Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratap D. Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap D. DesaiYour feedback matters!
My wife pregnant just 1 month 15 days only, please give me a balance diet chart for my pregnant wife. Age-24 yrs, Height-4'11" Weight-61kg.
Hello Doctor, Last month my gyano diagnosed me with an early stage of pcod and recommend me some tablets like Pregnacare (1 daily) Duphaston (2 tablets from day 18th to day 27th of periods) Glucophage 500 mg (1 daily) Dostinex. 0.25 mg (1 dose in a month) Doctor told me that I will get my periods within 4- 5 days after stopping duphaston tablet. I got my period on 8th day and there is less bleeding this time as compare I had in my history periods. Can you please it's normal or due to tablets.
If one boy make sexual relationship with girls when she is suffering from period and then girls take unprotected 72 tablet now girls is not suffering periods after relation would you tell that What will be effect this in future.
I have cyst on my both sides ovaries n regularly I have to face sever pain left side 7.5 mm and right side 6.5 mm should it will go by medicine or I have to operate it.
I am getting burning pain in Vagina while intercourse since last couple of days, its also slightly burning while urinating, can you pls help? Its nothing related to forced sex rather its normal sexual relationship in us. Thanks.
How can we do safe sex as we don't know that our partner is affected from STD like HIV or many sexually transmitted diseases? Which things should have to follow ?Please give complete guidance ?And which things should have to use by both male and female partner?
I am 24 year old female. I got married 2 months before. I have problem of irregular periods before marriage also. Now from last 2 months my periods stopped. There is no pregnancy. Whn I take medicines at tht tym periods come. Kindly tell me wht problem I have.
Good morning I want to increase my sex timing and and I want do sex without condom because I read due to condom there are many problems are creating is any other ways to do sex without condom bt not get pregnancy.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.
A bone fracture occurs when a strong external force is applied on the bones causing it to break. It is an extremely painful condition that results in days of immobility and rest.
There are several reasons which can result in bone fracture, some of them being:
- Injuries caused in sports: Any sport requires and demands extreme physical exertion and participation. Being involved in any sport therefore automatically increases your risk of incurring injuries. Bone ractures therefore are mostly reported during sports.
- Osteoporosis: Due to the deficiency of calcium, the bones of both men and women tend to get weak and more susceptible to fracture and breakage. It is one of the primary causes that lead to bone fracture.
- Osteomalacia: This also refers to a condition wherein the bones become weak and brittle. Much like osteoporosis, osteomalacia too significantly contributes to instances of bone fractures.
- Osteosarcoma: This is a rare form of bone cancer that most often develops either near the femur or near the shinbone. An instance of this form of bone cancer is most often found in children and weakens the bone, consequently leading to fractures.
Though there may be different causes of broken fractures, its symptoms remain similar. Some of them are:
- Swelling: One of the most common symptoms of bone fracture is perceptible swelling. If any of your bone is fractured, that particular part will be visibly swollen.
- Deformity: Bones give your body the shape it has, thereby, any fracture anywhere would inevitably manifest itself as a clear deformity of that particular part.
- Extreme pain: It goes without saying that a bone fracture would entail excruciating and extreme pain. This pain sharply increases with mobility thereby necessitating complete rest.
- Temporary loss of function: The part of the body where the bone is broken temporarily becomes dysfunctional. For instance, if the bone in your hand is broken, you will find it extremely difficult to move and do any work with it.