Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Prassad KuckianYour feedback matters!
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I didn't have any vomiting issues till 9 weeks but now I am facing vomiting issue due to this I can't eat much. Also I have backache. How can I get rid of this.
I am 35 years female, have pain in foot and ankle from last one year. Please suggest what should I do. I am already taken physiotherapy sessions. But no relief in pain.
Tailbone area and both upper hip in always pain for last 1 month. Pain during standing and sitting as well .What to do? Can I get completely cured? please reply what to do? No radiating pain to legs.
Hi I just want to know the cost details for joint replacement surgery. My father suffering knee pain. So plan to do the surgery so just want to know cost details and good doctor and good hospital in Guntur ,Andhra pradesh.
Q. Severe pain in Right Hip since yesterday. No relief by pain killer. No signs of fracture. Stress in Nerves in Hips, No swelling. Age-45 Sex-Female. Help me please.
I have suffering frm my pain knee. Last night 2days ago. I help mini doctor not improvement. Pls suggest my problem and solve.
I am suffering from joint knee pain - left side for the last more than a month. No relief even with allopathic pain killer medicines. Please suggest a effective ayurvedic treatment long lasting.
As you age, the cartilage cushioning your joints starts wearing down, causing the bones to rub against each other. This causes osteoarthritis, which is a type of degenerative disease caused. The rubbing of the bones causes inflammation of the joints. The joints of the arms and legs along with the lower back are most commonly affected by this condition.
Here are some common symptoms, which indicate that you are suffering from osteoarthritis:
1. Pain and tenderness: An aching back, knees, neck and hip with severe pain are some of the most common symptoms of osteoarthritis. The pain caused during the early stage of arthritis is classified into tenderness and pain. A sharper pain may be felt while moving the affected joint in a certain way. Tenderness is the discomfort experienced when the joint is pressed along with visible swelling in the affected area.
2. Joint stiffness: Joint stiffness is another early symptom of osteoarthritis. It refers to the wooden feeling, which makes a person feel slow and sluggish. The urge to rest or go to bed should be resisted. Warming up the joints with gentle exercise or moving around cause relief. It also helps in reducing the stiffness and you can continue your regular activities with more ease.
3. Abnormal sensations: When the cartilage wears down, the rubbing of the bones against each other may lead to some abnormal sensations. Grating of the joints is common in people with osteoarthritis. One may feel that their joints are cracking or clicking while moving.
4. Loss of flexibility: People who are in their early stages of osteoarthritis may face difficulty with moving the areas which are affected. This joint stiffness and pain may lead to a loss of flexibility or loss of range of motion. Range of motion refers to the extent up to which one can move his joints normally. In case you are not being able to bend your knee fully or as far as you would have done it normally, you might be experiencing osteoarthritis.
Loss of flexibility occurs slowly and gradually. A person may hurt his back unusually during a football game or may experience a stiff back in the morning after waking up. This gets more intense with time. In the later stages, you may experience joint pain even while resting.
In case you experience any symptoms of osteoarthritis, you must consult a doctor immediately. The doctor will provide you with a plan aimed at managing and getting a quicker relief from the pain caused due to osteoarthritis. Several over-the-counter medicines, braces for supporting affected joints and range of motion exercises are also effective ways of managing osteoarthritis.
Hello doctor, I am only 16 and I am having a lower back pain from probably lifting weights. It happened last october. I am scared of what may happen. I know that I should consult a doctor but not sure of the cost as I am not a person with a lot of cash. Whenever I have pain I crack my back for a relief. I really want to go to a chiropractor unfortunately there are no chiropractors in india. Please help.
I have leg pain since a long time. Sometime it becomes unbearable and no medicine effect for it. So please suggest or consult any medicine for its complete finishing.
I am 25 yr male. I have sitting job as profession. Sometimes I suffer from back pain. It mostly happens when I do any physical activity. I consulted with physiotherapist. She improved my sitting position and suggested some regular exercise. My sitting posture improved. But original problem remained same. I also gone through blood test for Vit B12 and Vit D. Both were less then required. So gaining required level of VitB12 and Vit. D will help or not?
From last 8 months my husband is having backache he tried all type of medicine from back pain it comes to neck pain from he gets headache what should I do to control the pain.
I am 29 year old and my back is painful in the morning (spine) but after taking bath it reduces pain, year ago my knee and hip was painful doctor told me that your uric acid level is increas he prescribed mi goutcheck, pan 40 for 4 month but from last 3 months my back is so painful.
I am suffering from finger pain since from winter. Three fingers starting from thumb of hand are paining one after other but not simultaneously. When I put my hand into hot water paining stops and sometimes fingers get blue too what should I do please help and this problem is only to my right hand three fingers.
Patients experiencing low back pain are regularly recommended to a physiotherapist for exercise based recovery. This is done before a patient considers other aggressive options like back surgery. The objectives of exercise based recovery are to eliminate back pain, increase functioning and educate the patient about a regular pain prevention program for back pain in the future.
Low back stiffness is to a great extent dependent on the abdomen and lower back muscles. The abdominal muscles give support by putting pressure on the abdomen, which is then exerted, on the spine. This provides an external support column from the front of the spine. The low back muscles balance out the spine. Simply put, the hard spine and circles are surrounded by muscles, and the stronger these particular muscles are, the less strain is put on the plates and joints of the spine. The patient needs to develop a belt of muscles around the spine.
Most physiotherapy methods that are intended to treat low back pain and some radicular pain (pain extending down the leg), include a number of the following kinds of activities:
- Stretching: Appropriate stretching of the muscles alongside dynamic activity will keep up the usual scope of movement and give alleviation to muscles. These are the muscles that are gradually shrinking or are an ill fit from wrong stance or nerve aggravation. For some patients it is best to follow a stretching schedule that has been exclusively made for them by their physiotherapist.
- Dynamic exercises: These activities include the use of a number of activities that might include exercising balls, adjusting machines or particular balancing out activities. The purpose of stabilization activity is to strengthen the muscles of the spine and backing the spine through different scopes of movement.
- Core strengthening exercises: These are particular activities to strengthen the abs and low back muscles (erector spinae) to give the previously mentioned 'belt of muscle' around the spine.
- Abdominal strengthening: These kinds of exercises include sit-ups, crunches, stomach machines, and leg raises.
- Hyperextensions: These can be performed on machines or by lying on the stomach and gradually raising the stomach off the ground. This activity uses the lower back muscles to "hyperextend" the spine. Make sure not to do it with sudden jerks. The stretch should be slow and gradual to prevent ligament tear from happening.
- Lumbar traction: With lumbar traction, the patient lies on his back and is secured on a special table with a link or cable coming from the foot-end of the table that joins to a strap that has been set around the patient's hips. The link or cable is connected to weights at the foot-end of the table that gives a consistent and soft pulling power on the hips toward the foot-end of the table.