Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratap D. Desai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap D. DesaiYour feedback matters!
What should to be procedure cost, consultation and material cost for Copper T excellent quality umbrella end TIA.
I have conceived for the first time please suggest me best diet for baby growth and precautions to be taken. I am suggested to take bed rest for 2 months help me regarding this. What food items should be taken for the healthy development of the baby.
Maine abhi 5 din pahle hi check kiya hai ki mai pregnant hu. Toh please mjhe ye btaye ki pregancy me sex kr skte h ya nahi. Please fast.
Hi My Friend is feeling pain in citrous from last week. She's feeling more pain when urination, she's worried and wanna know what may be the reason for pain and cure.
Last month I took unwanted 72 pill after 10-20 mins of unprotected sex, he didn't ejaculate. But I wanted to be sure, the next two days, I took ipill again I was stressed out. Then my period was 5 days early. On 15th November, usually I get at 21st every month. Now it's 17th December, I still don't get my period. I'm scared. Is my period gonna go back to date 21th again? And my belly fats is increasing a bit, sometimes hard sometimes soft. Is this because of lack of sleep and inactivity and eating too much junks? Because I heard it's possible to gain belly weight if we are doing those. Anyway, my belly button area is sometimes hard after meal. I can't be pregnant in this situation. Please give me answer I think I'm going crazy. Im so scared. Please help me.
Hi I am 35 years old male. Having blood in urine from 7-jul-2015 till date but no pain as such. I met a urologist and he asked me for certain tests including blood, urine tests and ct scan. A mass of around 13" 16 mm is found in urine bladder. Am I suffering from cancer, if yes, what stage it may be? is it treatable?
M pregnant about 4 month 1 Week. I having low placenta according to ultrasound report. What do or not to do under this situation.
Sago or sabudana is often considered as a super food which is full of energy and carbohydrates. Sago is basically extracted from the sago palm trees or more importantly from their stem in a starch form. In some regions, sago is also popularly known as tapioca pearls. It is one of the rich sources of starch and carbohydrates and is used as a culinary delicacy in many cuisines, especially in India. Let’s have a glance at some of the health benefits of including sago as a part of our diet.
- Aids in digestion: Pearl sago is best used as a baby food as it is easily digestible and can be great on your internal tissues. Even adults who suffer from the problem of digestion can safely include sago in the diet as it helps aid digestion and is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Nutritional Supplement: Sago grains are pure sources of carbohydrates. There are minuscule (about 2mm in diameter) but they pack a powerhouse of carbohydrates and contain little protein, vitamin C, minerals. They also have traces of calcium which can be beneficial in bone rebuilding.
- Herbal remedy: Sago is used in Ayurveda and also as a part of many home treatments in keeping the body cool. It is used along with rice to maintain the temperature of your body. It is also a staple diet in some continents and the herbal remedies using sago are widely popular in traditional spas across the world.
- Sago Cuisines: Since they are extremely comfortable with your body, sago is used in a wide variety of cuisines and can be used best as a breakfast dish as an alternative to cereal. They are also used in pancakes and they are a good source of energy to make you perform your daily activities throughout the day.
- Energy booster: Sago food is full of energy, and is often served as a dish to break the fast. If you have been recently treated for an ailment then you can look at having sago as a part of your diet. It has enough energy to combat the weakness and ailments your body has just undergone. Also, they can be safely had by any individual - irrespective of their age.
Always keep them in dry and airtight container. Moisture should be avoided at all cost to increase its longevity. The white pearls of sago become white when soaked in water and turn translucent when cooked or boiled. You can experiment a lot with sago based food and you can be sure to feel the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello doctor, My friend eats pencil leads from. I am very much worried about it. Does it causes any health issues. How to stop her by doing that? Please reply. Thank you.
She is pregnant 10 weeks. Suffering with cough and sneezing. There are lot of medicines available for cough & sneezing. What medicine is safe which has less side effects and can be taken during pregnancy.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
Sir since two days I have pain in the breast wall muscles what could be the possible reason please prescribe some medicine or therapy.
As per the latest statistics published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, about 9% women suffer from a deficiency of iron. Though the proportion is relatively low, iron deficiency can lead to various diseases, which can be very difficult to cure. So, look out for these telltale signs of iron deficiency and check whether you suffer from any of them.
- Fatigue: Your internal system uses iron for the production of haemoglobin, which is a component in the red blood cells, responsible for carrying oxygen to all parts of the body. So when the iron content is low, there is not enough haemoglobin production and all organ do not receive oxygen in the required quantities. This is bound to make you feel tired at most times.
- Inability to focus: People with iron deficiency often suffer from alteration in the synthesis of neurotransmitters. This can lead to decreased functionality and focusing abilities. This may also lead to the development of apathy towards all things, including family, friends, books, music or anything that you loved and enjoyed doing.
- Breathlessness: Without a proper supply of iron, there could be an oxygen crunch in the body, compelling you to feel breathless. This may happen anytime when you are working out or walking or reading a book.
- Paleness: Do you think your skin has lost lustre and become pale in the last few days? That’s definitely not a good sign and may be a symptom of decreased flow of blood and reduction in the RBC count.
- Trouble doing your daily chores: Low levels of iron in the body can cause your endurance level to suffer. Thus, you may find it difficult to run up the stairs or catch a vehicle or swim for a while.
- Soreness of muscles: Even if you could push yourself to reach the gym, you would experience the burns last longer than normal. Lack of right amount of iron prevents your muscles to recover at the right pace. As a result, you are likely to suffer from muscle aches.
- Brittle nails: If there is a recent a development of spoon shaped or concave depression in the nails, it could be a sign of possible deficiency of iron.
Often people tend to ignore the warning signs that the body gives to inform about the problem that’s cropping up. But you can’t take chances with your health and so, check for these signs without any delay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Mine gf suffer from white liquid comes out frm vagina on her periods date but still now it has been note came wht I should (v hd nt dne anything tht effect it)
I am 28 years old female. I gave birth my daughter on 4 oct 2016 by section. Now my daughter is of 7 month. I got pregnant again. My last period date is 18 of April. Now I am very confused that I should carry baby or getting abortion. If I carry my baby. Is it safe or not. And if it is not safe then what is the procedure of abortion. Please help me.
Contrary to popular belief, women too have Adam’s apple. However, it is not developed enough to be prominently visible. The Adam’s apple is said to get its name from the Biblical event where Adam ate a bite of the forbidden apple in the Garden of Eden, which later got stuck in his throat. However, the development of Adam’s apple has a more scientific reasoning behind it.
The development of Adam’s apple is part of the changes a boy’s body goes through during puberty. The Adam’s apple refers to the protrusion of thyroid cartilage in front of the larynx or the voice box. It sits just above the thyroid gland and is officially known as a laryngeal prominence. The Adam’s apple is most prominently visible when looking at a man’s side profile.
During puberty, testosterone is produced in large amounts. This causes a boy’s larynges to expand thereby, lowering and deepening the male voice. As the larynx gets bigger the angle at which the right and left thyroid cartilage meets each other becomes more acute thereby, accentuating the Adam’s apple. For most men, these cartilage meet at a 90-degree angle making it prominently visible.
A woman’s larynx also grows during puberty, but not as much as men. For this reason, women have a higher pitched voice than men. Hence the angle between the right and left thyroid cartilage covering a woman’s larynx is usually around 120 degrees. Thus, it is usually not visible to the naked eye, but may be felt during a physical examination.
However, some women do have a larger voice box and hence a pronounced Adam’s apple. This does not have any serious health implications and could be because of a number of reasons including genetic factors or hormonal imbalances. In such cases, they may choose to get it surgically removed. This is because the presence of Adam’s apple is seen as a male characteristic and can have an adverse effect on a woman’s self-confidence. In many cases, men may also choose to have the size of their Adam’s apple reduced through surgery.
The Adam’s apple does not have a noticeable purpose. On the other hand, it can be a cause of concern for men trying to keep a secret as it may jump up and down when nervous. For many men, this bobbing of Adam’s apple is a giveaway when they tell a lie.