Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin ShettyYour feedback matters!
Mere mouth pe kale dag hai me ne ise nikalne ki bahut hi kosis ki kintu ye nikalta hi nahi please help.
I have not got stitches during my wisdom teeth removal surgery. Is it compulsory to get stitches or it is fine?
My daughter was fell down and she has injured in her teeth (she was 11 months old)the blood was not clot it was bleeding what can i do?
Actually I want to know the permanent procedure of whiten of teeth . Actually my teeth having yellow colour and I have done 2 tyms scaling but only 10 Percent results will become positive pls tell me permanent procedure at least 70 percent of whiten of teeth.
My mom recently had her tooth extracted, about a week ago. However, she has been experiencing pain and sensitivity, while drinking or eating cold food/drinks. And also has lost her appetite. What can be done?
It is very well recognized that tobacco causes oral cancer. But consuming betel - nut with or without tobacco can cause Oral Submucous Fibrosis which is a pre - cancerous condition. So tobacco as well as betel-nut both should be stopped to prevent oral cancer.
I am a complicated case of deep bite, nw my gums startED showing recession, have taken orthodontics treatment twice bt both d tym it failed need help.
My gums is so much swelling and bleeding wht should I do. please suggest me. Wht type of Colgate I use.
I m 26years old male and I have teeth problem while eating food my teeth give like current shock type this problem start 4months ago what what should I do.
Hi I have an doctors appointment coming soon to get my wisdom teeth pulled and just Friday I have smoked some marijuana and in they are going to put me under anesthesia can that harm me in any type of way.
My teeth is decaying. How much prize wanted to do root canal. Also. Doing root canal is any pblm to our body.
I am 22 year old. I have wisdom teeth which is growing horizontally. I have lot of pain what will I do?
Hello sir, there is a cavity problem in my tooth and one tooth need a rct. Please tell me about the charges and how I take care of this? Alsi I want to know about capping rate?
I am 67 all my teeth are intact. The front teeth upper and lower are a little bit projecting. At this age is it possible to set it right. How to remove stains on the teeth? While chewing /masticating the food the side teeth touches the flesh of the mouth and gets pain. One dentist said slight chipping of the teeth so that it will not harm the sides of the mouth. Pl advise.
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 22 years old. I have a hole in my teeth from last 1 year. Whenever I used to eat something made up of sugar I get lots of pain like swelling. Kindly suggest.
If you see blood while brushing your teeth, do not ignore it; it could be a sign of gum disease. A build-up of plaque along the gum line is the main trigger for bleeding gums. If left untreated, it could lead to gingivitis or periodontitis which could further lead to the loss of teeth. Bleeding gums are also caused by:
- Vigorous brushing
- Bleeding disorders or use of blood thinners
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Improper flossing
- Deficiency of vitamin K
- Tooth or gum related infection
- Ill-fitting dentures and braces
In most cases, bleeding gums can be treated at home. Here are a few tips.
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush. Ideally, you should brush your teeth gently after every meal, but if that is not possible, begin and end each day by brushing your teeth.
- Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol as this can worsen the condition. Instead, rinse your mouth with a warm saline solution or a hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Floss your teeth twice a day to prevent plaque build up. However be careful not to cut your gums.
- Avoid snacking between meals and cut back on your carbohydrate intake. Avoid added sugars as far as possible.
- Massage your gums with an oral irrigation device on a low setting. You could also put pressure on your gums with a gauze pad soaked in ice water to relieve the bleeding.
- Consult your dentist to check that your braces, dentures etc. are well fitted and are not rubbing against your gums or causing sores.
- Avoid aspirin and other blood thinners.
In some cases, these home remedies may not be enough. If you experience severe or long-term bleeding or any other symptoms along with the bleeding, you must consult a dentist immediately. Your dentist will be able to clean your teeth and remove all plaque and tartar on the tooth enamel and under the gum line that may be causing the bleeding. The doctor will also be able to examine the positioning of your teeth to ensure that there is no alignment problem that is reducing the effectiveness of brushing or flossing. Your dentist may also give you a few suggestions on how to overcome this problem. Regular cleaning and dental examinations are crucial to reversing bleeding gums and the diseases associated with it.