Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I had got a big boil on my leg after shaving. The doctor had given me antibiotics. The wound healed. Maybe it was due to ingrown hair and staph infection. But there is a huge dark brown spot on my leg. How do I get rid of it?
My daughter aged 5 years is getting rashes/allergies since 15 days with mild fever with vomiting feel. please suggest me what to do.
Bathing soap vs. Body wash: what's better when you take a shower?
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin.
Hi I'm a male should using various type of skin product makes our skin fairer or gives your beautiful skin? Does it give us immediate results? please tel me or let me know?
I have suffering from skin wart last 2 years on face skin and hand I am 26 years old please advice me.
I have small brown dots on my rightnose from 7 years. If I took medication it increases its not fading away and it is not melasma. If a apply kojic cream the outer layer fades bt not the spot inside skin.
I have pain on right leg near knees And also there is a black dot I don't get the reason BT its painful sometimes.
I have a fungal infection in my penis area, it makes dark black area around it And makes itching on that I want complete treatment And preventions.
I am 22 years old. Gender: male. I have cracks in my feet for which I have to consult podiatrist. Those cracks are hereditary started from my grand father. Cracks vanish when I start wearing shoes for a week or more. And again appear if I don't wear shoes. Please give me solution for my problem which lasts permanently. Thank you.
How should I treat my skin because I am having dark spots on my skin I have tried many creams but tell any effective thing?
I have a too much dark circles under my eyes from many years I want to get rid of it permanently please suggest me some treatments and some effective home remedy. Thanking you.
I am having dark spots (pigmentation) on my face. Did so many things in last 4-5 years but of no benefit, still persists.
Hi sir I am 40 years old male and I have under eye dark circles looking ugly, pls suggest good medicine.
Sir from last few months I got some white circles behind my both eyes. It is like small white funsi andd these are around my eyes. Please tell me any medicine or tube. So that these white funsi can be gone. These are very small white funsi and a lot are grown behind my both eyes.
I am 21 year old female, having dark circles in great extent which is getting worst day by day. Plzz suggest proper treatment for this.
There is rubbed part occur over both part of my anus. What medicine should I use to cure my this disease.
Dear madam I have skin problem around my penis and back side seating space. Its look like a black spot and rashes please help me.
Acne is a common skin disease, which happens when the hair follicles becomes full with dead skin cells and oil secreted from the skin. Acne is mainly characterized by vast areas of blackheads and pimples. The appearance of a person suffering from acne has often led to anxiety, and in extreme cases has caused depression as well.
Causes of Acne:
- Genetics is thought to be one of the main reasons for hair fall due to acne. This is supported both by twin studies and studies that have shown higher rates of acne among first degree relatives. Acne susceptibility is polygenic as the disease does not follow the Mendelian inheritance pattern.
- Another reason for acne is related to hormonal activities, such as those during menstrual cycle and puberty. During puberty, sex hormones called androgens increase, which causes the follicular glands to grow larger than normal. Many hormones like testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate and growth hormone have been shown to have links with acne.
- Many bacteria like the anaerobic bacterium are suspected to be a reason behind acne. Infection caused by the parasite Demodex is also responsible for causing acne.
Role of Diet in Acne:
Different studies have been done to establish a relationship between diet and acne, but there is no evidence to prove so. Some tests have shown different degrees of acne intensity due to high glycemic diets. Another unproved study shows consuming dairy milk is linked to higher incidences and intensity of acne. One recent experiment has shown a relationship between acne and obesity, however, no relationship is found between acne and insulin metabolism. Vitamin B12 may cause skin problems similar to acne.
Cigarette smoking and acne has been a ground for high debate among biologists. Some medical records have shown that cigarette smoking increases the severity of acne. Some studies have also shown that stress or other psychological causes worsens acne. Acne severity is linked to high stress levels.
- Scars are a common symptom of acne. Acne scars are caused due to inflammation in the skin dermal layer. The scar is made by an abnormal form of healing after the inflammation. These scars are classified on the basis of whether excess collagen or collagen loss is caused by the abnormal inflammation.
- Nodular acne lesions cause pigmentations. This often leaves a red, inflamed mark even after the lesion has been cured.
- A diet low on glycemic index is recommended for treating acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the first step in treating mild to moderate acne. This is because of its high effectiveness and mild side effects. The peroxide causes drying of the skin as a side effect.
- Antibiotics are very much used for treating acne. Oral antibiotics are highly recommended. This is because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Azelaic acid when applied at 20% concentration is effective for treating mild to moderate acne.
- Natural treatment methods include applying tea tree oil or bee venom to reduce the amount of lesions in acne.