Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hello doctor, My HSG test showed one of my tube is blocked and other is partially block and My first pregnancy turn into miscarriage in march 2015, I am trying hard to conceive from last 6-7 Month. Even my financial condition is not so strong but I want to conceive fast. Please help me. Very upset.
Hi. Can kesar (saffron) be had during first trimester of pregnancy? I have a spoon of diluted kesar (soaked in water) with a glass of milk everyday and would like to know if this is good for my baby or should I start its consumption later. Does consumption of kesar lead to bradycardia or fibroid? Please advise.
Infertility : You are not alone
I meet many ladies everyday who are fighting with infertility. Some express their Desire to have kids and pain associated with infertility openly and some are shy to share anything. People make allowances for all sorts of grief. Infertility is a loss of staggering proportions. A feeling of being incomplete, A feeling of deep emptiness from Inside ....
Those brave ladies who experience it, it can be deep , incomprehensible, painful Bewildering and Mind-numbing. Its not easy loss to define or put into words. Not having a child is something which makes them deeply hurt. I am sharing My experience in the Clinic today , A wonderful lady , very focused and warm person. Expressed her feelings openly with an heavy heart . This emotional Turmoil may be faced by many ladies. Just sharing so that many of us can identify with her and get a positive attitude and rest of us might provide them enough positivity and strength to lead a normal life.
We all will agree that it is sad to not be able to have children, the idea of feeling desperation and wild crippling grief could seem dramatic, excessive and even weak.
She told me that Most common response from the people I meet is the word ' Kum se kum Tumhe cancer , to nahi hai, Tumne baccha to nahi khoya hai, Koi aur serious problem to nahi hai na ''' The word ' KUM se Kum ' ( At least ) can be very disheartening many times.
We all are different and we deal with our emotional status differently. According to her she was not very happy with the ATLEAST concept of sympathizing .
She told ,many times in her fight with infertility she needed positivity around me , needed someone to sit down and hold her hand and say, "I'm so sorry, this must hurt so much. I'm here for you." Anyone who does not have mockery in eyes ,have deep love and compassion in every word and the very fact that they allowed my grief to exist and they heard me was healing. So Simple thing which can make her energized.
Unfortunately, more often, the unintentional message she heard was that of her sadness being undermined, made less by the words "at least."
even I was thinking How could her personal pain possibly measure up against all the greater tragedies in the world?
I found her eyes becoming wet as she described how she cried rivers over the little boys and little girls who would never have her smile or her husband's eyes. she began to have dreams of stumbling down a difficult forest path leading to a pitch black lake where a child was floating face down in the water. Even she wanted to hug her child and feel the simple pleasure of being a MOM. Even I felt my heart go for her... Becoming a Mother can be the most happy experience of anyone's life.
When I was talking to her I realized that There is nothing trivial about grief over infertility. A person can grieve the loss of their dream of a biological family as honestly and deeply as someone else can grieve the loss of a child or parent or partner or their health.
There is no "at least" when it comes to the breaking of the human heart, there is no need to try to measure one person's pain against another to see who is worthy of feeling grief and who isn't.
If some one from your near and dear ones is fighting with Infertility then assure that they have the emotional and mental support from you. A real guidance and taking the medical help at right time can do wonders. But we all require some amount of sensitivity towards their pain. Rest can be done by doctors and medical professionals . The only thing is Power of Positivity and feeling that someone Understands their pain.
I got dermoid cyst surgery 15 days before. My left ovary has been removed due to twisted ovarian cyst. There are any problems in future due to the removal of ovary?
After medical abortion I have within 30 I get the two times periods what we do regular raise the periods.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
I 20 years old and I am taking femilon contraceptive pills. Can I donate blood to my father and as my family don't know of me taking pills can it be detected while donating blood? I don't want anyone to know about me taking pills.
My wife consumed unwanted 72 on Thursday evening and she is having vaginal bleeding today that is wednesday. Is this causing due to the medicine. Are there chances of getting pregnant. According to her this is not her regular period and it's jz the bleeding. Her date of MC is around 23 24 of the month. Can you suggest on this?
Since 2009 I have been menstruating every month, but it has not yet stabilized. Initially I had an 8 day cycle, but gradually it has decreased to 2days a months. The bleeding is also not very heavy and the pain is breath-taking. I experience an abdominal pain even when I am not on my period cycle. Few of my friends have been diagnosed with ovarian- cysts and I fear I have the same because my symptoms match with theirs'. I have developed tiny hair on my chest and back which is not a symptom that normal girls have. If your feel that my concern is valid, please brief me with it's diagnosis and further treatment.
Hi, me and my husband ar planning for our second baby but I really really want to have twins this time. Please tell me the ways of increasing the chances of having twins.
I am 24 years old suffering from disease a kind of obesity am 54 yrs I think I have thyroid but not sure I dnt find any symptoms of thyroid I have a bit menstrual problem I get my periods regularly but bleeding will remain only for two day I eat very less but my weight is increasing day by day. Firstly want to reduce my weight please give any solution.
When one should intercourse before or after ovlution time of a woman. How can we know when a women ovulates. Any symptoms. I am asking these becoz I cannot meet my wife regularly, twice or thrice in a month due to my service/job issue. I am a 35 years old male. Please advise.
My periods r irregular from last 4.5 month. After every 20 days. Legs pain lower back pain n left side pain before one week prior periods headache as well. Burning in lower legs. Wat should I do. Pls suggest.
Hello sir/mam, I really need your help and fast reply please. Please suggest, actually me and my girlfriend had sex on 28th October and my girlfriend had menstruation on 3/4 th of November and instantly she had an ipill then again in the last week of November we had sex using protection but she was worried so she checked in prega news today (8th december), and the results came out negative but till yet she is not having her mens, as also the due date of her menses has gone and its going late. She is 19 years old. Please suggest me do we need to wait for some more days for her menstruation? Because I had heard that menstruation date usually gets delayed after taking ipill. Or do we need to consult a doctor for blood test?
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system.
Smoking during pregnancy can adversely affect not only your health but that of your unborn too. Kicking this habit can help you to have a safer pregnancy as well as a healthier baby. If not, it can lead to a number of serious pregnancy complications including the death of your baby. According to various findings, smoking during this period can double your prospects of having a baby with low birth weight as well as your chance for stillbirth.
What happens when you smoke while pregnant?
The cigarette smoke is made up of about 4000 chemicals, which includes about 60 cancer causing substances, lead, and cyanide. Of these toxins in cigarette smoke, carbon monoxide and nicotine are the two toxins that make up much of smoking-related pregnancy complication. The toxins go directly to your baby through the bloodstream, the only source of nutrients and oxygen for your offspring. By working in tandem, the nicotine and carbon monoxide toxins bring about a decrease in the supply of oxygen for your baby. While nicotine cuts off oxygen supply by constricting the blood vessels, the red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen also pick up carbon monoxide molecules and take them directly to your baby.
What effects does it have on your little one?
When you smoke, you put your baby on harm's way and here's what happens to your baby:
- In terms of weight, it has been revealed that while smoking one pack daily can bring about a 226 gm decrease in the baby's weight, smoking two packs every day can affect your baby's weight by about 453 gm. A stunted growth during this period can negatively affect your child later in life.
- Due to the negative effects of the toxins, the development of your baby's lung and body gets hampered. It may also make your baby prone to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) and asthma.
- It can also increase your baby's chance of suffering from a heart defect. Research shows that babies whose mothers smoke during the first three months of pregnancy have 20-70% chance of developing congenital heart problems compared to babies whose mothers didn't smoke.
- Smoking can affect the development of his brain functions and cause him or her to suffer from low IQ, learning disabilities as well as behavioral issues.
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN