Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pravin KumarYour feedback matters!
Whenever I eat something my stomach getting full with gas and it's not going out anyway, what should I do?
Do you feel your stomach bloat after meals? If you notice, this doesn't happen after every meal? Only at times. And at other times when you eat specific foods. Well, there are foods cause your stomach to bloat, so the wise thing to do is to know about them and avoid them!
Here are a few of the biggest criminals:
1. Cold drinks: Yes, these carbonated drinks have numerous side effects on your health. One of them is that they bloat your tummy. Beer happens to fall in this category too.
2. Dairy Products: For the lactose intolerant, dairy products are almost like poison. The intolerance can be mild, moderate of severe, but one of the symptoms is gas. You can try to limit your consumption of dairy products.
3. Apples: Apples and pears are known to contain a high percentage of fiber. While they are important for us and should be eaten, if is good to know that they can affect sensitive tummies. Eat bit by bit, and if it helps, peel the skin and then eat.
4. Few Vegies: While they are excellent health foods, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli are the vegetables which cause gas in the stomach, which in turn leads to bloating of the tummy.
5. Sodium: Sodium is also another reason for bloated tummies, so it is advised to limit salt intake.
6. Fast Foods: Fast foods like sausages, fried foods, ice cream, sweetened products , etc are known to cause the belly to bloat.
7. Rice Preparations: Rice is known to swell up inside the stomach once it gets water, hence making the stomach feel bloated.
8. Hard Drinks: Alcohol is also said to add weight near the stomach and make it feel bloated.
Related Tip: What Causes Acidity? Understanding its Symptoms and Causes