Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have an abortion 2 years ago, that was my first baby. Now I want to get pregnant. But my periods are irregular. Please tell me what should i do?
My Wife is detected with blood sugar in Diabetic range i.e Fasting - 145 and PP- 154 and Hb1Ac-6.7.We are also trying for pregnancy. Does she need medication with this level of Hb1Ac. And does there will be any problem in conceiving and if pregnancy?
Can virgin become pregnant if boy ejaculates near her vaginal part without penetrating into her and without breaking her hymen.
Dear Doctor I am Carrying with 8th month pregnancy and in 7th month I done with scanning. In Scanning EDD is 06/03/2017. Now I have query that delivery will going to happen in What EDD date was given? And I am working lady still how many days I can continue working. Can I work till FEB mid days. Please let me know the details. I am so thankful if I got answer.
I am 17 years old girl and I will get very late periods why? last time I get my periods 15 march and today is 7 may I can't get my monthly periods.
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.
I'm a 24 year old girl having menstrual since 24 days. Taking ayurvedic medicines from 10 days not relaxed. Kindly advice me.
Hi I am 15 weeks pregnant and today something hit on my stomach, is this harmful to my baby? should I go to the doctor?
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and reduced sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
My friends has started work out in gym from 45 days and she is using weight gainer supplement once in a day. And the problem is she have 2 weeks early periods. Is it harmful.
M a 22 years old girl suffering from pcod. I had sex abt a mnth ago. I took a test a week ago and it shows negative. I cnslted a doctor and she gave me tab regulate for my period a dose of 4 days. Today the dose is finishing. No signs of periods yet. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Help me doctors m too scared.
I am 44 years old lady not yet conceive, trying but fail, please suggest medicines and other treatment for natural. For me and my husband.
Dear sir/mam, After preganancy my tummy is not flattend. Its look that I'm again pregnant. So, kindly suggest how I flat my tummy.
My wife is not responding to physical relation is this any problematic in her body or anything else.
Sweating is a normal function of the body, but some people sweat so much that their clothes are often drenched in sweat. Hyperhidrosis is a condition where the amount of sweat produced by the sweat glands cannot be regulated. It is characterized by excessive sweating commonly seen in the underarms, palms and soles. This disorder can affect a person at any age and if left untreated, can become a lifelong condition. Though this condition is not a serious threat to your health, it can be quite embarrassing and can hamper your lifestyle.
In many cases, there is no obvious trigger for Hyperhidrosis, and it is caused by the malfunctioning of the nervous system. This is known as primary Hyperhidrosis. Sweat is a function which helps the body cool itself. In cases of primary Hyperhidrosis, the brain sends a message to the sweat glands to produce sweat even though the body does not need to be cooled. A genetic mutation may also be the cause for some cases of Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis with obvious trigger factors is known as secondary Hyperhidrosis. While primary Hyperhidrosis mostly affects the underarms, groin, palms and soles, secondary Hyperhidrosis can affect all parts of the body. Some of the common triggers for this condition are:
- Low blood sugar
- Medication side effects
- Alcohol or drug withdrawal
- Parkinson's disease
Hyperhidrosis can be challenging to diagnose and treat. Lifestyle changes are the easiest way to address this disorder. Some changes that can help you fight Hyperhidrosis are:
- Avoid spicy food and alcohol
- Replace deodorants with antiperspirants
- Choose cotton fabrics over synthetic fabrics
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Try using armpit shields and wearing absorbent socks.
Anticholinergic or antimuscarinic medicines can also help treat Hyperhidrosis. This keeps the nervous system from activating the sweat glands. Dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, abdominal cramps and difficulty in passing urine are some of the side effects associated with this medication. Iontophoresis is a more aggressive form of Hyperhidrosis treatment. This involves passing a weak electric current through a wet pad to the affected area to block the sweat glands. It is usually used to treat excessive sweating in the palms and soles.
Botox injections can also help treat Hyperhidrosis by blocking the brain signals to the sweat glands. However this is not a permanent cure and may need to be repeated after a year or so. Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy or a surgery to remove the sweat glands may also be recommended in extreme cases of Hyperhidrosis. This is usually seen as a permanent solution for excessive sweating, but are relatively new procedures and hence not very common.
Hello sir/madam, good morning my question is about sex. During the intercourse with my wife she felt that she is gone loo so please give me suggestion about this and if there is problem in this suggest me cure for that. Hope your week going well.
The human body consists of a wide variety of bacteria which are either good or bad for your body. The general image of bacteria is that they only cause harm to your body, but this is not the actual scenario and there are many types of good bacteria as well which are actually beneficial for your health. Probiotics are health supplements that usually contain live bacteria to be consumed in solid or liquid form. One of the most important functions of probiotics is that they help in ensuring a functional and healthy digestive system.
Why are they beneficial for you?
Whenever you experience a fall in the good bacteria count inside your body due to activities like taking heavy antibiotic medications on a regular basis, then probiotics come into the picture. Probiotics actually reverse the change caused by antibiotics and raises the good bacteria inside your body. Additionally, probiotics also help in maintaining a proper balance between the good and the bad bacteria inside your body.
All the probiotics are classified into 2 broad groups, but you should always consult your dietician before choosing a probiotic for yourself.
- Lactobacillus - This is the most common form of probiotic, which is usually present in fermented foods and yoghurt. It is most beneficial in cases where people cannot digest lactose (the sugar present in the milk consumed).
- Bifidobacterium - This is the second category of good bacteria and it mostly regulates and speeds up the activities related to your digestive system. It is usually found in most of the dairy products and it helps to cure a disorder called Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
In order to ensure safe usage of probiotics, you should always consult your doctor before opting for such a health supplement.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.