Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen ValkhadeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis what is way for cure i am weighing 102 kg weight reduction is not possible inspite of diet doctor says due to genetic factor I have to remain fat any solutions for fat reduction ca you prescribe a diet chart for me i am diabetic too. How to reduce fat and wright and cure for arthritis. Hope you can guide me. Thanking you
My back is always get pain whenever I seat or sleep kindly advice me what I should do. Pl suggest any doctor name.
I am 55 years old, I am having back pain for last 10 years. Cannot bent and seat on feet please guide me taking calcium tab.
AGE 41 YRS, WT- 47 KGS,lack of vitamin D (<8.0),B12=201,HB=13.8,MONOCYTES=01,ABSOLUTE MONOCYTE COUNT=0.07,ESR=24,URIC ACID=2.3 PROBLEMS = KNEE AND BACK PAIN, EYE SIGHT PROBLEM(REAR)
I have pain in my left hand I tried many of medicines consult to many doctor but I can't get relax of my hand wat to do now.
My father had severe osteoarthritis and suffering from fever and pain at left sacroiliac joint and left shoulder joint pain. He was unable to sleep in night time. Please help us.
My neck is paining very badly some time I feel gidy too if I raise my head you feel the giddiness can you please explain me why.
I am 20 years old. I love playing volleyball. And I have some problems with jumping. I am suffering due to back pain. How can I solve this problem?
My husband got operated in left knee on 19.08. 15. He had injury in accident his left knee was depressed. Bone grafting has been done but even today he could not walk properly. How many days will it take to come back to normal position.
Elbow pain and discomfort can be an outcome of a myriad of reasons. Thus, the symptoms of an elbow pain may differ depending on the factor or the medical condition causing the pain. In most of the cases, an elbow pain restricts the movement of the arm affecting a person's ability to lift things or to hold onto something.
- The elbow pain may also be associated with stiffness, and swelling in the elbow joints (often seen in people with Arthritis of the Elbow).
- In some, the elbow pain may be such that a person is unable to open a door, straighten the wrist. They face difficulties in even making a fist, (common in people with a Tennis Elbow).
- In the case of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, in addition to the elbow pain, there may be weakened hand grip and muscle wastings. The weakness may also affect the ring finger as well as the little finger. In extreme cases, there may be a claw-like deformity affecting the hand.
- In people with the Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) injury, the associated symptoms may include pain mainly concentrated in the inside of the elbow. Further, there may be irritation of the ulnar nerve resulting in numbness in the little as well as the ring finger. The elbow may also appear to be unstable.
- Like the UCL injury, the Little League Elbow may cause pain, swelling, and stiffness on the pinky side of the elbow (inside of the elbow).
To evaluate and determine the exact cause of the elbow pain, a doctor may carry out the following diagnostic tests.
- Blood tests: In the case of arthritis, a blood test may help in a more accurate diagnosis.
- A doctor may also perform some imaging tests such as
- An X-ray of the elbow.
- A CT Scan and an MRI to see if there are any damages or injury to the ligaments, cartilages or tendons.
- A bone scan may come in handy in the case of stress fractures.
The treatment for elbow pain primarily depends on the condition that triggers it.
- In the case of arthritis of the elbow which causes pain and inflammation, the use of Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), analgesics and corticosteroids provide great relief from the associated symptoms.
- Many people with elbow stiffness (there is a weakness, with people unable to even bend or straighten the elbow) benefit from physiotherapy which goes a long way to relieve the pain and strengthen the elbow.
- PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) injections may be used to treat elbow pain. The blood of the affected person is collected and centrifuged to obtain the platelet-rich plasma. The platelets are then injected into the affected site to speed up the recovery process.
- The use of cold compress and painkillers can also help to reduce the pain and the swelling. For better results, follow this with a hot compress.
- In extreme cases, a person may need an elbow surgery to treat the diseased condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.