Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Injury Treatment
Spine Mobilization Disorders
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Ankle Pain Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Soft Tissue Injury Management
Spinal Disorders Treatment
Joint Replacement Surgery
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Soft Tissue Mobilization Procedure
Knee Osteotomy Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Limping Child Treatment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratik TalekarYour feedback matters!
I have back pain at left side and sometimes I get pain in my left hand as well. What's Wrong with me.
I have severe shoulder pain for the last 2 days. Was hit dere during a football match plus I had a shoulder injury earlier. What sud I do?
I have sever joint pain it also swell in winter season so give me any succession to recover from It.
Hello I am 35 years old and I have suffering form back pain, cheats pain and gastric problem after dinner every day.
I am a 20 year old male and a football player. I experience a sudden pain in the waist region while running too fast or taking a shot. What might be the reason and possible diagnosis?
I lift some heavy item and suddenly I feel pain in my waist now I am suffering from waist pain. I am unable to move.
I am 34 years old, I have diabetic I am using the tablets for that, but my both legs is paining in the night when I lay down on the bed. Pain is between the feet and nee.
I am 27 year old male, I sometimes have severe neck pain. One of my friend suggested me that that's because of Vitamin B-12 deficiency. Is it correct?
I got severe backpain aftr mi second baby birth bcuz it ws operated scissoring. Starts paining in middle point in back. I can not sit on d floor fr d long tim by folding mi legs. May b its bcuz of tht injection givn on mi back during mi baby birth. Also d doctor also told me tht you ll get d pain nd you hav tu face it till I lasts. Pain starts frm middle point of mi back till mi rgt leg. Vein paining. As it is interconnected. Just wnt som remedy tu heal nd get rid of dis prob.
My mother is suffering from gout pain and thyroid from last 4 years. What is the proper treatment and medicine for it?
I came from gym, then after shower when I was about to wear shorts and raised my left leg, I felt pain in my lower back (upper buttock centre portion. I am not able to bend forward, it pains when I try to Bend forward. What could be the problem? At gym I didn't felt any pain. But when I came home and after shower I felt the pain. Please help. Thanks.
Stress fractures are small cracks that may appear in a bone. It occurs due to repetitive application of force in the same area. It is very common among various sports such as running, tennis and football. It may also occur due to osteoporosis as this disorder weakens the bones and allows stress fractures to occur easily.
The majority of stress fractures occur due to overuse of a specific muscle. The bones and the muscles used in a specific movement do not get time to recover, thus leading to stress fracture.
Causes: The major cause of stress fracture is change in physical activity, such as a sudden increase in exercise. The other factors that may lead to stress fracture are -
- Poor conditioning: If you are starting an exercise regimen without proper preparation, then it may cause stress on the muscles. It is important that you condition your body before doing any intense activity to prevent injuries.
- Bone insufficiency: Various disorders such as osteoporosis reduces bone strength and increases the likelihood of a stress fracture. If you have low bone density then you are at a higher risk of having stress fractures.
- Change in surface: Change in surface like shifting from running on grass to road tends to cause more stress on the legs, thus increasing the likelihood of a fracture.
- Improper form: Performing any exercise with improper form may lead to a number of injuries. It is recommended to learn the correct technique before exercising, so you may use a spotter or a trainer to guide you.
The symptoms of a stress fracture are:
- Pain: You may experience dull to severe pain if you have stress fractures. The severity of pain will depend on the severity of the fracture.
- Swelling: Pain may be accompanied by swelling on the sides and the top of the foot.
- Tenderness: Stress fractures may cause tenderness in the muscles around the affected area.