I want to avoid please help.
Hello doctor. I am 9th month pregnant. Last conception date is 6 dec 2015 It. Is my ultrasound report. It had done on 18 July 16 can you tell me about the condition of my baby n when will my baby born? BPD - 80. 1 MM AC - 300 MM FL -63. 1 MM placenta localisation - Anterior amniotic fluid -mild more EFW -22008 G gestational age - 32 weeks 6 days EDD- 6-9-16. When will I feel my baby is delivery position?
My bf had precum on his hand and then wiped his hand on a cloth slightly and fingered me after 5mins (on 28th march). I took an ipill after 4hrs and I had my period on 11th april which was heavy for 2 days amd very very light the next 3days. I took a hcg test on 18th april which was negative. Again I tested on 8th may and it was negative. It is 15th may and I haven't got my period yet. Could I be pregnant? if not then why is my period late?
I am 25 years. First pregnancy. I am now 37 weeks + 5 days pregnant. My scheduled c section is on 14th Nov, 5 days later. C section was an elective choice I made. My latest ultrasound done on 37 weeks shows dat baby weight is 2821+-200 gms. Growth is 11 percentile. Also fetal somatic size showed 36 weeks. I am very worried about the maturity and weight of the baby. Pls advice. Pls. How much weight can I xpect at birth. I was under tremendous stress during my entire pregnancy due to my in laws.
Hi. Can any one suggest me to avoid pregnancy what are the different and safe option one can use apart from condom.
Suffering from extreme fatigue, heavy head. 21 day onwards of infection. Herpes detected Elisa on 21 day negative 12 days of weakness.PLease tell.
Papayas are popular all over the world and for good reason. The tropical fruit is loaded with nutrients such as vitamins a, c, and k, as well as niacin, magnesium, potassium, protein, carotene, and natural fiber. Every part of a papaya tree, from the fruit to the leaves, contains some medicinal properties.
In addition to the fruit pulp, the seeds of this fruit are also edible but they have a pungent, peppery taste. They are rich in phenolic and flavonoid compounds, protein, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Papaya seeds are also high in fat and should be consumed in moderation.
They help detoxify the liver and exhibit strong antioxidant, anthelmintic and antibacterial effects. You can scoop out the papaya seeds from the fruit and rinse away the gelatinous substance in which they are encased. Eat the seeds as they are or add them to salads, smoothies and other dishes.
Precaution: pregnant women and people with latex allergy or papain allergy should also avoid eating papaya or its seeds.
- helps in controlling side effects of diabetes.
- corrects digestion
- controls blood pressure
- improve eye sight
- prevent unwanted greying and falling of hairs
- makes body slim and healthy
- increases hemoglobin percentage in blood
- helps in purification of blood
-food supplements before and after delivery
Stay healthy n happy.