Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant V BhamareYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I was pregnant and got my thyroid tested. 1. T4 free FT4 - 0.76 ng/dL TSH 1.222 uIU/mL Started taking thyrowel on daily basis. Rechecked my TSH 1.52 uIU/ml Continued thyrowel till due date. After delivery I got it checked again 2. TT3 - 1.18 NG/ML TT4 - 8.98 UG/DL TSH - 1.64 UIU/ML so I stop taking thyrowel After 2 months in got my thyroid profile done. 3.T3 - 97 NG/DL T4 -5.1 UG/DL TSH - 2.61 UIU/ML I am a nursing mother. Should I start taking thyrowel again? Is it safe to take thyrowel while breastfeeding? Do I have to start thyronorm? What mg?
Doctor my wife is pregnant about 8 month she has 9.0 haemoglobin. Is it right? And what should be given to her to raise her haemoglobin rapidly.
Hlo mujhe apni problem btani h. mujhe before 1 month periods hue thay 2 may ko BT ab 1 month 6 days extra ho gye h. Periods abhi nhi aaye h. many test bhi kiya negative hi aaya h. First time itna late ho rha h. Please suggested me.
Unlike the rest of our body, our teeth do not have the power to heal themselves. This is because cells that are responsible for the healing process are not present in large numbers in the teeth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
If there was no Intercourse between the partners but their private parts touched each other. Is there anything to worry about?
My period was regular before. I started having sex in past 1.5 years I have taken 3 ipill, My usual cycle was of 27 days but last month I had it on 30 days on 7th October (I had taken I pill before 1 month so maybe due to that) but now I have missed by period as it is 10th November, my copulation period was between 23rd October to 7th November (I took necessary precaution and no ejaculation took place ). But I have taken 3 urine test till now all are showing negative results. I had minor jaundice detected and was on medication for same for past few days, I am regular patient of Vertigo and Migraine so those medicines could not have any possible effect on my periods. I am having uterine cramps but I often had it after delayed periods after taking I pill. What to do? Am I pregnant? As I am unmarried I am quite scared.
Hi.I got my periods about 10 days before but only lasted for 2 days. Still I feel that I am pregnant. Is it possible?
My period date was 16/17 but I felt just cramps but no period my pregnancy date is negative. So whats reason is it. please hlp me n told me properly plz.
I am 26 year old. I am trying to convince from last 1 year but not get successful. And my periods are regular. What should I do.
June 14, is celebrated around the world as the World Blood Donor Day every year. The event, established in 2004, helps raise awareness about the need for safe blood and blood products like platelets. This day is observed to thank all the blood donors worldwide for their voluntary, life-saving gift of blood.
Why should you donate blood?
You may not know this but blood donation by just 1% of the population can meet a nation’s requirements for blood. Blood transfusion can save lives and improves health this is a fact that we all know and acknowledge, but many patients requiring transfusion do not get timely access to safe blood, resulting in preventable death.
You would not wish such a death on our near and dear ones, would you?
This is the reason why healthy, voluntary donors like you and us must donate blood regularly. Voluntary, unpaid blood donors are also the backbone of a country’s blood donor base as they are the safest group of donors with the lowest prevalence of blood borne infections like hepatitis and HIV. Low risk populations are people who do not indulge in high-risk activities like unprotected sex, drug use etc. The World Health Organization’s goal is for all countries to obtain their entire blood supplies through voluntary unpaid donors.
Blood transfusion is needed for:
- Women with complications during pregnancy, like ectopic pregnancies, also called high-risk pregnancies, and hemorrhage before, during or after childbirth
- Anaemic children due to malaria or malnutrition
- People with severe trauma due to accidents and natural disasters
- Complex medical and surgical procedures like for cancer
- Regular blood transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell anemia, a disease where the blood can’t transmit enough oxygen to body cells.
- To make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia
- Fresh blood is needed all the time because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use.
Hence, regular blood donations by an optimum number of blood donors who are healthy are required to ensure that safe blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- Indeed, blood is the most precious gift that you can give to another person. It’s a gift of life.
- Your decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several lives. This can happen if your blood is separated into its components like red blood cells, platelets and plasma. These can be used individually for patients with specific conditions like platelets can be used for treating dengue because this viral infection can damage one’s blood platelets.
Need another reason to donate blood?
Well, you can get a number of health benefits when you donate blood. You will receive a mini physical at the time of blood donation to check your:
• Haemoglobin levels
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
And contrary to belief, your body replaces the blood lost at the time of a donation effortlessly and without any harm to your system. So donate blood regularly and save lives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Mera 6th month h pregnancy ka mere husband apna regular sex continue rakhna chahte h hum kab tak kr sakte h delivery tak ya usse pahle band krna hoga usse baby ko koi nuksan to nahi hoga.
Hi my wife is 3 months pregnant can I have normal routine daily sex if yes are there any certain positions and can I discharge my semen.
Almost 8 out of 10 individuals have low back pain eventually in life. It is one of the top reasons people look for medical treatment. It is likewise the number one reported reason for acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture started in China over 2,500 years back. It includes inserting slim needles at specific points on the body. As per traditional Chinese practices, the body has more than 2,000 of these points. They are associated by pathways or meridians, which make a stream of energy called Qi (pronounced "chee").
The impacts originate from the centre of our nervous system. Release of chemicals into the muscles, spinal rope, and cerebrum is then triggered.
- To begin with, your acupuncturist will get some information about your medical history. This will help him in exploring the various trouble giving points as avoiding those that may lead to an aggravation of the problem. Also, with this information, the acupuncturist will also be able to arrive at the exact treatment that will suit your body and system, as well as the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- He or she will then examine your tongue's shape, shading, and covering, feel your heartbeat, and perhaps play out some extra physical examinations depending upon your health. This helps in understanding the various patterns related to sleep, exercise, diet and digestion. In keeping with these findings, the acupuncturist will then home in on the exact points that require treatment.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, he/she will then appoint the appropriate treatment plan to address your specific condition.
- To start the needle therapy treatment, you lay easily on a treatment table while exact acupoints are determined on different points of your back.
- Lastly, the fine needles are then tenderly set. The needles are usually sterilised and new before they are inserted.
Benefits for back pain:
- It enhances the body's self-healing process by stimulating the acupuncture points.
- Releases your body from chronic pain and specifically helps the lumbar region in better balance so that back pain is avoided.
- This method warms the body and creates a more congenial environment for pain free good health.
- Protects it against pathogens.
- Contains natural liquids. Changes those liquids into other usable types of energy for the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the digestive framework.
- Gives you a sense of well-being
Apart from infrequent throbbing and soreness at the acupoints, there are no such side effects if you visit an established acupuncturist. If practiced by an experienced acupuncturist, the technique is highly effective and beneficial. Additionally, acupuncture is the safest therapy for back pain.
Individuals suffering from continuous back pain have observed needle therapy to be useful. Numerous Pain Clinics now utilize needle therapy as a standard treatment.