Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasul PanditYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female my question how should almond, walnut and figs be consumed in raw form or should it be soaked overnight in water ,if yes what is the reason?
Which part of egg we should eat for fat. Egg without yock ya egg with yock and what is good for me to get fat in my body.
I am a boxer my wait is 55 kg and 25 years old how can I gain my wait its really amazing to me please help.
Mam my weight is constant from 2 years in 2014 my weight was 42 kg and now I am just 37 kg and there is no improvement plzz help me out.
I want to know about vestige spirulina capsules, Please suggest it is helpful or not, all day I was feel very tired.
My body weight is not increasing properly despite healthy food and proper exercise. Feeling weakness. My body is very thin and have to go toilet 3-4 times a day.
What is the diet for an athlete for higher calories requirements and also do not gain too much weight.
I am not getting fat since many years m trying m eating non veg and everything do you have any othr solution for this m fed up everyone telling me thin pls help me out.
My husband seems to get very thin. I feel he is losing weight for no reason. He is very active doesn't diet or spl food. Everyone says he is getting thiner than the previous time they saw I am very worried please help as to what doctor we should consult or what tests we should take. I don't mind him being thin as long as he is healthy from within. Thanks in advance.
Dear Sir, I am 53 years old and having problem of knee pain since last six month. She I get up in the morning it is severe. But gradually it decreases. I take pain relief pills time to time. But only temporary relief is there. Is there any long term solution. Bharat Bhushan Das.
My wife's 32 years old. She has pain in some of the joints like knees, fingers and wrists .She get Little Finger of right hand.Please tell.
Hii. Exactly 1 years back I got my knee joint sprain. Had scanning showed anterior cruciate ligament thickness tear. Asked me to do regular physiotherapy. But sometimes sudden movement causing severe pain due to slight sprain. Can you please provide any home treatment to avoid this.
I am feel always so tired in summer days and joint pain in legs. Please give name of medicine to provide energy.
For the past one week I have some ache in my right leg below knee. I have also some back pain, but not every day.
While fruits and vegetables may not always feel appetising, most people can’t keep away from sweets and desserts. Unfortunately, by doing this, we are harming ourselves. Processed sugars that go into making these desserts and sweets have a high calorific value and negligible amount of nutrients. For this reason, sugar is also known to have empty calories.
Here are a few more reasons you should stay away from sweets and start eating a healthier diet.
- It deposits fat cells in your liver: Processed sugar has a very high level of fructose in it. Unlike glucose, fructose, is not needed by the body. When we eat fructose, the body converts it into fat and deposits it in the liver. Over tie, these fat deposits can build up and trigger liver diseases.
- It makes the body resistant to insulin: Insulin is a hormone essential for the conversion of glucose into energy. However, eating excessive amounts of processed sugar can make the body resistant to insulin. This makes the pancreas produce excessive insulin, which further leads to elevated blood sugar levels. This can also trigger conditions like type II diabetes.
- It reduces immunity: Sugar causes inflammation, which reduces the efficacy of the immune system. It also raises blood pressure and keeps white blood cells from doing their job thus putting you at a higher risk of falling sick. By reducing your good cholesterol level, sugar also increases your risk of suffering from cardio vascular conditions such as heart attacks and strokes. Sugar has even been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Sugar affects your sleep: Eating large amounts of sugar can cause stress and anxiety. It also keeps your body from relaxing and tenses the muscles. Thus, eating a sugary sack before going to bed can keep you tossing and turning and not allow you to have a good night’s sleep.
- Sugar causes weight gain: Weight loss is one of the most visible effects of cutting down sugar. By making your body resistant to insulin energy gets stored as fat instead of being used up. Sugar also makes the body resistant to leptin which is responsible for telling the brain when we’ve had enough to eat. This makes us eat more and more even though the stomach is full.
Additionally, sugar triggers the release of dopamine and is addictive. When combined these factors make a person consume more than is needed and causes conditions, such as obesity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.