Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PratibaYour feedback matters!
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy.
Dear Dr, I'm 32 years old female. I completed my 3 months pregnancy in 2nd of March. But still mere weakness and vomiting Mai koi improvement nahi aaya hai. Mera 5 kg weight loss Hua hai in months Mai. Please advice me ki koi problem toh nahi hai baby ke growth mai. Mujhe bhook bhi nahi lagti hai. Please help me.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
She has period on 26dec on 20jan she had sex 21 she takes unwanted 72 pill next period got 26 jan 20feb 4 March in between she had no relation the pregnancy test is also negative is still any chance of pregnancy why she not get her next period when will she got her period the date of period to be come is 4 april and till now 16 April she doesn't got her period so when will she get her period and what's the reason?
Is there any check up for check fertility in females. I am not married but had unprotected sex several times but never got pregnant I had a doubt over my fertility. So I want to go through a proper check up to know whether I can get pregnant or not before getting married.
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is in second trimester but now also she is suffering with gastritis and vomiting.What is the reason?
In order to prevent HIV infection and AIDS immunocompromised, you need to have a good explanation and prophylactic referral information. Therefore, it is very important advice and explanation about AIDS. Although AIDS has been known for almost 30 years, the population is still large gaps on the subject, especially in relation to knowledge and the risks of HIV transmission. Relationships with adults infected with HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, and vaginal secretions . However, infection with the spread of airborne pathogens is not possible, as in the case of cold diseases.Therefore, the risk of infection by treatment with AIDS or infected with HIV is very low: Social contact in both work and personal lives, as handshakes, hugs and the like, is completely harmless. The same goes to say for the common use of cutlery, crockery, glasses, toilets or towels, also harmless. There is no evidence of increased risk of infection for people who share the same home or the patient environment. However, some precautions should always be taken into account, for example, do not share the toothbrush or razor, because in the case of injury to perform these functions there may be a small risk of infection. Intimate relationships hide itself a risk of infection, regardless of whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. The fundamental basis for reliable protection against HIV infection and AIDS remains the consistent use of condoms, that is, the safer sex . Safe sex: condoms protectThe basic rules for having a sex safe are blood, semen or vaginal secretions must not reach wounds or open areas of skin or mucosa of sexual partner. Therefore, it is important to use condoms , both anal and vaginal . No condoms, the risk of infection is high, since during intercourse always small lesions can occur. In the case of oral sex is important to prevent both sperm and vaginal secretions come in contact with the oral mucosa, lips or tongue of the couple. If these precautions are taken into account, they can keep sex without any problems. Add that kissing is also harmless. The condom is a widely used method of contraception among young people today. In a 2010 survey singles between 16 and 44 years, only one in ten said physical strength to use condoms; in 1989, the ratio was one in five respondents. This greater acceptance brings added one more advantage is that more and more people are protected and protect others from infection with HIV and other STDs. In 2009, seven out of ten respondents from a group between 16 and 20 years said carrying condoms. Among sexually active people, this increases even eight out of ten. More important than having the intention of having a practice safe sex is really using condoms. Between 2004 and 2009 amounted proportion (61 to 70%) of sexually active people (between 16 and 20 years) who always or very often used condoms. But also in the new relations plays an important role on safe sex : in 2010, 85% of men and 89% of women used condoms at the beginning of a new relationship.
आंवला, बहेड़ा और हरड़ से तैयार त्रिफला अपने खास गुणों के कारण जाना जाता है। त्रिफला को पाउडर के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। जड़ी-बूटी के गुणों वाले त्रिफला में पोषण और बड़ी मात्र में विटामिन सी मौजूद रहता है। इसके अलावा औषधीय गुणों से युक्त त्रिफला के सेवन से कई तरह की तकलीफें दूर हो जाती हैं।
* अध्ययन में यह बात सामने आई है कि त्रिफला रक्त संचार को ठीक रखने के साथ ही कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करता है।
* यह उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में मदद करता है और पाचन सुधारता है।
* त्रिफला में एंटीआक्सिडेंट के गुण पाए जाते हैं। इसमें एलर्जी और एचआईवी विरोधी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं।
* यह एनीमिया से जुड़ी तकलीफ, थकान और पाचन में होने वाली कठिनाई को दूर करता है।
* त्रिफला निमोनिया, तपेदिक और एड्स जैसे रोगों में भी लाभदायी होता है।
* आंखों से जुड़ी समस्याओं में भी त्रिफला कारगर साबित होता है। एक कटोरी पानी में एक चम्मच त्रिफला को दो घंटे तक छोड़ दें। उसके बाद उसे कपड़े से छान कर पानी से आंखों को धो लें। यह पानी आंखों के लिए फायदेमंद होता है।
* इसके सेवन से कब्ज की शिकायत दूर होती है। इसके लिए त्रिफला को रात में गरम पानी के साथ लें।
* असमय बाल सफेद होने की समस्या से मुक्ति मिलती है
My daughter is 14year old and her period has started; she often complaints of her headache. Is it general complaints?
Green tea has been promoted as one of the healthiest beverages around. It is made from the same kind of leaves (camellia sinensis) as generic black tea or oolong tea. The primary difference is that while processing the leaves for green tea, the withering and fermentation procedures are avoided, which helps the leaves retain more nutrients. However, green tea comes with quite a few side effects just like ordinary tea or coffee. They are:
1. Digestive problems
Since green tea is not put through the oxidation or fermentation process, the tannins present in the leaves are not removed. Tannins, can cause nausea and constipation by producing more gastric acid. Adding a little milk to your tea might help with this problem.
2. Reduced absorption of iron
Green tea contains catechins- antioxidants, which can block the absorption of iron from food. Iron deficiency has a number of negative impacts, the most threatening one being anemia where red blood cell formation is hindered. Anemia causes fatigue because sufficient oxygen is not circulated throughout the body due to low haemoglobin levels.
3. Problems with the nervous system
Green tea contains caffeine, just like tea or coffee, though its caffeine content is lower. Excessive consumption can lead to insomnia-like tendencies, heightened anxiety, frequent urination, irregular heartbeat, muscle cramps etc.
4. Risks during pregnancy
Caffeine decreases calcium content in the body, leading to weaker bones, which is an alarming symptom in an expecting mother. Also, caffeine, catechins and tannins are individually related to increased risks of miscarriage and other negative effects. Tannins and catechins passed on to breast milk can also block absorption of nutrients like proteins and fats in an infant's system.
5. Reactions with medication
Several chemical drugs are extremely reactive to the polyphenols in green tea, especially stimulant drugs like nicotine, ephedrin and amphetamine. Green tea reduces the functioning of lithium and dipyridamole. The polyphenols may also block the healing properties of the anti-cancer drug name bortezomib. Any kind of interference with your regular medication may impact your health adversely.
6. Negative impact on patients with glaucoma
The disease impairs the optic nerve and green tea increases the pressure on the eye within minutes of drinking it because caffeine accelerates intraocular pressure. The effects take more than an hour to subside.