Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratiba Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratiba PatilYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from POCS/POCD. Which cause delay in pregnancy. I am taking treatment from last 2 year. But I didn't get any benefit. please advice me.
Guidelines for normal delivery
Hi friends my name is Deepa Sethia. I am attached as a consultant in Gynea and Obs, Sarvodaya, Sector 8, Faridabad. Today I am going to speak on topic ways to induce labor which can be done naturally or by medications.
The natural ways of induction of labor are like,
- they can be done by a simple walk to a climbing stairs.
- Exercise; they can induce labor, the gravity poses pressure on the cervix and that can result in the dilation of the cervix and ultimately the delivery.
- Next is the Evening Primrose oil; taking this oil orally or putting it into vagina can help in the dilation of the cervix, softening of the cervix and induction of the labor.
- Next is the Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a method in where in the stimulating certain sites in the skin can result in induction of labor. Because the pressure points they induce oxytocin in the body and then that can help in induction.
- Next is the nipple stimulation stimulating the nipples can result in an induction of labor.
Literature mentions the use of red raspberry leaf extract consuming this tea in Linda along with the evening with primrose oil can help in induction of labor. Then there are many medications that help in induction like oxytocin is the method by which the doctors use and in induce labor. Prostaglandin like servi prime gel is inserted into the cervix to help in induction. Then in hormonal methods are include putting a holy catheter into the cervix through the vagina and dilating the balloon end can help in induction. Induction of labor can be done either couple of weeks after the due date or it can be done three weeks prior to the due date. So the due date is an estimation of when a baby is stepping into this world.
These are the ways which are very essential for primary gravitas to know the time of the delivery.
So anything else required in this context you can contact me through lybrate or reach my clinic at Sarvodhya Health Clinic or the Gynae and Neurology Clinic, Sector 86. Thank you.
Hello doctor. The question is about my wife. She have very long irregular periods since age of 9. And now it has become a big problem. She have a irregularity of evry second month. Moreover whenever the periods are about to come. A very severe pain starts and it continues till the periods end. The flow of periods is also very high. I think she have a problem in her pregnancy due to it coz we have tried but she do not get pregnant. Please help us out. Thank you
Dear sir, my wife is suffering from irregular periods i.e. The periods continue with gap between two three days. What is the cure? Sir kindly understand me the cause.
I had a protected sex with condom but after that my partner removed his sperm all over my body including the navel but not inside my vagina so is there any chance of getting pregnant as I missed my period for a month because I am getting mood swings abdominal pain lots of white discharge as well.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), also called hyperandrogenic anovulation (HA) or Stein-Leventhal syndrome is one of the most common endocrine disorders among women. PCOS has a diverse range of causes that are not entirely understood, but there is evidence that it is largely a genetic disease. Others say it is generally a metabolic dysfunction since it is reversible. Even though considered as a gynecological problem, PCOS consists of 28 clinical symptoms.
Common symptoms of PCOS include the following:
Menstrual disorders: PCOS mostly produces oligomenorrhea (few menstrual periods) or amenorrhea (no menstrual periods), but other types of menstrual disorders may also occur.
Infertility: This generally results directly from chronic anovulation (lack of ovulation).
Further information: Infertility in polycystic ovary syndrome
High levels of masculinizing hormones: The most common signs are acne and hirsutism (male pattern of hair growth), but it may produce hypermenorrhea (heavy and prolonged menstrual periods), androgenic alopecia (increase hair thinning or diffuse hair loss), or other symptoms. Approximately three-quarters of people with PCOS (by the diagnostic criteria of NIH/NICHD 1990) have evidence of hyperandrogenemia.
Metabolic syndrome: This appears as a tendency towards central obesity and other symptoms associated with insulin resistance. Serum insulin, insulin resistance, and homocysteine levels are higher in women with PCOS.
Asians affected by PCOS are less likely to develop hirsutism than those of other ethnic backgrounds. With the help of HOMOEOPATHY now no need to worry. We have a solution.
Sir my age is 18 , I am a student , Nd I did sex with my lover without using safety before 17 days , she was afraid of medicines , until now she did not take any care about it but some people told me to keep papaya for her , she had eaten papaya , with that papaya pregnancy wil avoided or not ? Sir please help me.
Sip your way toward better health with green tea. Touted for its numerous health benefits, the most nutrient-packed types contain catechin and antioxidants that fight and might, even, prevent cell damage. Some of the most effective varieties of best green tea are LongJing, Kukicha, Schincha, Gyokuro and Matcha green tea powder. Enjoy wonderful, hot green tea three times in between meals to reap the most benefits.
And in case you’re wondering just what those health benefits of green tea are, drink these in:
1. Green tea weight loss
The benefit here is two-fold: not only does green tea give your metabolism a boost, but also, choosing this drink over other more sugary options will greatly decrease your caloric intake, therefore, green tea and weight loss go hand in hand.
2. Less stress
According to health.com, the amino acid, theanine, in green tea, is known for its calming effect. Research shows that it can reduce both a rising heart rate and rising blood pressure.
3. Cancer prevention
While the jury is still out on if there’s “proof,” some studies have shown that green tea might help eliminate cancer cells; and because green tea is known to assist healthy cells with growth, many feel that drinking this “wonder” beverage might be one of the ways to naturally help your body heal from the inside.
4. Reduced risk of diabetes
Green tea can help prevent both sharp increase in blood sugar after a meal and high insulin spikes (thus, also helping prevent fat storage).
5. Decreased chance of heart disease
Drink green tea and thus, equip your blood vessels with the ability to better withstand changes in blood pressure and formation of clots – the number one cause of heart attacks.
6. Lowered cholesterol
Leave your good cholesterol untouched and bring your bad cholesterol down with regular consumption of green tea.
7. Protection of brain cells
Green tea might have a role in preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s by protecting brain cells from dying and restoring those that are damaged.
8. Stop tooth decay
The aforementioned catechin has the ability to eradicate bacteria and viruses, thus, protecting your teeth from many dental conditions, including tooth decay.
9. Lowered blood pressure
A 2004 study of Chinese tea drinkers showed that drinking as little as a half-cup of green tea daily could potentially lower the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 50%.
10. Less depression
Similar to its effect on those with anxiety, consumption of theanine (a component of green tea), alleviate stress and promote relaxation.
Green tea has been shown to have an antiviral effect on the influenza virus.
The antioxidants in green tea can counteract the effects of free radicals, which are harmful to the skin. When applied topically, green tea can reduce sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
13. Improved brain health
One Swiss study showed that brains of green tea-drinkers had more activity in working-memory area, than brains of those who haven’t included green tea into their diet regimen.
14. Healthy cells
Because the leaves of green tea are not heavily processed, it’s rich in the catechins that could, potentially, prevent cell damage.
Wonderful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea are likely to slow the development of signs of aging.
16. Protection from arthritis
According to CNN, green tea can boost the immune system and reduce joint-destroying substances.
17. Stronger bones
Drinking green tea regularly can help stimulate bone formation and help slow the breakdown and weakening of existing bones.
18. Combat food poisoning
Drinking green tea frequently can protect you from the diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dehydration (that can accompany food poisoning), thanks to powerful bactericidal effects of this wonderful healthy drink.
Green tea benefits also include boosting your immune system. No wonder it’s a favorite in many rehab centres. Prime your immune system to fight off infection with powerful antioxidants in green tea, which can fight off free radicals very efficiently.
20. Prevent asthma
The caffeine in green tea will not just give you a jolt of energy – it can also help those with asthma breathe easier by relaxing their muscles.
I'm a 17 year old girl. I started developing breasts around the age of 10. Since I started developing breasts I've had a semi hard kinda movable lump in both of my breasts. Recently there has been a little pain but that is probably due to the increased dose of birth control (for dysmenorrhea). The.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.