Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Prashanth Patnaik

Urologist, Mumbai

500 at clinic
Dr. Prashanth Patnaik Urologist, Mumbai
500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Prashanth Patnaik
Dr. Prashanth Patnaik is an experienced Urologist in Pali Road, Mumbai. He is currently associated with Dr. Patnaik's Nursing Home & S.S. Urological Institute in Pali Road, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Prashanth Patnaik on

Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Urologists with more than 25 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr. Patnaik's Nursing Home & S.S. Urological Institute

Kakad Apartments,4 Pali Road, Landmark: Opp to Honkong Bank, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth Patnaik

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Wt a solution of renal stone else surgery wt size stone will be pass out without surgery.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, with the help of homoeopathic medicines, the renal-stone of 6-7mm or less can be cured without surgery! prevention: prevention of kidney stones may include a combination of lifestyle changes and medications. Lifestyle changes you may reduce your risk of kidney stones if you: drink water throughout the day. For people with a history of kidney stones, drink 12-14 glasses of water everyday. If you live in a hot, dry climate or you exercise frequently, you may need to drink even more water to produce enough urine. If your urine is light and clear, you're likely drinking enough water. 1 eat fewer oxalate-rich foods. If you tend to form calcium oxalate stones, restrict foods rich in oxalates. These include rhubarb, beets, bhindi (okra), spinach, swiss chard, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate and soy products. Choose a diet low in salt and animal protein. Reduce the amount of salt you eat and choose non animal protein sources, such as legumes. Consider using a salt substitute. Continue eating calcium-rich foods, but use caution with calcium supplements. Calcium in food doesn't have an effect on your risk of kidney stones. Continue eating calcium-rich foods unless your doctor advises otherwise. Ask your doctor before taking calcium supplements, as these have been linked to increased risk of kidney stones. You may reduce the risk by taking supplements with meals. Diets low in calcium can increase kidney stone formation in some people. Medication: take homoeopathic medicine - berberis vulgaris q/ 10 drops in 1/2 cup of water/ thrice daily for 4 weeks. Revert me back.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 24 years old and 64 kg. For the past few days I am facing problem while peeing. It takes lot of time to pee due to which I am facing stress and weakness issue. Please advice.

General Physician, Cuttack
It could be due to stone in kidney/ ureter/ bladder/ urinary tract infection 1. Get your urine re/ me, take usg kub and consult doctor with report for advice and treatment 2. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glass) daily.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old. I have been observing a change in color in my urine since yesterday evening. I had some beetroots daily in my food for a couple of days at a frenz place n olso a carrot daily.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Change in colour of urine may be due to beet root drink lot of water If symptom persist consult privately
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old and having this problem from last 4 years. For whatever reason after masturbation I will feel an overwhelming urge to urinate (it feels like I need to empty a bucket from my bladder) and I will sit down to the toilet and realise whatever amount of urine that is in my bladder but no matter how much there is the undieing urge to urinate still remains.  It does not happen very often and at times it will be worse than others but I am often reduced to begging god for mercy (i am not lining I literally have to do it its so bad) and it happens about 1-2 times every 2 months.  I also have a slight pain in my urethra just bellow the tip of my penis. Also I have found when larger amounts of semen are ejaculated the problem does not occur but when I have a large orgasm with not much semen coming out I get the problem. And somehow massaging the scrotum during masturbation also help relieve the problem significantly.  oh and I also forgot to note that the unbearable desire to urinate will eventually calm down in an hour or so.  I would very much like to get some help on what exactly is wrong with me as it is very uncomfortable and would not like to have it as part of my life in the many years to come, thanks in advance.

MCh - Neurosurgery, MBBS
Neurosurgeon, Chennai
Urge to urinate after masturbation is normal masturbation is physiological it means it is a normal phenomenon it does not cause any problems it does not have any side effects it does not interfere with your general health it does not interfere with your sex life there is no need to stop it and there is no need to worry about this please do not believe non medical articles or rumours if you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again at lybrate. Com/bruno. I will be happy to answer your questions.
25 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

1. If you are near to the border line of diabetes, what natural medication to take, it can be controlled well 2. If below 200 level cholsterol is good and onehad around 215-220 what home medicine is good 3. How to improve kdiney and liven function with home medicine.

Advanced Aesthetics
Ayurveda, Gulbarga
Madhumardan churna and hyponidd tab for borderline sugar level. Start these medicines. You need to consult me privately. I can prescribe some tests to identify the causes and treat accordingly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir mujhe bar-bar uti ho rha hai. Urin culture test me e-coli colony count 10^5 cfu/ml aaya. Tigecycline, nitrofuration, polymixin b coi; stin, amoxy-clav, piparacillin-tazobactam - sensitive aaya mujhe kya krna chahiye my age -29yrs.

CCP, MBA, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Karnal
Take chandraprabha vati 2 tab before food twice a day and sy. udumbaravaleh 2 tsf twice daily after food. Have Punarnava & gokshur kwath 1 cup in morning empty stomach. DO these for 1 month & the recurrent UTI problem will go.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Monitor BP and cholesterol
Control wt
Donot overuse over the counter pain killer.
Monitor blood sugar.
Get annual health check.
You if any one suffering from ckd/hypertension/DM in family ,then most likely to suffer from CKD.
Do not smoke.
Exercise regularly
Follow a healthy diet
Get tested for CKD if under risk
15 people found this helpful

I made sex with my gf last week. I am suffered with kidney stone. Is that secure or I take any precautions. Can I avoid sex with her?

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Take shool gaj kesari ras twice a day..take gokshuradi guggul & punarnavadi mandoor 1-1 tab twice a day...pranacharya U through capsule and syrup twice a day...drink lots of water....avoid spinach...tea and coffee..tomato...lady finger etc....
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can a person alive if he is suffering from kidney failure just asking no one has problem just for knowledge.

MBBS, DNB (General Medicine)
Endocrinologist, Delhi
Dear lybrate user, it is not only possible for a person to survive with kidney failure but a lot of our patients enjoy life in spite of kidney failure. Renal replacement therapy which is commonly known as dialysis has made that possible. Going a step further when a person gets renal transplant or more commonly known as kidney transplant- then even dialysis is not required. This is the scenario where the kidneys have completely failed. But even during the stages of failure, kidney offers an ample lifetime of years altogether before it completely fails leading to dialysis as the only solution. Our body has got immense resilience and this is true for our kidneys too.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel I need to pee but nothing comes out or little bit burning and feeling tense that time when I do pee and also feel perspire.

Homeopath, Bareilly
You might be suffering from urinary infection. Visit to nearby physician. Drink plenty of water. Take Homeopathic medicine can notharis 30,4 dose daily for two days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 60 year old male (100 Kg.) with slightly enlarged prostrate, fatty lever, pain in both knees and swelling at ankles. What course of medicine do you suggest? Presently taking low dosage tablets for hypertension and Uric acid and colestarol.

Master of Physical Therapy MPT CARDIO, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Rajkot
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from kidney stone pain from last 1 months. Can anyone help from the pain from kidney stone. What should I do.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, Kindly mention the size and the exact location of stone as small stones can be crushed and flushed out with homoeopathic medication.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having burning micturition since 3 week. I had shown this to my family doctor. He prescribed some medicine but still my its burning. What to do? Please help.

General Physician, Cuttack
It could be due to urinary tract infection. Do urine re/me, culture&sensitivity. Treatment. Take a full course of antibiotic even if you feel better after consulting doctor, drink plenty of water, pain reliever (anti spasmodic), avoid coffee/alcohol/spicy food which irritates bladder.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 24 years my problem is frequently went to urine and itching private areas. Also some times white discharge. What is the reason for that and please give me solutions.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Bacterial infection is the main cause for the problems you are suffering now. It can be completely cured with HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES. Take following HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES for a week and revert back Rx 1.Alumina 30 4 pills daily morning 2.Sulphur200/1D only dose in empty stomach early morning 3.Uva ursi Q 10 drops in quarter glass of water 3 times Avoid coffee while taking HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife age 66 yrs having urine incontinence problem too much? her neurosurgery for brain tumor was done in 2007. She also having diabetes. taking treatment at Medicity Gurgaon but no improvement. Did catheretzatiom but she having pain in bladder What should do!

M.S (surgery), M.Ch - Neuro Surgery
Neurosurgeon, Gurgaon
Other alternative treatment urinary incontinence is pacemaker but it can be considered only if life expectancy after tumor surgery is good.
1 person found this helpful

Hi from past 20 days I feel a hard rasoli in just after the opening of my anus .i feel little pain as I sit because may b of my weight that I put on this hard thing .as I am fatty I have lots of extra fat on all over the body I thing can this rasoli b extra fat . Kindly suggest as I do not know how to tell about this .

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Vijayawada
You can not diagnose your selves. You need a surgeon, to physically see it n test it n diagnose. Some times its just a pile mass that came out n stuck up outside.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 58 years old. I am deibietc patient. I got kidney problem. My blood urea is 49.3. Sr. Creatinineis1.42. Sr. Vldl. Cholesterol 53.9and sr. Tiglyceride 269.7. How to decrease the same.

DM Cardiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
Dear, your triglycerides level are very high. They should be less than 150. For reducing them, change your diet. Reduce fat intake. Take tab crestor 20 mg once a day after dinner. Repeat the lipid profile after 3 months. And let me know.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I'm 25 years old my problem is whenever I eat dry fruits. And urine turn to yellow colours. Please advise.

MD - Microbiology
General Physician, Bangalore
Hi. Then you need to get your urine tested. Do a urine routine test do e and cone back with the report.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from fissure problem with swelling (Sujan) & itching in anal (Gudamarg) Please suggest. Please suggest medicine.

General Physician, Nashik
As per your history is concerned you have anal fissure so take my advise below- 1) Take cremaffin Plus 3 teaspoonful with a cup of milk at night 2) Take more than 8 liters of water every day 3) Take vegetable and fruits every day for fiber 4) Take ANO-BLISS cream in the anal canal before going to bed at night 5) Use Xylocaine 5% cream before going to toilet 15 mins before. DO WHAT I TOLD AND FOLLOW ME AFTER 10 DAYS THANKS.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed