Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratik Talekar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Pratik TalekarYour feedback matters!
My mother is having knee Pains in Both legs she cannot walk properly & if she walk for some distance she will get tired. She is taking some homeopathy medicine called, Dr. G that is so costly she, even though is not getting of the pain. Pl. Tell what to do. Her knee caps are getting Rubbed along time a Dr. Told that. Is it right pl. Tell.
I am 38 years old female, and I am having pain in my calf and thigh and feeling tired, I am gaining weight as well, is it because of thyroid or some other disease.
Hello, I am Dr Sajna. I am an Ayurveda physician and specialized in Panchakarma therapy. We are doing authentic ayurvedic treatment and special Kerala Panchakarma treatment. Here I want to talk about the Back pain management through Ayurveda. Nowadays back pain has become very common and people are not aware of its cause and the correct treatment. There are many reasons for back pain such as;
- Deficiency of Calcium and Vit-D
- After delivery
- During menses
- After menopause and much more...
For treating this problem, seek for a good doctor, know the main cause and start the treatment.
How can we manage back pain with the help of Ayurveda?
Here in the Ayurveda, we are treating back pain into two different ways;
- Shamana Therapy
- Shodhana Therapy
Shamana therapy is basically a meditation which helps in strengthening muscles, veins, nerves and helps in reducing swelling and pain. It is a drug treatment which includes massage. The medicine is poured on the swelled part of the body, in order to get relief from pain and swelling
The other one is Sneha Swed Therapy. It includes oil massage, medicated leaves. The massage with this mixture is extremely helpful in pain relief and selling treatment. It helps in strengthening muscles and give relief to nervous, also it reduces compression.
The second part of the treatment is to reduce the reoccurrence and the compression. That is the Shodhana Therapy which is also called Detoxification process. Here in back pain, we do three types of detoxification process;
- First is the Nasal cleaning. This is basically a cervical problem. In this, we pour some medicated oil or the decoction in the nasal for its cleaning.
- Second is for the lower back, that is, Basti and the Virechana.
Virechana is a loose motion process. This helps in cleaning the bawal and helps in reducing the pain.
- The other one is Basti. This is one of the main treatment in Ayurveda. It is a Panchkarma treatment, which is called Enema. There are two types of Enema- Oil Enema and Khada enema (decoction of medication). This Basti is helpful in reducing the vada which is accumulated in the lower back, causing the back pain. it also helps in reducing the compression.
Sometimes the pain radiates to the legs, which is called Sciatica or Gridhrasi.
So the main treatment is Panchkarma treatment which helps in reducing nervous compression, muscle relaxation and helps in reducing reoccurrence pain.
So this is a small description of Ayurvedic treatment for back pain. Yogasana is also one of the successful treatment for reducing back pain. Here we provide ayurvedic treatment in the best possible way.
You can contact me through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is located in sec 42, 43, near Rapid metro station and another centre is in sec 48, Sohna road.
I am suffering from severe pain in the back side of the shoulder since two days. I have fallen down from then I am suffering from severe pain. I have taken ACELIFT PLUS tablets. What should I do now?
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
In case when a patient suffering from shoulder pain doesn't respond to routine conservative care, then it can be treated with ESWT (Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy). This is a non-invasive and non-operative form of treatment and has no side effects with excellent outcome. Proper rehabilitation before and after any procedure is the key to success.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!