Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin M. KotakYour feedback matters!
I have a problem of bad breath, but it is not coming from mouth as it's always kept clean. Is this any sign of any digestive tract related problems?
About my teeth. I already filled my on teeth but now I have problem on muscles. Pain and swelling. M using oil, salt and turmeric.
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.
Wat will be the cost for cleaning the teeth? If it's cleaned means it will be in white colour? What I should to keep the teeth shiny and white?
Hello. I am suffering from teeth problem. Sometimes my teeth are paining & blood comes out of it sometimes. I have sensitiveness in my teeth. So plzz suggest me what to do?
Male 36/ weight 75 KG Hi last month I had a wisdom tooth extraction which triggered a panic attack. Ever since then I am having anxiety symptoms, worrying thoughts, irritation, phobia and insomnia. Additionally feeling lot of bloating in my abdomen with chest pressure spasms and anxiety like symptoms at night Blood work came normal (Creatinine /SGPT /Sugar /Thyroid) additionally 2D Echo/ECG was also totally normal Currently having metXL in morning and etzola (. 5) twice a day. For chest spasms (center of the chest) doctor asked me to have rabonik capsule before dinner Lack of appetite/ bloating and occasional anxiety attacks making me uncomfortable. Was perfectly normal before the tooth extraction although I have chronic bloating and upwards gas pressure Kindly advise.
I am getting many pimples on my face and I have excess heat in my body due to which I get mouth ulcers what should I may do/
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.