Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin ZalteYour feedback matters!
My mouth not open due to tobbaco. But I left this habit since last 2 years. Now I want open my mouth with full length. Please assist me for medicine.
I am 39 years doctor sahib consult about my teeth I have more pain and blooding in my teeth Dr. Ji what can I do?
I have crak on my teeth and my age is just 19 years old then what you say I need to change it or just stay with it.
Toothache is a painful dental condition that affects many people worldwide. At times the excruciating pain can drive a normal person insane. Cavity and tooth decay contribute to toothache in a big way. However, toothache can also be an indication of some serious dental ailments that needs immediate attention. The following factors/reasons can equally contribute to toothache (mild or severe).
- Tooth decay: Tooth decay and cavities are synonymous to unhealthy teeth and toothache. Cavities can also give rise to awkward complications like bad breath. Thus, proper dental care and hygiene is of topmost priority. It is highly recommended to brush the teeth three times daily.
- Accidental falls: Accidents incurred during sports or games often go unnoticed and untreated. This can invite unwanted complications like broken teeth, infections or inflammations resulting in toothache.
- Unhealthy gums: Bleeding, painful and swollen gums and many other gum ailments can severely affect the teeth. At an advanced stage, this can lead to unbearable toothache.
- Bruxism: Many people knowingly or unknowingly indulge in Bruxism or tooth grinding. Bruxism can have serious dental implications. It exerts tremendous pressure on the teeth and the supporting tissues. Eventually the jaw muscles also get affected, with toothache being the inevitable consequence.
- Decaying enamel: Healthy enamel implies healthy teeth. Factors like excessive intake of sweets, drinks and chocolates play a significant role in enamel decay. This can have a detrimental effect on the teeth resulting in toothache.
- Abscess, a serious dental ailment: Abscess is the manifestation of dental infections, whereby pus formation takes place between the gum and a tooth. Pus formation can also take place at the base of a tooth resulting in toothache.
- Cracked tooth syndrome: A fractured tooth often acts as a catalyst, leading to toothache. The crack on the tooth is so small that even an x-ray fails to reveal it. Factors like bruxism, tooth decay, to name a few; contribute to the Cracked Tooth Syndrome.
- The wisdom mystery: Lucky are those whose wisdom teeth erupt completely, at a single go. Impacted wisdom teeth can give a person sleepless nights. Misaligned teeth are no better.
- Toothache and periodontal complications: It is a serious condition leading to shooting pain and inflammation. The inflammation and pain affects the root of the tooth immensely. It usually results from infections in plaque formations.
- Sinus infections: In many cases, it has been found that sinus infection can lead to toothache. Positioned close to the upper back teeth, the sinuses give rise to what is known as a dull ache.
Toothache can be an amalgamation of many factors. Thus, it is very important to go for periodical dental & full body check ups.
I am 14yrs old. At the age of 8 I had a broken front left tooth. It was alright till now, but now I had tooth ache &swelling near nose. Docs prescribed ordent & paracetamol tab. But for 1 week the swelling is not going. Now they say to do rct. Please advise. I don't want t o do it right now but after my 10th exams. Please it's very urgent. Thank you.
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!