Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima ChikalkattiYour feedback matters!
My wife is 26 years old with no medical issues. We were just wondering what would be the ideal age for trying to have a baby. We don't want to rush, but don't want to go to a critical age too (that increases complications). Please tell.
Indulging in the regular intercourse routine starts getting monotonous and might take a toll on your love life in a big way. Thus, it is absolutely necessary to add spice to your regular diet, it is also important to spice up your sex life by adding more variation.
Here are seven ways in which you can work up the spice levels in your sex life:
- Indulge in foreplay: Foreplay is like warming up before the real run. Adding more variations of foreplay to your sex routine will help spice it up. You could opt for oral sex and more fingering and caressing before the actual intercourse which will help in heightening your orgasm as well.
- Diverse sex positions: Instead of sticking to the same old missionary position, try and spice up your sex life by trying out more positions like doggie, 69,G-whiz etc. Exploring new positions add variation to your sex life and help in arousing the different stimulation points in your body for maximum pleasure.
- Don’t restrict yourself to the bed: Go beyond the bed and explore newer areas to have sex in such as the kitchen slab or in the shower. This change in location will add more thrill to your sex life.
- Talk dirty: Moan and talk dirty to your partner occasionally during sex. This will arouse them as well as you and make things more exciting. You could also address your partner as master/sir/mistress/ma’am during sex for an exciting role-play.
- Incorporate food into your sex routine: You could smear chocolate sauce or whipped cream all over your partner’s body and lick it off. This will add a fresh element to your foreplay. Also, invest in aphrodisiac foods such as chocolate, strawberries and bananas during sex.
- Feel sexy: You can only appear to be sexy when you feel sexy and confident internally. Pamper yourself with sexy lingerie and aromatherapy oils which will make you feel like a sex Goddess instantaneously.
- Invest in sex toys: With a huge range of sex toys available in the market, it would only make sense to invest in them in order to spice up your sex life. You could go for vibrators and penis rings for starters and if you and your partner are the experimental kind, the sky is your limit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Diwali is the celebration of lights. However, it has also become associated with noise, smoke and pollution. This can be credited to a large number of firecrackers, which are burst as part of Diwali celebrations. Pollution affects not only your skin but also your internal health and can lead to a number of health problems such as:
Smoke is a common byproduct of every firecracker. These suspended particles in the air, when inhaled, can lead to a number of respiratory problems. In some cases, this floating particulate matter may also contain heavy metal oxides and salts that can get deposited in the lungs and cause irreversible damage. Asthmatic patients often see a sudden spike in respiratory attacks around Diwali.
To deal with respiratory issues during Diwali, wear face masks to limit the inhalation of noxious fumes. Those who are suffering already from respiratory concerns should get themselves examined after Diwali to be on the safe side.
While bursting crackers, a small residue of particulate matter is often left behind on your fingers. Since bursting crackers and enjoying sweetmeats go hand in hand on Diwali, there is a high chance of ingesting these chemicals. Even washing your hands may not get rid of all the chemical traces. This can lead to indigestion and a number of other digestive problems.
Take care to wash your hands thoroughly with soap before you touch any food item. You can use a sanitizer as well for extra protection. If you experience any gastric discomfort, visit a physician without delay.
Pollution is not measured only by the levels of particulate matter in the air. Excessive noise that goes over the permissible decibel level leads to noise pollution. This can be in the form of noise emitted by firecrackers, loudspeakers etc. Noise pollution can lead to temporary deafness and damage the ear as well. It can also lead to sleeping problems, high blood pressure and permanent hearing loss.
To avoid noise-related problems, use ear plugs and keep your doors and windows closed. Heart patients should, especially get themselves checked by a doctor after Diwali or if a problem suddenly arises during festivities.
Many children and adults suffer from skin irritations and eczema during Diwali. This is largely due to pollutants in the air and chemical residue left on the skin. To keep skin problems at bay, drinks lots of water, use moisturiser, avoid fried food, cover your face with a cloth while burning crackers and wash your face afterwards thoroughly. For those already suffering from skin worries, consult your doctor for guidance.
The best way to limit your exposure to harmful chemicals and pollutants during Diwali is by celebrating an eco-friendly Diwali and saying ‘no to crackers’. Additionally, try to stay indoors in the evening when crackers are being burnt and close all the windows and doors. Wearing a mask can also help prevent the inhalation of poisonous gases. This is especially necessary for people suffering from asthma and other such respiratory illnesses. Air pollutants do not clear away immediately and are present in the air for many days after Diwali as well. Hence, try staying indoors and keep the windows of your car rolled up for the next few days after Diwali as well.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up.