Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pravina Ushakant Shah
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. Pravina Ushakant ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I have migraine. I take 4-6 disprin in a week. 2 disprin per headache. People's says its bad for lever. What should I do?
I am 19 years old. I was suffering from right side nervous disorder until my birth. How can I prevent from this at home without medicines?
I am 57 years old, male, having mixed Depression-Anxiety and Schizophrenia since 1987. I have taken innumerous drugs for the above ailments, but right now, I am taking a) Venlor XR 150 mg 1-0-0 B) Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 for depression-anxiety. A) Sizodon plus 0-0-1 B) Sizopin 25 mg 0-0-1 for Schizophrenia and Lithosun 300 mg 0-0-1 as a mood stabilizer. There is relief. But of late (say, since a month), I have a problem. There is numbness in a part of my left wrist (near the thumb area) and it is spreading upwards. What is the problem? Is it due to the drugs I am taking or a neurological one? Please confirm.
Im a migraine patient from 4years im taking treatment but mujhe ek puchna hai jab bhi main ghahri neend main sota hoon mujhe paralise jaise hota hain mera demag chalta or body kaam nhi karti main jor jor se jhatke deneki koshish karta hoon phir kuch seconds baad mera sharir phirse helne lagta hain yeh jo mujhe hora hain sirf ghehri neend main hota hain aisa q? Or thandi main he hota hain 4salo se please solve my question and tell me konsi bimari ho sakti hain plz.
Hi. I am teaching a student (girl), around 12 years old. From few days I saw her faint in the middle of class. It was started by epilepsy like symptoms. After 10 minutes she get normal. She lives in village with her grandmother. Her father is in town for earnings, they are poor. So can I suggest some medicines or suggestions to her? Kindly help me in the case, so that I can help her.
I am suffering from migraines. Whenever I stand for long hours or stretch in work It sometimes trigger the migraine. Kindly suggest What should I do and medicine If any as currently I am not taking any medicines. Thanks.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.