Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
I am a myopic since the age of 12. My number is -6 and 0.25 cylindrical power. I want to get rid of these glasses.
Hello doctors, today I came to know that my father aged around 53 is suffering from Retinopathy. The doc. Told him to take vit c supplements (non chewable) and gave some eye drops for a week. After it he will go for laser in three settings. Since he is suffering from diabetics and had previously diagnosed with CAD. My question is, Does VIT-C increase the chances of heart attack.
What should I do to improve my vision at night? I am unable to see clearly at night from past couple of months now.
I am 18 years old and I have eyes itching problem so please give me suggestions to cure my eyes itching I am getting my eyes itching everyday.
I work as software engineer and I sit in fort of system for long hours how can I give rest to my eyes?
Hi doctor I am tmanna my mom is eyes are red every evening last two months what she does please tell me.
We have problem in disentry there was the weakness & my stamina has so low& food pachata nahi & my eyes are very weak so & my head is also paining
Hai sir, My name is s. Anand, I am 29 years old. I am suffering with back head pain regularly. I have long eye sight of 2.00. Pls help me.
I am 64 years of age. There is no major disease. Tests reveal I am diabetic, have intruding out piles, weak eyesight and feel very worn out and tired. Please advice home treatment.
From couple of days my right eye automatically started paining me. Its starts sometimes and even in while m in sleep. I sleep late at night 1-2 am daily. It seems that my nerve after my eye is paining. If I touch my eyebrow I can feel pain there also. Now what to do? Is there any medicine. Exercise. Therapy. For this. Suggest me. Please provide info in brief.
I have pain in my eyes for now a days. What should I do. It is being a seiver problem for me because my exam is to closer. I read at least four hours in night and after that I feel so much trouble in my eyes what shall I do for thid. Please guide me for that.
If I capture cover test of my eyes in my mobile camera then My eyes show squint.(exophoria). But" 4" eye specialist doctors diagnosed me with perfect orthophoria. Why my eyes show squint when I capture cover test of my own eyes?
I have a serious problem of eyes pain whenever I work on computer. Please give some suggestions to overcome from this.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.