Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PrashyanthYour feedback matters!
What can I take when I have cold and throat pain? Its my first day of cold with throat pain and I want some relief from this pain without taking medicines. Can anyone please tell me what do I eat?
I am facing odourless yellow thin discharge from my left ear. From last 4 days. I have taken antibiotics n antifungal after recommendation. What should I do doctor M a student 23 years.
As you can see from my details of weight and height given I am underweight and I want to know the cure for it. A diet will be helpful. Also an important point that I have problem of tonsils and cough (weak immune system) Thanks in advance for yhe help.
I have hoarseness for past three weeks. Throat tightness. Small visible lymph inflammation with no cervical lymphadenopathy in USG detected. Gone thru below tests: Throat Endoscopy: Inflammation in larynx told that because of smoking/acid reflux which I doubt. Neck USG: two cystic lesions one with eccentric calcific focus. Both are too small for USG guided FNAC. Xray and CBC all clear. Will undergo upper GI endoscopy if symptoms don't settle in next 10 days. Please suggest road ahead.
Nosebleed is a condition wherein blood vessels burst in the nasal lining. Nosebleeds are fairly common and it is rarely a serious condition.
- Anterior nosebleed: It is caused by the eruption of a blood vessel at the tip of the nose. Anterior nosebleeds are generally easy to control by yourself or by a doctor.
- Posterior nosebleed: It is a rare type of nosebleed. Posterior nosebleed mostly occurs in older people. It occurs when an artery bursts behind the nose, which causes the blood to flow down the throat. Posterior nosebleeds are, thus, dangerous, and they need immediate medical attention.
- There are numerous causes of nosebleeds. The most common cause of nosebleeds is dry air. Dry climates dehydrate the nasal membranes (internal nasal tissues). This dryness leads to crusting which can cause irritation or itching.
- Also, if you pick or scratch your nose too much, it can start to bleed.
- Decongestants for allergies, sinus infection or cold and antihistamines can make the nasal membranes dry and cause nosebleeds as well.
Some other causes of nosebleeds include:
- Some sort of foreign object stuck in the nasal cavity
- Allergic reactions
- Repeated sneezing
- Nose injuries (For example, car accidents, a punch to the face, etc.)
- Chemical irritants
- Cold air
- Respiratory Infection
- Consuming high doses of aspirin-high dosage thins the blood down, thus triggering nosebleeds
There are other rarer causes as well, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding disorder
- Blood clotting problems
Treatment: A nosebleed can easily be treated at home. While in a sitting position, close your nostril by squeezing the soft part of your nose. Hold your nose for ten minutes, then lean slightly forward. Inhale and exhale slowly using your mouth.
Never lie down when you are trying to stop a nosebleed, as you will end up swallowing the blood which can upset your stomach. Remove your hand from your nose after 10 minutes and check if the bleeding has stopped. If it has not, repeat the steps all over again.
However, consult a doctor if the bleeding does not stop or if there is a foreign object stuck in your nose.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am suffering from slight imbalance in walking, difficult to open eyes,(or vertigo,) sweating, difficult to concentrate on discussion with some one, and no interest in talking if I know the subject also, if I stand for long time, or sit for long time, If I change position from sitting to walk or from walking or standing to sit or sleep all the symptoms will disappear appear. I am suffering from varicose veins and vitamin in b12 and vitamin d3 deficiency. Please advice the treatment.
His nose Will block at evening everyday and he used to put nose drops It Wil be cured just temporarily and then he feels hot in ear at the time of evening itself what is the reason.
I am having granular pharyngitis infection but one granule is white like a pimple and it is not getting cured for 2 months. Please help me out with the same if possible.
I'm suffering from so many problems like ulcer pain, throat pain, recently I'm getting right kidney pain. While I'm taking treatment for one problem and another is rising I'm totally confusing and I want to check whether I affected with throat cancer. So please suggest me is treatment available for these problems under one roof which specialist I should contact is possible for taking of medicines for all these problems at a time.
I have running nose last 2 months, and taken few medicines but it doesn't work to much. What should I do ?
Hi When I eat sweets, my right ear becomes wet and pus comes out of it. Pus formation is existing since my birth and I was treated for this. Just since a year or two this problem is coming. I gave birth my child at home in minus degrees and immediately had a bath under tap with cold freezing water. Is it the reason for my problem. Lately I realized I have sinusitis cos I feel like sneezing but it stops, if I sneeze I sneeze for 2 or 3 times at a time. It gives me headache. I have migraine problem. Presently I am taking okacet. Kindly suggest me a very good drug so that this infection is gone forever. I am scared of surgeries and there is nobody who can take care of me post surgery. Thank you.
Sir, I am having dull hearing. In case, If I close my nose and snuff, ears get cleared, but sounds will be as some movement in the ear I feel with ears get cleared and again normal position. Whether I should snuff the nose for ear clearance or any problem in doing so. Please give me details.
Hi I am 38 year old. My problem is everyday in evening my left nose get stuck, I can' t even sleep, have to use otrivin. Please suggest remedy for this ?
A good night sleep is important for good health and longevity. How many hours of sleep should one have? - this question has been answered numerous times. The ?quantity? of sleep is mostly what is talked about. What about the ?quality? of sleep? Quality of sleep is equally important. One of the common factors adversely affecting the quality of sleep is ?sleep apnea?. Let us see what that is.
People snore because there is an obstruction to breathing while asleep. This leads to a drop in the oxygen levels in the blood during sleep. There is a decrease in supply of oxygen to the vital organs like the brain, heart and lungs. Over a period of time this results in damage at the cellular level in various organs leading to pulmonary hypertension, i.E, increase in blood pressure in the lungs, systemic hypertension and increased chances of death from heart attacks and strokes, besides a number of other problems like diminished concentration, tiredness and fatigue and a general feeling of ill health.
There have been some cases where the blood pressure has been normalized by managing the sleep apnea without anti hypertensive drugs. We came across the case of a 22 year old male, normal weight, no history of smoking, tobacco or alcohol consumption, suffering from hypertension. On further review of his case, we came across the possibility of him suffering from sleep apnea. We advised him to alter his sleeping position. After about 3 months, his blood pressure had normalized. Having said that, I would like to emphasize that by no means should any individual stop his/her medicines and such decisions are better left to doctors after adequate review.
You should be concerned if you have/ are one or more of the below:
2. Are overweight/ obese
3. Suffer from hypertension.
4. Hypertension occurring in young individuals
5. Case of hypertension not responding to standard medicines at standard doses.
6. Systemic hypertension with pulmonary hypertension
7. Feel tired/drowsy/have difficulty in concentrating even after a full night sleep.
The treatment of sleep apnea could be surgical or non surgical depending on the degree and the cause of sleep apnea and obstruction. Mild cases may be treated by a simple sleep position alteration and others might require CPAP ventilation during sleep (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure). So the options for treatment are:
1. CPAP ventilation
2. Sleep position alteration
3. Oral orthotic devices
What can you do if you snore:
1. Avoid alcohol, sedative drugs and drugs that depress respiration, at or near bed time.
2. One of the following sleeping positions might help relieve the airway obstruction and thereby take care of the sleep apnea ? sleeping on ones side or sleeping with the head end of the bed at an angle of 30- 40o from the horizontal.
3. Shed some pounds and get in shape.
4. Consult a doctor and tell him about your snoring and concern about sleep apnea.
5. Get a polysomnography done (better to get it done after proper evaluation from a doctor).
6. Try to maintain a regular sleeping schedule.