Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PravanyaYour feedback matters!
The monsoon may be a season of joy, but it has also got equal woes. The monsoon brings a lot of health problems along with the rain and clouds. Monsoon is characterized by the thriving of numerous germs and bacteria. The increased humidity causes many disorders in the digestive system.
Keeping yourself dry from rain is not the only way to ensure good health during the monsoon season.
Here are several tips to stay healthy during the monsoon:
- Skip having outside food: Avoid street food strictly during the monsoon. Street food like pani poori, bhel poori, pakoras and other chaats may look tempting, but they may contain harmful bacteria, which might affect your digestive system. Furthermore, avoid raw food or cut fruits. All these foods may cause food poisoning. Outside water should be abstained from totally as contaminated monsoon water leads to diseases such as dysentery and cholera.
- Include vegetables in your diet: You should eat a variety of green and colored vegetables, which are nutrient rich and keep you fit during the monsoon. Wash all vegetables properly before cooking. Blanching of the vegetables disinfects them.
- Take a shower after getting wet: If you get wet in the rain, you must follow it up with a shower immediately. This washes off any infection that might have passed on from the rain. To avoid fever and cold, do not enter an air-conditioned room with wet clothes or hair.
- Try to avoid fish: During the monsoon, you should avoid consuming fish and prawns as much as possible, as they may cause infections. Monsoon is the breeding season for fish, and the infection might upset your digestion. Only eat fresh fish.
- Always stay hydrated: During the monsoon, you must drink a lot of water and keep your system clean. You may have boiled water to get rid of germs. Harmful water may cause stomach disorders. Try having different sorts of herbal tea or green tea. Avoid coffee as it dehydrates your body.
- Keep your house clean: Your house should be kept clean and pest-free during the monsoon. Check for any water clogging or leaking. Replace any rusted or broken drainpipes as they act as a breeding ground for germs and pests which cause malaria and dengue. Prevent any kind of water logging to keep mosquitoes away.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise is vital to keep yourself healthy, especially in monsoon. Since going out in the rain is impossible, work out at home. Practice yoga and free hand exercises.
Monsoon is the season of various diseases caused from germs and bacteria, which breed during this season. Take all the required precautions to keep yourself healthy during the monsoon.
I had unprotected sex on 10th June and within the next hour I took unwanted 72. I experienced withdrawal bleeding from 21st to 23rd June. My last period was from 29th May to 1st June and as predicted by my period app, my scheduled period date was 30the June but I'm 8 days late. So I took a pregnancy test (I Can) which was negative. I still haven't gotten my period. Is pregnancy possible?
Hi my wife loss two pregnancies at 7th month doctor's are told there is no big problem. What is the solution to this problem.
Since 2009 I have been menstruating every month, but it has not yet stabilized. Initially I had an 8 day cycle, but gradually it has decreased to 2days a months. The bleeding is also not very heavy and the pain is breath-taking. I experience an abdominal pain even when I am not on my period cycle. Few of my friends have been diagnosed with ovarian- cysts and I fear I have the same because my symptoms match with theirs'. I have developed tiny hair on my chest and back which is not a symptom that normal girls have. If your feel that my concern is valid, please brief me with it's diagnosis and further treatment.
Hi Age 26, Day of cycle 10, follicular scan report is follicle left ovary size 2.6*2.5, ET: 1.2 cm and irregular endometrium. Is this report normal? Last month I have ovulated on 12 day, on which day I may ovulate this month. Is it possible to conceive this month.
Me and my wife had sex for the first time 18 days back and her monthly cycle was due on 26-27 Feb but still cycle has not started. She's worried and have stomach aches as well. Please advise.
I am 24years married I am taking unwanted pregnant I want to remove please sugest me just 10 day pregnant.
Hi, I am 35 years old male. My wife is 28 years. We got married 5 years ago. One child born. He is 4 years old. But we had a sum family problem. Lost 7 months. So we are saparet living to gather. We don't have any physical contact and phone contact also. She lived in a pg. other place for their b ed education. She say she only comes after his education complete otter 2 years. With out permission she go away from me. With her family support. Also my son in wife's, mothers house. My question is how I control my sexual humblenes. Now a days my mind diverts other girls for sex. My question. Is it possible should she also lived with out sex for 2 years. She not agree to come back. Is it possible for both men and women (coupals) lived with out sex for long periods?
I am 18 years old. I am getting blood from my sperm. After release of sperm i pass blooded urine with some blood clots. What can i do?
I did sex with my partner but my virginity broke down before doing sex I know that one time my private part struck to bicycle I got pain but virginity is present inner side can it possible that hopefully that was the reason of my breakage of virginity I never do sex any other except my partner I need reason for it please tell I want to know about it?
1) Push Ups - The best of all. They target all muscles, from your arms to your abs to your legs and the butt. If they feel difficult at first, go on to your knees. But once you feel strong, go ahead and do the full ones. Push-ups should ideally be done as many as you can!
2) Squats - A simple squat exercise can take care of all the fat accumulated at your bottom. For a squat, stand hip width apart go down to your knees, make sure that the knees don't come ahead of your ankle. Then, move up slowly. Repeat.
3) Crossover Lunge - Arms at shoulder height with palms down. Now, step with one foot forward, crossing the other. Twist the torso. This is a cross-over lunge. It will help your oblique, sides bulges and legs all at the same time.
4) Bench Dips - Take a car or a bench. Place your hands at hip width apart and move forward. Now, press yourself up and down. Bench Dips are excellent for toning your arms.
5) Plank - Simple but great for your core. Plank requires you to stay in the first part of a push up position. Make sure that everything, from your head to your ankle are in a straight line. Suck the stomach in. Don't let your hips sag.
Make sure that you also include a healthier, balanced meal as a part of lifestyle to help your body get fitter.
If you have any further questions on fitness, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Dear sir/madam, we are complited 3 yrs of our marriage and we are tring since last 2 yrs for pregence, but till dated we are not getting sucess. Already we are changed more than three doctors for the same. And pur all report come is normal. In last hormonic test some hormons found unbalancein my wife. Please suggest the right way tous what to do further.
I am 29 yrs old, married last year in march, i am having pcod problem, will I get any problem in conceiving, I want to conceive soon.
Dear doctor. I am 52 year old. Had my menopause since 45 years. Bp low to normal. More of bad cholestrol. Less of good. A bit high triglycerides. Pre diabetic. Always on the high borderline. No medication whatsoever. However, I have constant heel pain. Ortho said flat foot. Suggested surgical slippers. Yet no relief. Standing for long. Walking and moving around for long. Particularly in malls and bnarefoot in temples etc, aggravates the problem. Weight wise. Slightly on the higher side. Did allopathy cum ayurved, accupuncture. Diet control like avoiding all night shade vegetables etc, all in vain. I also have this trigger finger problem on my right hand ring finger. What could be my problem. I also find difficulty climbing. Short breath. Please diagonise my problem and suggest effective remedies. Thanking you. Sincerely.
In 1 month pregnancy my doctor suggested Rantac twice a day. Can I use Pan D twice as it is more powerful.
My wife's breasts are very loose so what is the procedure to recondition of breasts. My wife's age is now 24.
Curd vs. Milk- how should you get your daily dose of calcium?
Calcium is an essential mineral that is required by the body for various functions. It is used for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It is also used in the cardiovascular and nervous systems for preventing all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lyme disease, etc.
It is, thus, extremely necessary to have calcium-rich foods as a part of your daily diet. Dairy products constitute as the primary source of calcium on an everyday basis. Of these, milk and curd are the two most important. But in case, you're wondering which one of the two is better for you, read on to find out.
There has been much debate about which is the better source of calcium - milk or curd. In very simple terms, milk ranks higher than curd in terms of calcium content. 100g of milk contains around 125mg of calcium, whereas 100g of curd has a lower calcium content of approximately 85mg. So if you really want to up your calcium intake, milk will be a better choice.
Other health benefits
If one is to take into consideration other health benefits provided by these two food products, curd takes the lead by a landslide.
Following are the known benefits of curd:
- It is far easier to digest
- It is a suitable dairy product for those who are lactose intolerant
- It cleanses the digestive tract
- It prevents infections of the stomach and intestines
In the end, it's for you to decide what your body needs more. If it requires more calcium, choosing milk would be wise; but if you cannot digest milk, opting for curd will ensure you get a healthy dose of calcium along with scores of other health benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
My wife has one month pregnancy but we do not want child because we have already two children. I want to know about MTP.
Cracked feet not only look unattractive but also cause a lot of discomfort. You can use lemon juice to reduce discomfort and enjoy soft feet. Its mild acidic property helps get rid of dead and dry skin cells.
1.Add ½ cup of lemon juice to a foot tub filled with warm water.
2.Soak your feet in it for 10 to 15 minutes.
3.Gently scrub your feet with a soft foot brush.
4.Wash, pat dry and apply some moisturizer on your feet before putting on a pair of socks.
5.Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.