Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hi, I am 26 and my getting married this November. The problem that i am facing is of anger. I get angry a lot and that too without any reason. Sometimes i feel like i'm exploding in my mind. I want to get out of it. I really want to get rid of this. I want to feel happy. I love the person m getting married to but i burst out to him all the time. Sometimes i feel like i do not want to go home. I really want to know what is happening in my mind. I get irritated easily with the small issues. M just not happy with the behavior of my family. I feel like they don't love me. I feel like ignored at my own house. Please help me or suggest me what to do to feel positive. I want to get rid of this anger.
I am 19 (female, I used to sleep at least 8-9 hours but morning I feel tired n sleepy as if I have never slept before. Till evening same tiredness remains. And after 5-6pm I feel energetic I can't even concentrate on ma studies also. How to get rid of this problem.
Hello Doctor, I am writing you this mail on behalf of my mother who is suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Below is her brief history : My mother aged 57 has been a patient of OCD since last 25 years and was under medication of a psychiatrist. She was regularly taking Ocifril tab due to which her illness was in control. However, since last 3 years, she has stopped the medicine as she was feeling quite relaxed and the illness too was under control. But still there were some circumstances wherein we could see some signs of OCD surfacing in between wherein we advised her to start the Ocifril tab again. Within 10-15 days of resuming the tab again, she experiences some menstrual spotting (Her periods have stopped since last 4 years) which in turn further aggravates the OCD. So she stops the pill consumption fearing spotting. Now, we have reached a stage wherein she is unable to take the Ocifril tab, neither her OCD is under control. Hence, with great hopes, i am awaiting a response from you to help me cure this. Also it would be of great help if you could suggest a medicine that can be consumed along with Ocifril that would prevent spotting. Also, she is currently undergoing treatment for thyroid as well. Please assist us.
How to come over anxiety, I take alprax 0.5 since last 18 years HS. Can I stop Alpara, sometimes I have to take 0.25 to overcome anxiety in daytime.
I am 26 year old male. I have been smoking for last 8 years. For the past few months I am experiencing severe cough which doesn't go away. Is this caused due to my smoking habit or something else? Should I be worried?
I am getting sex thoughts every day if I have seen a lady who seems sexy and I am unable to control. Please help.
I am engineering student, Some day before some people said me, engg. Is not for you" because I was fail From that moment I am upset, unable to concentrate on study, Confidence goes down, What I do for increase confidence?
I am 44 years old. For the last 5 to 6 years, my ability to concentrate and remember have reduced significantly. My long term and short term memory has significantly reduced. I have no other health problems.
Pets can be amazing companions and help you cope with your life problems. There can be times when you might feel low and lack motivation to do anything; a pet can change that scenario and bring about a positive change in your life. They keep you engaged and help you take your mind off from various problems in your professional and personal life.
Here are few reasons why having a pet can significantly improve your mental health:
- Petting lowers stress levels: Petting your furry friends is a major stress buster. It has been observed that petting a dog or a cat releases the hormone called oxytocin, which is associated with lowered anxiety and stress levels. When you connect with your pet and engage yourself in grooming and petting, it naturally reduces your blood pressure and lowers the level of cortisol, thereby, producing a calming effect.
- Pets reduce loneliness and isolation: Pets can constantly keep you company, if you don't like being lonely. Dogs and cats can make friends easily and due to their intuitive nature, they can sense it when you are feeling low. They refuse to leave you alone and provide your mental support. Pets also help you socialize especially if you take them out for a walk. They help you interact with other pets and their owners.
- Pets are great listeners and they keep you engaged: Pets can distract you from your problems and stressful situations, which plague your mind. You and your furry mate can spend a wonderful time playing games or by simply clicking pictures together. Pets are also good listeners and hence you can vent out your feeling without the fear of being judged. They help you heal and get over certain things which would otherwise be a lot more difficult to overcome.
- They love you unconditionally and keep you happy: Seeing your pet welcoming you after a hard day at work can instantly lift your mood and make you smile. They love you no matter what mistakes you made and keep you energized, positive and motivated. Caring for your pet and reciprocating their love can make you less self centered and more motivated towards your goals.
Related Tip: "Effects of Alcohol on Mental Health"
Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. Sir/madam I use to sleep for 8 hours but whenever I wakeup my full body get pain it seems that not to wakeup. And my legs are also pain, sir my sugar level is normal, but doesn't satisfying after wakeup. May be I am suffering from insomnia. Kindly suggest me. Thanks.
When the vocal cords suffer from the accumulation of non-cancerous and abnormal growth, these are known as vocal cord lesions. These lesions usually cause a variety of voice and speech related problems. These are also known as singer’s nodules and nodes, which may be caused by pressure, stress and stretching of the vocal cords. Women between the age of 20 to 50 are more prone to this condition. Here is everything you need to know about the types, causes and treatment of these lesions.
Types: There are three kinds of vocal cord lesions, that is nodules, polyps and cysts. A vocal cord polyps may be caused on one side of the vocal cords and may also lead to many disturbances in one’s voice. Another type of vocal cord lesions includes a mass of tissue that may manifest in the sac or membranes around the vocal cord. This cyst can be on the surface of the vocal cord or in the ligaments of the vocal cord. This may require surgical removal as well as voice therapy thereafter. Nodules are the third type of lesion that may form in the vocal folds. These are basically calluses that may disappear once the pressure and overuse of the vocal cords diminish.
Causes: These lesions are usually benign or non-cancerous growths that may be caused due to a variety of reasons. Screaming and overuse of vocal cords are few of the most common reasons for the eruption of such lesions. The heavy use of one’s voice can cause quite a bit of trauma to the vocal cords and may lead to problems including lesions and disturbances in one’s voice. Conditions like reflux and allergic reactions may also cause vocal cord lesions as a side effect.
Symptoms: From hoarseness to pain, there are a number of symptoms caused by this condition. A low pitch and difficulty while speaking are also some of the common symptoms of this condition. Patients suffering from the growth of such lesions will also find themselves making an effort in order to speak normally and to be heard. Constant throat clearing may be required as well.
Treatment: Besides giving your voice a rest and gargling warm saline water with salt, one can also have the condition checked by the doctor so as to ascertain whether or not it is a serious lesion that may require surgical removal and voice therapy. The doctor will usually prescribe medicines in order to deal with any underlying conditions that may have caused the lesions, including allergic reactions, reflux, sinusitis and other such ailments. One will also have to stop smoking so that there is less chemical pressure on the vocal cord. Finally, one will have to go through voice therapy for more serious lesions.
I was sincere student till 12th then in college I cannot focus on studies and always tend to postpone important task and if I concentrate too long I feel mentally tired. I always procrastinating and now I want to study but I can not. I think I have adultADHD and due that I feel guilty of not preparing for exams, even in day before exam I cannot focus and do something else and I have other symptoms of adhd like fidgeting and cannot sit at one place.
I lost somebody close last year and since feel very depressed and prefer to keeping myself all the time. Please help me.
Parents sometimes tend to neglect their children due to various reasons. However, this negligence influences the children severely. It can affect the development, personality, relationship traits of the children. Every child needs care and love. Parents are naturally the closest people in a child’s world. Negligence from the closest people can lead to destructive character traits in their personality.
1. Attachment problems: One of the primary and direct effects of parental negligence towards children can lead children to be less attached with family. If a child does not get the warmth and care from parents, he automatically detaches from the family bonding and even does not develop the love and compassionate feelings for the family. This pattern hardly changes over time, and it can even lead to problematic relationship of the child in the future. The child may not be able to be close to his own children later.
2. Brain development: Children are tender and sensitive, just like floral buds. Every stimulus has an action. For instance, a child who is affected by malnutrition suffers from weak neural cells. This can be a reason behind weak brain functions. The basic pillars of brain processes, that is, thinking and logical thinking, everything is affected due to parental negligence. It may lead to low level of self-confidence, depression, frustration, anxiety and stress, troubled thoughts and emotional distortions.
Signs of parental negligence in children
1. Eating Disorders
2. Disrupted Sleep
3. Withdrawal from family bonding
4. Aggressive attitude
5. Bed wetting
6. Missing out school
7. Obsessive traits in behavioural patterns
9. Sudden change in attitude and behaviours
Every child seeks complete attention and love of his or her parents. However, parents may neglect them due to work stress, social obligations, personal problems and other such reasons. But parents should be considerate about the developmental barriers that could be posed due to this type of negligence. Some children also show eating habit changes, abusive attitude, violence or sometimes even plunge into complete isolation. While children require free scope to let their emotional and mental development boost with social activities, neglected children can withdraw themselves from social activities.
This means no friends, no social activity in life. This is a major reason for depression, suicidal attempts, deformed thought processes and misled lifestyle. As a parent, you can offer your optimum care and affection to your child to avoid such mental distortions, which can be avoided with love and warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.