Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Pratiba PatilYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife are planning for a baby. Both are working people. We did all the test and there is nothing abnormal. But when I try to do the intercourse not able to. Me penis is not getting sustained till the time it cums.
My age is 23. My height is 6 ft. My weight is 80 kg. I had habit of masturbating 5 times daily since 5 years by rubbing penis against bed for hours. From six month I am facing all the symptoms of adrenal gland cancer like frequent urination. Excessive hair growth on whole body. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Hig bp 150/100. High level of headache. Abdominal weight gain. Thickened and excessive hair growth on head and eyebrows. Abdominal pain since last week. Till now I had 4 ultrasound of abdomen in 6 month and one mri of abdomen. Nothing came in it except right renal cortical cyst. Do I have chances of adrenal gland cancer?
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 3, I'm suffering from Pcod n TTC since 1+ yrs, my doctor suggested me to take follicular study on CD 9, CD 12 n CD 14. She also prescribed Ovofar for 5 days. Please help me out, what is the procedure of follicular study n how is it useful? What is Ovofar tablet? At what days we can have intercourse (my hubby staying 600 kms far, n nt able to take leave for more than 2 days)? Please help me Thanks in advance.
Causes of Nocturia:
2.Drinking too much fluid during the evening
3.Infection of the bladder or urinary tract
4.Enlarged prostate gland (BPH)
5. Diabetes mellitus
Treatment of Nocturia:
Treatment for nocturia is directed at the underlying cause. For example, improvement in blood sugars can help in uncontrolled diabetes. If an obstructing prostate gland is the cause, a medication or surgery to reduce the size of the prostate will help. The use of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) in someone with sleep apnea can reduce associated nocturia. In a rare condition known as diabetes insipidus, use of a synthetic version of antidiuretic hormone (desmopressin) will help. If taking diuretic medication is responsible, the medication administration may need to be moved to earlier in the day to avoid having to void during the night.
When the underlying cause is not serious enough to warrant specific treatment, several lifestyle measures may help:
Limit fluid intake 3 hours prior to bedtime
Restrict consumption of coffee, caffeinated beverages, and alcohol in the evening.
Elevate legs in the evening to help prevent the development of lower extremity edema.
Wear compression stockings if venous disease is causing fluid accumulation.
Pre-emptive voiding prior to going to bed may delay the need to urinate during the night.
Helo Dr: Kindly help how to tighten the vagina. Actually when I don't discharge my hubbybis not able to intercroos but in discharge he is able to but we don't enjoy tht moment much. So kindly help how toh tighten it.
I am having an endometriosis cyst size 5cm cm rt ovary and 4 cm lt ovary. It had been operated on 2013 but again reoccur. Now after 1 1/2 year my tvs shows a follicular size of 13.5 *13 mm follicle on lt ovary on day 14. My doctor prescribed folic acid along with loprin-75 and asked for sonography again on day 16. Kindly suggest can I conceive naturally.
Please I had unprotected sex with a lady and she took emergency contraceptive (1.5 mg just one pill in box) 4 hours but she told me she was ovulating that same day. Please will the pill be effective against pregnancy since she was ovulating.
My boyfriend can not insert his penis inside my vagina and it is very tight. We used all lubricants and oil. Is there any effects if I insert carrot inside me.
While some couples conceive with ease, conceiving a child can be extremely difficult for others. In cases where a woman is not able to get pregnant despite having regular intercourse in tune with her biological cycle, infertility tests may be suggested to investigate the reason behind this. In most cases, these tests are suggested if a year has gone by without intercourse resulting in a pregnancy. Women may also be said to be infertile, if they cannot carry a foetus to full term.
Infertility can affect both men and women and can be triggered by a number of different reasons. In some cases, it is treatable while in others, alternative ways of having a family may need to be discussed. Hence, it is very important to understand the different types and triggers for infertility and to undergo complete infertility investigations. Some of the common types of infertility investigations are as given below.
- Blood tests: A blood test of both partners is used to assess the general health of the couple and to identify any health factors that may be impeding fertility.
- Tests for women:
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is an X ray that can identify if a blockage or any other issue in the fallopian tubes are the cause for infertility.
- Pelvic ultrasound: This is used to have a look at the anatomy of the female reproductive system and to check for fibroids.
- Laparoscopy / hysteroscopy: This is used to get a clearer picture of the ovaries, uterus and other parts of the reproductive system.
- Tracking cycle: Ovulation and the thickness of the uterus lining may also affect infertility, This can be diagnosed by tracking and assessing the menstrual cycle.
- Tests for men
- Semen analysis:This test is used to get an idea of sperm concentration, motility and the appearance of sperm in a man’s semen. In some cases, the semen may not include any sperm cells. In such cases, a follow up investigation may be required to assess if sperm cells are being created in the testicles. This is known as testicular sperm aspiration or a testicular biopsy.
- Sperm DNA: The DNA in sperm also plays an important role in fertility. This test is used to assess the sperm DNA integrity and to see how it may affect embryo development and chances of an on-going pregnancy.
Infertility treatment depends on the cause identified by the above tests and hence it is important for both partners to undergo complete testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello doctor I am 27 years old can you please guide me about a natural lubricant which should be used while having sex. Most oftenly when I have sex the girls vagina is dry.Please help sir .
i have undergone the uterus removal surgery in the year 2012. now i am suffering from vaginal dryness and sweating in the whole body. what can i do for this problem
I have hypothyroid 35 years of age. Want to go for a child. Will this problem of mine effect my unborn child. Have been on eltroxin since last 10 years. I already have a healthy boy aged 13 years. Thyroid problem started after my son was born. and the levels keep fluctuating. What do you suggest can I go ahead with conception yes or not.
You must have often wondered what’s better for your health - drinking fruit juice or eating whole fruits. Or, you might already be aware about why eating whole fruits is better than drinking them up. Did you know why that’s the case?
While juices may be easier to digest, they still lose the battle to whole fruits when it comes to health benefits.
1. Nutrient content
Many fruits contain edible skins, which are made up of coloured pigments like carotenoids and flavonoids. These pigments are instrumental in protecting your skin from damage that may be caused by exposure to the harmful UV rays of sunlight. So, when you choose fruit juice over fruits, you lose out on this benefit as the juicing process involves the removal of fruit skins.
Also, the juicy pulp of a fruit is rich in fibre and other essential nutrients. For instance orange peels contain vitamin C, which combines with flavonoids to give you healthier skin and stronger bones. Juicing removes the solid parts of the fruit making the beverage devoid of these nutrients. Even if you add pulp to your juice, it only makes up a fraction of the amount contained in raw fruit, and is hence lacking in the benefits that whole fruits offer.
2. Fibre content
Fruit juice has low fibre content in comparison to a fruit as most of the pulp is removed in the process of extracting the juice. For example, consumption of 3-4 apples gives you about 12-15 gm of fibre intake, but if you consume a glass of apple juice containing the same number of fruits, you get only 0.2 gm of fibres.
3. Additive and preservative content
Some acids are present in fruit juices, which have a negative effect on your tooth enamel and roots and can cause tooth decay. People with sensitive teeth are more exposed to the risk of getting damaged teeth if they consume fruit juices regularly. On the other hand, fruits do not come with any such side effects as they don’t contain any artificial additives, which can harm your teeth.
4. Calorie content
There is a prevalent misconception that lack of fibre in fruit juices helps in weight reduction, which makes many people prefer fruit juices over fruits. The truth is that most fruit juices contain added sweeteners (such as sugar), which add to the calorie content of the drink. So, if you want to lose some weight, it’s best to consume whole fruits in place of fruit juices.
Fruit juices may be better alternatives to colas and other carbonated beverages, but are not the best option if you want to be healthier. So, consider the role of fruits in keeping you healthy and whenever given a choice, try to prefer them over fruit juices.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 18 yr old girl i have dry breasts and skin gets peeled off near the areola region beasts are ichy and sometimes they pain i have applied lotion but its not healing
Are you fed up of tweezing, shaving or waxing the unwanted hair, then laser hair removal is the right option for you. Unwanted hair removal from different parts of the body is not only time consuming, but is also a very boring chore, which needs to be carried out on regular intervals. On top of it, the process is accompanied with the worry of bruising skin and often resulting in patches. With laser hair removal, the process has become easier and hassle free.
As per the laser hair removal process, a laser beam hits the individual hair follicle after passing through the skin. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal effectively slows hair growth and typically takes multiple laser hair removal sessions to completely get rid of the unwanted hair. The laser hair removal is most opted for areas such as female facial hair, bikini line hair and back hair for men. The process is most suited for people with light skin and dark hair.
Laser hair removal therapy has been classified in five methods. Although they are all different, but they function on one same principle of converting light to heat producing effect of laser. Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. The process does not require any recovery time which allows one to return to work immediately.
- Ruby Laser Hair Removal was the first cosmetic laser hair removal system. The wavelength of this laser is 694 nm. The laser damages the hair follicles keeping surrounding tissues and structures in the skin safe. It gives long term hair free results and any hair regrowth is thinner, finer and patchier than previous growth. The built-in cooling system continuously cools the skin and is least painful in comparisons with other laser hair removal systems. It can be used on small areas of skin and slow laser repetition rate resulting in better and long treatment times.
- Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal works in a similar manner as the Ruby Laser hair removal system. The wavelength used in this system is 755 nm, which is in the red infrared part of the light spectrum. It is the fastest available laser hair removal treatments. It has excellent penetration rate and can cover large areas of skin. It also work great on albino skin and freckled skin, on which many other laser hair removal systems are ineffective. It is effective on skin with white to olive tones with thinner hair types. It is not suitable for dark skin as the skin pigment can change.
- Diode Laser Hair Removal are made up of diodes or semiconductors operating at wavelength of 800 - 810nm. It can be used effectively darker skin coupled with thick, coarse hair making it popular with men due to its effectiveness on back and chest hair. It is the next most useful hair removal light source and the most promising laser for hair removal. The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people. This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer. Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
- Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal is the most advanced type of laser hair removal system. It works at wavelengths of 1064 nm in a double frequency mode, which creates green light at 532nm wavelengths. It is effective on all skin types, including Asian and dark skin tones. It has a fast rate of repetition and can be used on larger areas of skin.
- IPL or Intense Pulse Light Hair Removal system is a non-coherent laser. It is flexible than laser hair removal, as there is no set laser wavelength. For this treatment parameters are set to suit one's individual needs, giving one a personalised treatment. It can cover large areas of skin and has smaller risk of damaging surrounding tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin or hair related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Are you facing troubles, such as unwanted facial hair, excessive weight gain, irregular periods, and acne on face or sudden hair loss? If you are experiencing any two symptoms, you might be suffering from Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder / Syndrome. Affecting at least 1 in 10 Indian women it is the most common issue facing us today. It is also a leading cause of infertility. Many women ignore the signs and symptoms and fail to consult specialists. PCOS can manifest in many ways- it can have a single symptom or it can be associated with many aspects.
The common signs and symptoms are:
- Irregular or absent menstrual periods.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: As the cycle gets delayed in PCOS, the uterus lining becomes thicker (a condition known as hyperplasia). When a woman starts her periods after a long time, she can experience heavy and prolonged bleeding.
- Oily skin and acne on face and back.
- Darkening and thickening of certain areas of the skin, especially in skin folds of the neck, armpits, and groin.
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or thighs.
- Thinning of hair on the crown of the head.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular problems, including high cholesterol
- Multiple tiny ovarian cysts; some women with PCOS have a large number of tiny follicle cysts (visible by ultrasound) on their ovaries.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a factor. It seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes.
If you are experiencing any of the given symptoms, it is advisable that you consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
PCOS on the rise in adolescents:
Adolescent PCOS is on the rise these days due to change in lifestyle, academic load and lack of physical exercise. In many girls the symptoms commence with irregular periods and weight gain, followed by hair loss and acne. It is imperative that PCOS be diagnosed early so that its secondary issues - insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease can be controlled medically.
How PCOS is diagnosed:
It can easily be diagnosed through a physical examination, simple inexpensive blood tests and most importantly an ultrasound. You should consult a Gynecologist or an Endocrinologist.
How can PCOS be prevented or controlled:
PCOS cannot be prevented but weight control is the key to prevention of metabolic syndrome at a young age. Early diagnosis and treatment can help manage the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
Even post diagnoses exercise, diet control and adherence to medication are essential. One should also document their menstruation cycles dates for clinical aspects.
In some older women who wish to conceive surgical treatment known as laparoscopic drilling of the cysts can be done.