Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratik
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PratikYour feedback matters!
I have a dark circle under my eyes and black spots on my head give me a suggestion and i'm very tired to eaten medicines but there is no impact.
Hi, Recently I have observed that I am losing lot of hair but its only effecting the front portion rest of the areas have dense hair. Have tried many oil and shampoo but its not helping. One of my friend have suggested a lychee treatment which is new to me and after listening to it I had many question in my mind about this treatment. I am not sure how it is going to help in preventing hair loss and getting hair back on bald portion? Is it safe and can anybody go through this treatment? Did some research on Google but didn't receive any satisfactory answer's toward this treatment. So please help me and also do let me know best way of taking care of my hair and any particular hair oil or any shampoo which I can use to make hair more strong. I use parachute after shower cream and Gatsby gel Level 7 for almost a year is it impacting my hair growth .Also want to know what's the best treatment to prevent hair loss don't want to go for hair transplant or some advertised Dr's treatment who charge you a fortune. Thanks in Advance :)
Please tell me that how can I stop my hair fall. I am so worried about that because I am only 18 years old please tell me what can I do to stop my hair fall.
I'm a guy of 17 and im not able to grow beard although it is slightly growing on my cheeks. So suggest me what to do to grow a good thick Beard.
I am suffering from palm cracking since 1 year. I took medicine at that time and I feel better. Now it become more painful. At the centre of palm of to hands I have the crack. please help me to cure it I can't able to eat also.
My face very white in few months ago. But recently what changes if climate or other. My face get too much darkness and black. And black spot. So how to back my natural my white face. What can I do. please suggest me home solution. And natural solution.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!