Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ChikalkattiYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor,29 years old with two kids, I have a doubt please help me by answering, during the period time is there possibility to get pregnant? If we get into un secrue intercourse?
Hi I'm 35years old female my periods r irregular from starting last 1.5 years I bleed only when I go to toilet & it stay only 2days period is this a serious thing I take every day 100mcg hypothyroidism tablet my weight is 64kgs. So can you please reply. Thank you.
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. For women aged 35 and older, inability to conceive after 6 months is generally considered infertility. Repeated pregnancy loss (2 or more spontaneous pregnancy losses) can also be considered infertility. Recent estimates indicate infertility affects 10-15 percent of the population in their childbearing years.
If you experience recurrent pregnancy loss, or if you have not been able to become pregnant within a year (six months if the woman’s age is over 35, 2-3 months if over 40), then you may benefit from assessment and treatment by a reproductive endocrinologist - a doctor with a special interest, training and expertise in the area of infertility. It’s a state that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system.
The causes for infertility could be:
Male factor - erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory dysfunction, problems with quality, count and quantity of semen
Female factor - tubal factor, ovulatory problems, abnormality of uterus, hormonal imbalance
The prime symptom is very obvious i.e. unable to have baby despite of having sex without any contraceptives.
Factors affecting fertility:
Age: Female fertility gradually declines in the 30s, particularly after age 35. Each month that she tries, a healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
Smoking: It increases risk of getting infertile and reduces the chances of treatment.
Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol is said to lower the sperm count in men.
Obesity: An overweight person has a higher chances of having sperm abnormality.
Workout: Less or very heavy work out is said to increase the chances of infertility.
Mental Stress: Studies suggests that ovulation and sperm production may be affected by mental stress. If at least one partner is stressed it is possible that the frequency of sexual intercourse is less, resulting in a lower chance of conception.
Sexually Transmitted Infections can also adversely affect the fertility of a person.
When to take further advice and course of action?
In case the women trying to conceive is less than 35 years of age, then 12 months and if more than 35 years, then in 6 months itself one needs to get in touch with the Specialist/Reproductive Endocrinologist/Gynaecologist or a Urologist for a complete diagnosis.
Many cases of apparent infertility are treatable. Infertility may have a single cause in one of the partners, or it could be the result of a combination of factors in both men and women.
There are many treatments available that improve the chances of having a baby. Such treatments include:
Drugs for fertility
Surgery in some cases
Also one the oldest form of medications such as Ayurveda as well as Homeopathy is said to have a wonderful treatment of Infertility. With the developments in medical sciences, there are lot of treatments available; however, such treatments sometimes become the victim of their own success causing multiple births – Two, Three or may be more.
Some Assisted Treatments are:
In Vitro Fertilization
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
Donation of Sperm or Egg
Electric or Vibratory Stimulation to achieve ejaculation
Surgical Sperm Aspiration
It is important to understand the complete treatment before going ahead and be aware of the possible outcomes and be psychologically ready.
Please do not keep it to yourself and consult an expert. Never go for self medication!
During sex what type of hormone produce in female. If I want to produce hormone in large amount during sex. what type of foods and fruits I want to eat and how to identify my hormone is coming outside during sex.
A novel study from Karolinska Institutet and University of Michigan in the U.S. shows that gaining weight from one pregnancy to the next can increase the risk that women will face stillbirth or lose their second babies within the first year of life.
SWEDEN : A novel study from Karolinska Institutet and University of Michigan in the U.S. shows that gaining weight from one pregnancy to the next can increase the risk that women will face stillbirth or lose their second babies within the first year of life. The findings are being published in The Lancet and build on data from more than 450,000 women in Sweden.
"These tragic events are still very rare among infants of mothers with high weight gain. However, as many women gain weight between pregnancies, our results are very important from a public health perspective", says principal investigator Sven Cnattingius, professor of reproductive epidemiology at Karolinska Institutet.
In their study, researchers reviewed data from the first two pregnancies of nearly 457,000 women who gave birth in Sweden from 1992 to 2012. The women's information was recorded in the Swedish Medical Birth Register, which since 1973 has collected information on about 98 percent of all births in that country. Weight was assessed at the beginning of each pregnancy. The results show that stillbirth risk rose with larger gains in body mass index (BMI) from first to second pregnancy. Compared with women who kept their weight, women whose BMI increased more than four units had a 50 percent increased risk of stillbirth.
Among women of normal weight in first pregnancy, high weight gain also increased the risk of infant mortality: when their BMI increased by 4 units or more, risk of infant mortality increased by 60 percent. On the other hand, the results also point to the opposite situation. Women who were overweight by their first pregnancy, defined as a BMI of 25 or more (corresponding to at least 70 kg of women with average height), but who lost weight before the second pregnancy, reduced their risk of infant mortality.
Every fifth women in the study material gained so much weight that it influenced risks of stillbirth and infant mortality (i.e. at least 2 BMI units, corresponding to 5.5 kg). However, the researchers point out that stillbirth and infant mortality are very rare events in Sweden, and only 2.4 per 1000 births resulted in a stillbirth and 2.1/1000 in infant mortality. There are annually around 100,000 births in Sweden.
"Previously, we have published that risks of stillbirth, infant mortality and morbidity increase with maternal weight, and in this new study we find that find that weight gain influence mortality risks. Taken together, our results support the conclusion that mother's weight per see may influence infant chances of survival", says Dr Cnattingius. "Still, the explanation for the findings is still speculative. We cannot differentiate from the data whether it is the weight gain during the pregnancy or in between pregnancies that is of significance".
Financial support was provided by the Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare, and a Karolinska Institutet Distinguished Professor Award to Sven Cnattingius.
When I passing urine that time pain coming. And I looked that urine. It containing small white particles. What is that? Is a disease?
आंवला, बहेड़ा और हरड़ से तैयार त्रिफला अपने खास गुणों के कारण जाना जाता है। त्रिफला को पाउडर के रूप में इस्तेमाल किया जाता है। जड़ी-बूटी के गुणों वाले त्रिफला में पोषण और बड़ी मात्र में विटामिन सी मौजूद रहता है। इसके अलावा औषधीय गुणों से युक्त त्रिफला के सेवन से कई तरह की तकलीफें दूर हो जाती हैं।
* अध्ययन में यह बात सामने आई है कि त्रिफला रक्त संचार को ठीक रखने के साथ ही कोलेस्ट्रोल को कम करता है।
* यह उच्च रक्तचाप को कम करने में मदद करता है और पाचन सुधारता है।
* त्रिफला में एंटीआक्सिडेंट के गुण पाए जाते हैं। इसमें एलर्जी और एचआईवी विरोधी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं।
* यह एनीमिया से जुड़ी तकलीफ, थकान और पाचन में होने वाली कठिनाई को दूर करता है।
* त्रिफला निमोनिया, तपेदिक और एड्स जैसे रोगों में भी लाभदायी होता है।
* आंखों से जुड़ी समस्याओं में भी त्रिफला कारगर साबित होता है। एक कटोरी पानी में एक चम्मच त्रिफला को दो घंटे तक छोड़ दें। उसके बाद उसे कपड़े से छान कर पानी से आंखों को धो लें। यह पानी आंखों के लिए फायदेमंद होता है।
* इसके सेवन से कब्ज की शिकायत दूर होती है। इसके लिए त्रिफला को रात में गरम पानी के साथ लें।
* असमय बाल सफेद होने की समस्या से मुक्ति मिलती है
When I was doing more work at home I become lazy and can not give my husband happy. What should I do? and say about real sex and fun.
In today's world, the number of working moms all over the world is more than ever. Such women have a huge two-fold task of balancing between work and home, which includes looking after their children and managing their work at office. Balancing the two ends can make life hard for a working mother.
Here are some effective ways to find balance in motherhood for working mothers:
- Find good child care: While you are out for work all day, it is very important for you to get a good babysitter or nanny for your child. You could should seek references from people and find a patient and quality babysitter for your child. It is important to manage and evaluate the babysitter on all the criteria you require. An experienced and friendly sitter would make your child comfortable.
- Keep the morning easy: Get things organized at night so that you can keep the mornings hassle free. Use the mornings to prepare your child’s lunch and laying out clothes. Plan all kinds of family schedules during this time.
- Maintain a family calendar: You should maintain a calendar to figure out the priorities of your family. You can maintain bill payment dates, a chore calendar for your kids, a list of all important events and other required charts. This will enable you to maintain everything, in spite of your busy schedule and enable you to strike a better balance.
- Stay connected during daytime: You should try to stay connected with your children, even when you are away. You should call them frequently or send them cute messages or voice recordings and videos. This will keep them happy and they will miss you less. They will be more comforted and feel loved that you are near instead of being away at work.
- Keep away from distractions and time wasters: You should stay disciplined and maintain a limit on making phone calls or checking mails. Try to do these activities when your children are asleep. Cut down your television watching time and spend the evenings with your partner. When you are spending time with your children, do not multitask and give them your total attention. At work, try not to waste time and return home as soon as work gets over.
- Arrange family activities: You must make time for your kids in order to nurture your bond and get along with them. During their growing up phase, your child requires a major chunk of your time. Make special family dinners, watch movies with your family in the home theater and engross in different games. Spending time with your partner is also very important.
Life is quite difficult for working mothers who have to balance work and family together. In order to maintain a balance, follow the above-mentioned measures and lead a happy and fulfilling life.
My friend she used to have a normal menstrual cycle of 28 days. She got intimate with her boyfriend in Oct after which she took I pill on 25oct. After which which she had her periods on 2 nov unlike her normal date of 15. Again on 19 Nov she had her menses which ended on 23 nov.(this date was in sync with her usual cycle) They again got intimate on 25 Nov but as they did use protection she didn't consume any pill. Today she is complaining of sore breasts and some sort of elevations on the areola. Was the bleeding on 2 Nov a side effect of the drug? If considered so then 25 Nov would have had been a safe zone. Sore breasts can be simply a pre-period thing? Recently she has also been complaining about hair fall, dryness of skin, having episodes of feeling of fainting but not actually fainting, postural hypotension. Are all these suggestive of some other condition?
Im trying for baby from last one year. Im 32 and my husband is 40. My latest ahm report is 0.023,rubella 1.62, serum prolactin 10.83.infection detected is pid. Advised for egg donor. Is there any homeopathic medicine for increasing ahm to conceive naturally. I am overweight and height is 5'2"
1) Watermelon - Watermelons have more water than pulp and are easily available. Not only will this relax you but also hydrates you at the end of a very tiring day.
2) Cucumber - With less than 20 calories in a cup of cucumbers, this hydrating food is ideal to carry with lunch boxes to work, or eat at home. They cool and hydrate you at the same time. The seeds are also known to be high in nutrients and health benefits.
3) Tomatoes - Tomatoes and their health benefits are widely known. They cool your stomach and hydrate you. Tomatoes are also good for diabetes and cardio-vascular problems, and are a rich source of many nutrients like dietary fiber, vitamins ? C, A, E, K and B6, potassium and many more.
4) Lemon - Lemon is a super food. Mixed with water, in different temperatures, it helps in weight loss to combating dehydration. Mixed in water with a pinch of salt and a spoonful of sugar, the lemon water mixture is known to cool, energise and hydrate the body.
5) Curd - This is a staple in most Indian homes. Store bought or homemade, it is good to eat a small bowl full of curd every day. A delicious coolant, you can spice it up any way you wish to - by adding fruits to it, or by adding masalas or by eating it straight with just a tiny pinch of salt.
6) Coconut water - Easily available on road sides, coconut water is your ideal drink on the go. While you can surely have it at home, it is highly recommended for students and professionals who are out in the sun, during the day. An immediate energizer, coconut water can be your savior from heat spells.
7) Melons - Just like watermelons, melons and muskmelons too have high water content. The fruit is said to have 90 percent water apart from the nutrients.
8) Buttermilk - Easy to make and easily available in the market, buttermilk can be customized as per individual taste. It is light in the tummy, cools and dehydrates the system.
9) Mint - An inexpensive herb, mint has amazing cooling qualities. Churn it into chutney or just drop a few leaves into your bottle of drinking water, these leaves will keep your insides cool and mind fresh with their mild fragrance.
10) Onions - Red onions in particular are known to have very high water content. Include them in your meals or have them raw, how you eat is up to you.
If you have any further questions, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I delivered a baby girl on 4th may through cesarean operation. But my belly size has increased. please suggest me to decrease belly size.
Hi I am 35 years old male. Having blood in urine from 7-jul-2015 till date but no pain as such. I met a urologist and he asked me for certain tests including blood, urine tests and ct scan. A mass of around 13" 16 mm is found in urine bladder. Am I suffering from cancer, if yes, what stage it may be? is it treatable?
What medicine or tablet is good in mensuration period? And how much time to take? in mensuration pain.
PCOD is endocrinal,reproductive and metabolic disease.
It needs proper investigations and treatment.
Day by day Pcod incidence is increasing.
Change in lifestyle is one of the basic cause for it.
According allopathy treatment is
Weight reduction, Regularate the menses by hormonal pills, metformin tablets for insulin resistance,sometimes laperoscopic drilling for cysts etc. But it seems that sometimes it is not satisfactory and recurrence of symptoms after discontinuation of treatment.
Ayurveda is best option in such cases .
Sometimes integrated treatment (i.e.Ayurved & Allopath) also beneficial in such cases.