Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Pratik VoraYour feedback matters!
I have cavity in my teeth but it's minor what to use to remove the cavity and make. Teeth strong please help me out.
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately
I have had scaling on my teeths and had removed all the plaque present on it. But in a month plaque is again coming back on my teeths. I brush 2 times day and flosh once by plax. Still plaque is sticking around. So can anyone help me please to stop this.
I got some problem while smiling. In one side too much gum can be seen. Is there any treatment for reduce the gum. Once I consult a Dr. he said that I need surgery. Without surgery any other option.
I am getting too many problems in my everyday life. My teeth is getting yellow day by day. I tried different toothpastes and some medicine too. But nothing happens. Tell me what I will do now? Please help me!
I found every food spicy although its normal with other people I also hv eruption of wisdom teeth and pain in tonsils Pls suggest me what to do.
"Common mistakes People Do in Dental Care "
1. Regular Check-ups: Check-up is utmost important part of dental treatment , even if you do not find any usual finding in your mouth you have to go for annual check -ups to your Dentist.It is mandatory to take preventive measure before hand .So ,from next time do not wait for caries pain,sensitivity develop in your teeth ,just visit to your dentist for a general check up.
2. Follow ups: Follow up is always mandatory in between and after your treatment .Whatever is the treatment ,it is necessary to visit to a doctor if he/she mention that you have to come for follow up.Specialy after your surgery, extraction(teeth removal),Root canal etc .You find everything is done ,treatment is over and didn’t find time to visit again to your dentist ,but you have to understand this that any healing will take time and it is a normal biological process. So from next time ,don’t miss appointments and a follow up after your treatment too.
3. Self Medication: Strict No-No .I have seen lot of people that they take medicine on their own ,without seeing a dentist /physician .See, every drug has side effects ,if you are taking for a longer time without asking to your doctor .Even if you had old prescription of a doctor ,don’t take any medicine without consulting to your Dentist/Physician. So next time ,if you find anything abnormal or find pain ,swelling in your teeth ,just consult your Dentist as soon as possible .
4. Proper Tooth Brushing: For proper dental care, be sure to brush gently two or three times per day each for two to three minutes, using long, horizontally angled strokes. Waiting too long between tooth brushing can cause harmful bacteria and plaque to develop. However, do not brush too often, which can lead to exposure of the roots, or brush too aggressively, which can cause erosion of the tooth enamel.Discard your toothbrush every 3 months or else if its bristles torn out.
Not using the correct tooth brushing technique is another common dental care mistake. According to family dentistry experts, the best technique is the thorough brushing of every tooth. Thoroughly brushing the inner surfaces of the teeth is important, but many skip that step, which can cause issues to show up at the next visit to their family dentistry office.
5. A Dental Floss and a Antiseptic Mouthwash: Also a necessary additionally with the two times brushing. Food accumulates in between teeth and a major cause too for developing dental caries in between two teeth and also it inflamed your gums and sometimes lead to pockets and Gingival and Periodontal problems .So for a healthy teeth and gums ,use a dental floss/interdental brushes to keep the area clean in between teeth and gargle with the mouthwash once daily before bedtime .
6. Chomping on Tooth Destroyers: A lot of food items and beverages may cause destructions of enamel of your teeth if you are addicted to them .Don’t brush just after having an acidic beverages ,wait for some time than brush your teeth as it will cause more destruction of enamel of your teeth. Everyone has" sweet tooth "so watch your portion of sweets and candies you are taking on daily basis ,it is advisable not to have these items (choclates,chips,candies,soda,cola etc ) on daily basis .So restrict them or if not possible for children ,than give them only in one day in a week (Sundays)
7. Eat vegetables and fruits: Lots of vitamin is needed for your health of your teeth and gums ,so make sure the green vegetables and fruits are in part of your daily diet.Drink atleast 4-5 litres water per day.
8. Any Unusual Habits like Tobacoo use: Along with all of the other health care issues caused by tobacco, smoking or using other tobacco products can also increase your chances of developing gum disease and experiencing rapid bone loss around your teeth.
9. Tooth trauma: Clenching teeth, chewing ice, or gnawing on pencils can put excess pressure on your teeth and wear away tooth enamel. If you grind your teeth unconsciously – especially at night, your dentist can create a customized mouth guard for you to wear at night. In addition, you should wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports to lessen your risk of broken or cracked teeth if you experience a severe blow to your face, and also when swimming to decrease your teeth’s exposure to chlorine, which can erode and stain tooth enamel.
10. Lack of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for the health of your gum tissue and should be consumed daily. People who consume less that 180 g daily are 25% more likely to develop gum disease.
Lack of calcium – Calcium is known for its ability to strengthen bones. In fact, people who consume at least 800 mg a day are less likely to develop severe gum disease. While calcium can be found in foods like cheese, yogurt, and milk, you should still consider calcium supplements to help strengthen your teeth and bones.