Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Mhatre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen MhatreYour feedback matters!
I just missed my periods in january and still 'im waiting for it. My so many friends told me to eat iron tablets ,chukandar, papaya. And recently I just lost 2 kilogram weight ,but i'm gaining some fat on my stomach. And the most important thing is I don't have any kind of sexual contact with any one. And from 2 years i'm getting some cough problems but according to my report it is normal but I don't thing so. My blood group is o and my mom is patient of thyroid and she had some ovary problem also. So I don't know what to do with MY PERIOD PROBLEMS KINDLY SUGGEST ME FOR IT please. And also suggest me that should I go for thyroid checkup.
I take unwanted 72 pills after 70 hours of unprotected sex is there chance of pregnancy if yes than I will do suggest me some medicine.
Having irritation in the vaginal area after intercourse. Is it due to infection or less vaginal fluid. Vaginal area is very dry n difficult to penetrate.
My periods only last for three days. Last month I missed it. Nd I had white discharge. BT now I HV some relief. What is the reasons for all this. How to overcome white discharge.
A friend of mine got married few months ago, however she could not accomplish her sex life as she felt a lot of pain and do not allow her husband to proceed. Could you please advise.
I am having sexual relation with my boyfriend and we do not use condom. I use to take I pill or unwanted 72 around once in 2 month approx. I want to know that bcoz of taking I pill or unwanted 72 will their be any complications or problem in future? Will their b any prblm for baby in future? If yes wat problems can happen in future? please give me the detailed answer. About what can happen in future.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!