Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth PatnaikYour feedback matters!
How to remove stones in kidney. Can it be removed permanent or not? please tell me, ayurvedic treatment.
Recently have a urine test results show as no bacteria and have a hiv test result show as negative and they took a blood test and it shows normotic normochromic blood picture! still possible to get STD.
I Have facing urinal problem by doing toilet. Some of day I feel pain in urinal way and continue feeling toilets. I don't have any sugar problem. Please suggest me.
My. Father 58 year old. suffering from urine problem. Visited c.m.c hospital velor but no improvement. I want to know about best and experienced urologist doctor in delhi. Kindly help me.
I feel urgency for urination. Got my USG done. Early median lobe. Prostate size 23grm. Discomfort in the right side of lower abdomen. please advice.
Sir, As advised by you, I have taken the following medicines one week and I am little ok now from pain and bleeding. What should be taken hereafter to get it cure fully. The parts grown up on the external part of anus is still there as it is, will it be disappear fully if I take further homoeopathic medicine or should I continue with the same medicine. Kindly advise. Regards, Rameshan Acid nitric 200 10drops once daily. Silicea cal sulph 12x each 5 tabs thrice daily.
I am suffering from urinary tract infections from past 6 months, urine is yellow in colour, no pain in urination. What is the treatment of choice.
What is the treatment for anal fissure. I was under medication but after stopping the same, it again started.
Hello, I am only 30 years old, and healthy. I found a little lump on the outer skin of my anus, it does not hurt so far and smaller than a pea. It do causes itching though every time. It's been a month now, when I clean after poo it itches so I go deep inside to clean it properly. Again the soft stool began to continue. This morning while I was doing the same I got blood not coming out but inside. Could it be a cancer. How can I prevent or cure it.
I got a small micro stone in right kidney 1 year before. Still it is paining in right side. How to overcome from this pain?
Is it safe to eat papaya regularly because I read in some news paper that eating regularly papaya cause harmful effect on body and causes different serious problems like kidney stone etc. Pls help me out and if causes any problem then pls suggest me alternative of it because I consume it for constipation. Thanks.
An overactive bladder is a condition that is characterized by a problem in the bladder storage function; a problem that eggs one on to urinate frequently. This condition can cause problems in your social and work life. You may isolate yourself from others and feel embarrassed about the situation.
If you have an overactive bladder, you may exhibit symptoms of frequent urination, involuntary leakage of urine and frequent urge to urinate. These symptoms might disrupt your daily life; so it is important to seek advice from a medical practitioner.
To better understand what causes an overactive bladder, you need to know how the urination process works. Urine is produced by the kidneys, which flows to the bladder. During urination, the urine is excreted from an opening in the bladder and flows out via the urethra. As the kidneys secrete urine, the bladder starts to fill up. During this stage, nerve signals are sent to the brain; signals that trigger your body to urinate. The bladder muscles tighten that pushes the urine out of the body.
An overactive bladder results from the involuntarily contraction of the bladder, which might happen even if the content of urine in the bladder is low. These contractions create the urge to urinate. The various causes of an overactive bladder are:
- Excessive fluid intake, if your fluid intake is high, then you may have the tendency to urinate frequently.
- Presence of tumors or stones in the bladder can make the bladder overactive as well.
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption has the same effect as an excessive intake of fluids has.
- Urinary tract infections may interfere with the entire process of urination, thus causing your bladder to swell up and become overactive.
- Other diseases and conditions such as constipation and an enlarged prostate can hamper bladder functioning.
There are multiple approaches to treat an overactive bladder; your doctor may use one or a combination of multiple methods.
- Medications: Medications such as Trospium and Tolterodine help in relaxing the bladder. These medications help treat symptoms of frequent urination.
- Bladder injections: Botox is a protein that is injected into the bladder that causes partial paralysis of the bladder muscles. This helps in treating the constant urge to urinate. However, its effects are temporary as they last for 6-9 months.
- Lifestyle modifications: Certain lifestyle modifications such as incorporating exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles, maintaining optimal weight levels and bladder training to control its functioning can help with managing an overactive bladder.
- Surgery: If the other treatments do not produce the desired results, then surgery is usually recommended. The aim of the surgery is to enhance the storage capacity of the bladder and reduce bladder pressure.