Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 20 years I use to have vomiting in morning doc told me its due to acidity. After having my breakfast I use to have vomiting. Or after eating my lunch or dinner I fell like vomiting. I had all my test whether its chest lungs but nothing came out I am just having allergy. and sinus little bit. Few doc told me girls log ka vomiting sicological hota h we do not have the reason. But what should I do. I have to attend my classes I have to study. Please help. Because of me my parents are also upset. and me too. please suggest something to me.
I have severe acidity from past 3 years. When ever I take medicines It will come down. But after some days it is as usual. Please give me solution for my problem.
My wife suffering left side lower abdomen cramp type pain last 2-3 months. She suffered same problem before pregnancy. 1.5 years ago treatment done under general medicine & gynecologist but no good result found. Even no abnormalities observed in USG whole abdomen report. Now she felt same problem from. Last 2 days. The pain happens thrice in a month. She take drotin ds & antacid. What step we should take.
Last year around the same time, I started having blood in my stool and a bit of pain during the excretion process and sometimes during sitting. On consulting with a doctor, he said that it's nothing and it healed after sometime and I was good to go. Now again I am going through the same problem and I don't have any idea what to do. Please help and guide me because I am too worried about it.
Sir, I am suffering from piles from last few months. Feeling to much heat in anus after came out from latrine No bleeding but feels like a piece of glass or point of knife got stuck inside. Pain remains for 2-3 hours after leaving latrine. Sometimes also feels heat like that anal tube is filled with mirch powder. So much irritation, Please suggest me best Homeopathic remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
My wife unable to sit properly due to heavy loose motion. Sometime she got pain in anus. Loose motion is coming daily. Don't know what to do. I have consulted the doctor 3 times. Still it doesn't helped me.
From last ten days in morning when I go to toilet blood comes along with the potty drops of blood regularly falls down. But I do not feels any tiredness. I don't know how to get rid of this. Please tell me the remedy.
I am suffering with gas pain since from 1 week, I don't know whether it is gas pain or any heart problem, what are symptoms for heart problems.
Hi, I'm 24 years old male, recently got appendix surgery and I lost 10 kg weight so I request you to give me some best tips for gaining weight thank you.
For 2 months .I have been suffering from itching or like worm is biting in my anus. At starting it started generally morning and night .I have taken almost 15 albendazole tablet within 2 months .and problem is still on. Gastric problem also arises .and sleepless night.
I am randhir nishad male I always have cough and throat issue and also have a acidity problem there to me what is your suggestion.
What are perfect food stuffs for liver & brain and important organs of our body. Sir/Madam, Please kindly help me to get it.
Hi m suffering from anal fissure past 1year, my tip of the motion is large n bit hard so is there any application to use it before I pass stool to make it soft, without out taking stool softener or pills.
Indigestion problem Kuchh bhi Khao khana digest hi nhi hota h. Stomach tight ho jada h please solve my problem.
My face gets lot of unopened fat pop-up inside my skin and pimples come often every week 1 after another, some may stay for long time when they swell and form big with puss, due to that sometimes I get scar's and pores are common to stay, my face is oily, my age is 32 years weight 72 kg, I eat lot of spicy, masala,oily, fries,non veg, I skip breakfast daily, no specific time for lunch and dinner, sometimes eat heavily, do not exercise, has acidity, gas,burning in my chest and stomach. Please write the ointment name to apply for pimples, tablets and can I go for any chemical peeling.
I am 34 years old I am getting burp along with hiccups and getting acidic reaction in the middle lane please tell me any solution.
I I have digestion problem. I vomit all fast food when I Eat. I Want To Be Fit Again. Tell My About This Remedy And Precautions To Follow.
A stressful event like speaking in public, going to a job interview can give you butterflies in your stomach that may literally make you want to run to the bathroom. Stress affects every aspect of our lives including digestion. This includes indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. When put in a stressful situation, the body releases hormones known as corticotropin-releasing hormone or CRH. This, in turn, signals the adrenal gland to pump out adrenaline and steroids that help with the body's flight or fight response. Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.
- Stress kills appetite: Stress eating is a real problem that results from the contradictory reactions of hormones. The hormones released by stress kill a person's appetite, but at the same time, the steroids released by these hormones make the person crave unhealthy foods like ice-cream, chocolate or potato chips. These foods aren't easy to digest and can cause indigestion, gas buildup and heart burn.
- Stress leads to ulcers: Ulcers are caused by bacteria, but stress strengthens the infection and disturbs the balance of hydrochloric acid and protective secretions in the stomach. This increases the risk of ulcer formation in the stomach. Once the ulcers are present in the stomach, stress can worsen the symptoms.
- Stress alters the gastrointestinal pathophysiology: Stress can cause changes in gastrointestinal secretions and reduce the amount of oxygen available to the digestive system. It also impairs gastroduodenal motility and amount of enzymes being secreted by the pancreas. Additionally, it interferes with the passage of food through the intestinal tract and alters colonic motility. Stress also affects the absorption of nutrients from the stomach and increases the blood flow to the digestive system by four times the normal amount thus decreasing metabolism rates.
- Stress affects irritable bowel syndrome: Stress in itself does not cause irritable bowel syndrome but can worsen the situation. This is because stress can make the colon contract and cause abdominal pain. These contractions are usually uncoordinated and can lead to constipation. It also makes the body more sensitive to pain thus increasing discomfort.
- Stress lowers immunity: A large part of the immune system is housed in the gut. Stress reduces the secretion of enzymes in the gut and leaves the digestive system vulnerable to bacterial infections. By weakening the immune system in the gut, stress also increases the risk of suffering from infections in other parts of the body.