Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prathiba Bothare
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prathiba BothareYour feedback matters!
I am newly married. We are planning to make baby. So tell me which is the correct time to have intercourse. To get pregnant quicker.
Footballer’s ankle is most commonly caused among football players but may also occur in others. If the ankle bone extends and touches the shin bone, it causes excessive pain, swelling and inflammation. The bone spur slowly progresses and causes a large impact on the soft tissue at the front portion of the ankle. This medical condition is known as the footballer's ankle.
Symptoms For Footballer’s Ankle
The condition occurs in the ankle region when a kicking movement is made repeatedly. Here are some symptoms of the disorder.
- Restricted range of movement in the ankle.
- A pinching sensation when the joint is in motion. Often the lunging movement will cause this pinching sensation.
- A clicking or knocking sensation can be felt when the ankle joint is in use.
- A weakness of the joint, which may severely restrict the amount of weight you can put on the leg.
- Bone lump formation at the front of the ankle joint.
- Extreme pain and discomfort even in case of a simple sprain in the nearby ligaments.
Diagnosis and treatment of the condition
The simplest way to diagnose the condition is by performing an X-Ray of the ankle. Once confirmed, the treatment is initiated. Here is a look at some of the remedies for footballer’s ankle.
- Doctors will advise you to rest the ankle joint so that the condition does not deteriorate.
- Footballer’s ankle is best treated by physicians specializing in sports injuries, which is why you should seek their counsel.
- Ankle supports may also be used to provide relief from some of the discomfort associated with the condition.
- Steroidal painkillers can be useful in case of severe or unbearable pain caused by the condition.
- If the condition is serious and the bone lump is quite large, arthroscopic surgery may be the only solution. Through this surgery, the doctors look to remove the lump from the ankle.
- Apart from the surgery, patients may also be advised to attend rehab programs, once the healing process in the joint starts.
For complete recuperation, patients will need to undergo physical therapy or practice exercises along with the standard medications. A joint preservation surgeon will be able to help you with the kind of workout regime that you need to follow if you are looking to find relief from the pain and discomfort associated with the footballer’s ankle.
I am 35 year old I sex with husband 9th day on my period and took 1 Pill within 24 hour and missed my period completely for last 21 day. It was due 26 Dec 2017. I did pregnancy test on 1 Jan 2018 and 8 jan 2018 both were negative but till date (1 jan 18) No period. Please help.
My wife, is not interested in sex, she has back pain after pregnancy, also her vagina opening is very tight, pls advice, as its very frustrating and feel very very upset, and due to her this nature, its effecting in my work also? She is a working lady.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!