Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant V BhamareYour feedback matters!
My name is Sandhya. I am 36 years old having thyroid and taking 50mg as per doctor's advise. I am putting on weight, my weight is 70 kgs. height 5'. Frequently iam falling sick, tired, urine infection, numbness in hands and legs, forgetfulness, sever back pain etc. so many problems. I am fed up consulting the doctors because only temporary treatment. I am having white patches on my body from last 4 years. Taking treatment for white patches only. Kindly advise me for my physical problems. Thanking you Sandhya
Hi doctor My cousin is getting very bad stomach pain during menstrual period, so please advice on this and she is not able to withstand the pain.
Hi my 33 weeks pregnant n scanning report says normal 13 cm fluid n 2900gm weight but her legs r swelling more n baby movements less compared to earlier month please suggest.
4 myths on IVF you should stop believing right now
In-vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive. The process involves the fertilisation of the egg with the sperm in a laboratory and thereafter, inserting the embryo formed, into the uterus. But lack of understanding about the topic has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 2: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don’t cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
Myth 3: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 4: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it’s not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.
I am 24 years old girl. I am unmarried. I have irregular periods. I suffer hypothyroidism. I feel stressed a lot. I am having a lot of hair fall. I tale thyronorm 100mcg medicine daily.
I am suffering from savior pain during my monthly periods. What treatment is better for curing from it?
Hello, I am suffering from Poly Cyst ovaries from Last 3 years. Due to that, I could not get pregnant. I had tried to clear the Poly cyst by medicine but result was good Finally we planned to do Laproscopy surgery, now my doubt is? what is Laproscopy How it is helpful? After Doing this can I get pregnant? What is the reasonable fees for Laproscopy?
I have a tumor on my brain. I have a tumor on my brain and it's control my hormones and so the doctor gave me medicine to shrink it and he said I might start to have a period which I haven't had a period in 5 years so I having one witch it lasted 5 weeks I was in pain with it and the put idu in and got then to take it out I finally stop but right now in in alot pain on virtual area and down my right leg and I did a biyose and altura sound and now I go do a bone scan and coloisme a to see why hurt so much so the question is I want you option why does my vangina hurt and right leg.
Hello I want to sex with my partner. Can you tell me proper time of sex I mean she didn't want to become pregnant. I had listen that on period we can do easily sex on period no girl are pregnant can you help me please Thank you.
I am 46 years old I have a 3 cm cyst on my left ovary. Every month during menstruation I am getting terrific pain on the left lower abdomen and have to take pain killers to get relief. Gynaec here suggesting to go for hysterectomy. Seek your advice.
My wife is pregnant for the last eight months tell me which type of food is better for her health and food timings list is there send me. Thank you.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.