Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hello I'm 35 years female my teeth are chipping by themselves I'm scared What could be the cause ? is it due to deficiency of any vitamin ? please advise
I have jawlock from last 1 month. I can hardly eat. I have visited a doctor but it didn't help. I have jaw lock many times before and it use to get normal in some hours but now it's locked from one month. Can I get normal ? If yes please tell me how.
Actually my front teeth was broken slightly. At age 12. Can you tell me. What will be the cost for putting cup over the broken teeth.
Hello sir, I'm 22 yes old. I Brush regularly but my teeth is still yellow. What should I do And what toothpaste I should I use?
Hi, I have a problem associated with the wisdom tooth. Since a year i am having severe pain around the wisdom tooth since it occurred to grow. and in a month twice i am suffering this pain. And it last for about 7-8 days. I can't even eat anything cause of this pains allot and pain is spread in the throat and ear too and especially on the left. And gums around this tooth pain allot too. What should be done to cure it?
I am 32 years old I am suffering from submucos fibrosis last 5 years I wil take the treat in apollo hospital I have breathing problem already tricostomy done now how i am reliefed.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.