Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen KumarYour feedback matters!
I have gerd with barrettes oesophagus. For the last one month I am having a burning sensation in my stomach always. It stays in the stomach. It does not come up to chest. Is it due to gerd? It's not intense. But a feeling. It stays for few seconds then goes. Again it comes. It continues like this. I take neksium 40 once daily.
Hello doc My wife is in her 5th month of pregnancy and she vomits very often and she is having a lot of gastric problem . Please suggest something .
I am 18 yes old and I am suffering by pimples and peptic ulcers type pimple on my scrotum and there is transparent liquid if I squeeze. These are about 2 cm in diameter and it itches a lot. I feel shy for consulting the Dr. Please tell me about a best cream and medicines which I can directly buy from clinic. These pimples are since two months. Recently I am also facing rashes and dryness which cause itching. Please help.
I left smoking 15 days ago. Now I am suffering from Constipation and acidity. I am not able to understand if this is because of smoking or not if it is due to smoking. Please help me how to get rid of these problems.
I am a 23 year old male. I happened to develop a bad habit of fingering my anus. Now my bowel movements are not correct. Its like. After every meal I feel like taking a shit. I can not control it. I have to put a lot of pressure and its like all my guts coming out. And the worst thing is. I feel there is always something left to go. So I have to put my finger in and again empty my stomach. I have gas problem too. Stool test showed an infection. I took aciloc. Gas problem was a bit low that time. But bowel movements are not ok still. Also, sometimes a thick fluid comes out my anus. Especially after I masturbate. I need a solution for this. My life is hell because of this.
I am having bleeding from rectum for 5 days associated with pain while defecation, I normally have constipation, I have had this complaint for 6 months on and off and have been treated for hemorrhoids in the past. I need to know the exact diagnosis and it's further management?
Enlarged pancreas can result beacuse of factors such as:
- An abscess in your pancreas: This refers to a dangerous formation inside the pancreas. Neglecting its occurrence can also turn out to be fatal. An abscess is a cavity containing pus that further infects the rest of the organ. Presence of harmful bacteria in the pancreas leads to such a case.
- A cyst in the lining of your pancreas: Epithelial cysts in the pancreas can also cause the organ to swell up. Such cysts are mostly benign but they are accompanied by disabling pain.
- Pancreatitis is one disease with an array of threats: Highly active enzymes within the organ can make its tissues wear down thus, affecting the size of your pancreas. If you are an alcoholic, you are more prone to develop this condition. It could also be contracted due to an excess of calcium or fats in the blood.
- Cancer of the pancreas is dreadful too: Due to the unanticipated growth of cancer cells in the pancreas, the organ grows bigger. A person suffers from excruciating pain under the influence of this condition.
- Pseudocysts in the pancreas can have serious ill effects: When benign cysts become unmanageably harmful, they result into pseudocysts. The cysts contain remains of your tissues and other damaging fluids that can increase the size of the pancreas.
An enlarged pancreas surfaces in the form of these symptoms:
- The kind of stool you pass indicates a lot about your health. Oily poop can be indicative of an enlarged pancreas. Persisting diarrhea can also be a symptom of pancreatic ailments.
- You may even experience an accelerated pulse rate.
- You may feel feverish continually. Bouts of fever can impede your free movement and general health.
- Health issues with your pancreas can make you suffer from jaundice. It could be a one- time affair or it could reappear from time to time.
- Constant queasiness could hint at some underlying problem in your pancreas.
- You may even lose more than a few pounds over a short span of time. Such a thing should not be taken lightly as it not only makes you look sick but also degrades your immunity.
Mild splenomegaly increase size of spleen in stomach due to it I am felling heavy problem in motion irregular motion food is getting fastly coming out I am felling that always as to go for motion. Small motion is coming. It is coming for many times. please help
I am 23 years old. I have a digestion problem or something like that. I started jogging after a long time and whenever I tried to push my limits I encountered digestion problem and even now it is there. I had this problem earlier also, it was not so often then. When I am having this problem, I use to poo two times a day but it is not proper. Not proper loose motion but something like that. I am having this problem from the last one and a half year. Please suggest me what to do.
Liver cirrhosis and Homeopathy
The largest gland of the human body is liver. Cirrhosis is a chronic liver disease which features abnormality in structure and functioning of the liver.
Cirrhosis normally means damage to liver cells. These damaged cells are then replaced by scar tissues which restricts the organ to work normally as it ought to. The replacement of normal liver cells with scar tissues is a long and slow process.
The continuous inflammation of the liver cells due to certain conditions wears out them and the regeneration process works with fibrosis and scar tissue formation. If not treated and checked it may lead to liver failure.
Cirrhosis affects liver very badly and disrupts the normal functioning of the liver some of which are of great importance to the human body and all conditions which can damage the cells of the liver can easily cause cirrhosis.
Cirrhosis of liver means the circulation of blood within the liver is not in a normal condition and hence affecting liver metabolism and elimination of various end products of liver. Liver treats and breaks down many substances which include alcohol, drugs and red blood cells. With the formation of cirrhosis liver does not work properly which means accumulation of various harmful substances in liver and hence damaging liver more and more.
Liver cirrhosis is caused due to many factors like viral infections including hepatitis, Alcohol, Cystic fibrosis, Wilson’s disease, Primary biliary cirrhosis, Drugs and toxins, Schistosomiasis (snails) and many more.
These conditions gradually lead to the wear and tear of liver thus affecting its normal routine and mostly causing cirrhosis.
The symptoms of this disease are not easily recognizable at early stages but gradually symptoms can be seen like appetite loss, nausea, weight loss, jaundice, skin itching, swelling in abdomen and ankles, easy bruising, palms turn warm and reddish, asterexis, spider naevi and some more. When cited the patient should be rushed to the doctor and treatment should be started thereafter.
Homeopathy has proven its point in treating liver conditions of all types. Homeopathy not just treats the symptoms of cirrhosis but also treats its underlying causes like genetic tendency, viral infection, metabolic changes, alcoholic bad effects etc. and helps to treats cirrhosis on the whole. Homeopathy helps in controlling further damage to the liver cells. Homeopathy cannot help in curing scarred tissues as it is impossible to regenerate those affected tissues.
Homeopathy helps in increasing a person’s immune response and hence reduces the virus load and gradually improving the overall health of liver.if homeopathic medication is given to the patient at early stages it helps in preventing the disease in going any further and preventing further complications like liver failure or cancer from occurring. These are the associated disease of cirrhosis if not treated properly.
Homeopathy is hence very helpful in treating the disease efficiently and prevents the disease from progressing and if administered in early stages homeopathic medication helps in restoring most of the normal liver functions. Thus, homeopathic treatment for this disease is strongly advised and especially in the early stages.