Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pratibha SinghalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
Tonsillitis is an affliction that plagues a fair share of people. Located at the back of your throat, tonsils are essentially two small glands, which contain white blood cells to defend your body against infection. However, on account of germ attacks, sometimes the tonsils get infected and this results in the swelling of the tonsil glands, which in turn causes sore throat and aligned maladies.
Tonsillitis may be cured through surgical procedures. However, an isolated case of the inflammation of the tonsils need not warrant a surgery. Tonsillectomy or the surgical method of curing tonsillitis is only recommended for extreme cases of tonsillitis. Only the frequent sufferers of tonsillitis take recourse to tonsillectomy for a durable and effective solution. Surgeries are only done on those who have had at least seven bouts of strep throats within a span of a year.
Tonsillectomies essentially involve surgical removal of the tonsils either using a scalpel or burning the tissues in the tonsils with the use of ultrasound vibrations. Usually performed under anesthesia, it is a fairly painless and a non-hazardous procedure. Tonsillectomies generally last for about an hour. However, the recovery period sometimes entail a few physical discomforts. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, pain in the jaws and ears are common symptoms of post tonsillectomy conditions. While there are palliative medicines available in the markets, adequate rest and proper diet speeds up the recovery.
Tonsillectomy generally leaves no side effects and the success rate of this surgery is quite heartening. Tonsillectomy has also known to cure several other associated health problems in the likes of breathing troubles, sleep apnea, bleeding of the tonsil glands or cancerous developments in the tonsil glands. That aside, tonsillectomy is only performed on acute cases of tonsillitis and often regarded as the lender of last resort when medicines stop according any relief to the patient.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.
I am suffering from Continuous dry cough for 1week, severe headache, cold fever can't breathe freely tried many medicine but no relief pls tell me the remedy.
I have bulgum cough before 2-3 year I did x-ray of my chest and all test of tb and its all was negative its means I do not have a tb but my cough dosent go so please tell me what should I do.
I am 38 years old, suffering from Fungal Sinusitis as Dr. found in CT scan (PNS. Kindly advise about how to treatment process.
Sir I was having flu for some days and now blood is coming from my mouth and having stomach pain,what kind of problem is this and I was having tuberculosis for some days. Also my hair is losing color all getting black to white what should I do.
I want tell the about cough problem and this problem increasing day by day but not relief tell me solution of this problem.
I am getting the problem of tonsils from 15 day. And try many medicine but everyone goes failure. Please help me.
I have problem of tonsils. It also bleeds sometimes. It cant be operated because my vocal nerves may get damaged as said by the doctor. I go through a lot of pain sometimes. What should I do now?
I with my wife suffering from cold, cough from last 1. 5 month. We take 15 days treatment from ent doctor but there are no effect. My age 48 and wife 43 yrs. I also suffering with sugar, thyoride and wife with back pain .
I have pain in chest region and pain is acute n unbearable. It happens mostly in stress ,increased workload, cold.I m asthmatic too. I am 51 years old. Pain persist for long. N I could nt work at all.
Do not smoke
Use a humidifier or steam in the bathroom
Drink plenty of fluids
Rest while you have an active infection
Home oxygen therapy will be prescribed
Intake of dairy, which may increase mucus production.
Eliminate eggs, milk, nuts, food coloring, preservatives and additives.
Add onions and garlic.
N-acetyl- cysteine: nac help to dissolve mucus and improve symptoms.
Zinc enhances immune system.
Other supplements include:
Bromelain, lactobacillus, quercetin and vitamin c.
Aromatherapy: running a humidifier with an essential oil such as cedar wood, bergamot, eucalyptus, myrrh, sweet fennel, jasmine, lavender, tea tree, or marjoram at night may help thin mucus and ease cough.