Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant KerkarYour feedback matters!
My husband is suffering from vocal cord cancer stage 1 since March 2016, is there any Ayurvedic medicine to cure cancer of vocal cord? Please give advise!
How stomach cancer starts in upper abdomen. Because I am feeling lumpy when observing with hands on my stomach.
I am using skinshine cream by cadalic for past more than 1 year so does it cause skin cancer or any harmful side effect. What will be your suggestion about the cream?
My age 28 and I have suffering from lipoma. What is a good medicine of lipoma. Ayurvedic orr homoeopathy. Please suggest.
Sir what are the symptoms of swine flu and if not treated properly can it convert to cancer and cause bleeding.
What are the symptoms of cancer? How it affects? What are precautions to take for preventing cancer? What are the medicines used for cancer?
I am 32 year old suffering from prostatitis. semen culture and urine culture are negative. All reports are negative Doctor give me trimethoprim 100 mg twice a day for 1 months is this a standard treatment. please really me.
How should a person get screening tests to detect all kinds/major kinds of cancer? I need to understand ways to prevent cancer from occurring. I have seen many people suffering from this disease and its very scary.
What are the sign and symptoms of cancer? What are the preventions applied for cancer patients? Describe the answer.
I am ovary cancer patient but I have completed the surgery and chemotherapy and now I am ok.in surgery my uterus and both the ovaries are removed. Now I want to loss my weight so that I had join gym and after 1st month of doing exercises I loss 5 kg but after completing the 2nd month it increase 7 kg. And now its continuously increasing. please help me that what should I do to loss my weight?
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 19 years old male, having blood with stool. Blood is not coming mixed with stool, coming separately Condition of blood: normal fresh red liquid Condition of stool: normal yellow. No Pain At All. Is it cancer? I want the matter to be clear to me. But Today When I was Stooling there was no blood at all like before.
My mother is 80 years weight 47 kg. She has diagnosed adenocarcinoma of rectum (mucin secreting. Rectum ulcerated friable circumferential growth from 12 to 18 cm. Please advice what to do. Can we think of surgery.
Gynecological cancer is any tumor that begins in a woman’s reproductive organs. Cancer is usually named after the part of the body where it begins. Gynecologic cancer starts in different areas within a woman’s pelvis, which is the territory beneath the stomach and in the middle of the hipbones. There are different types of gynecological cancers and these are as follows:
- Cervical cancer starts in the cervix, which is the lower, narrower end of the uterus. The uterus is also called the womb.
- Ovarian cancer starts in the ovaries, which are situated on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer starts in the uterus, the pear-shaped organ in a woman's pelvis where the child develops when a lady is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer starts in the vagina, which is the empty, tube-like channel between the base of the uterus and ends as the vaginal opening.
- Vulvar cancer starts in the vulva, the external part of the female genital organs.
Signs and symptoms of the above-mentioned gynecologic cancers can be very vague; however, there are a few issues each lady needs to know about and look for. The following are some of the common symptoms of different gynecological cancer:
- Swollen leg (ordinarily happens in one leg and comes with pain or discharge)
- Irregular vaginal bleeding (particularly in a lady who has experienced menopause)
- Unexplained weight loss
- Consistent bladder weight or increased urination
- Loss of appetite, while always feeling full
- Pelvic or stomach pain
- Bloated stomach
- Consistent weakness
- Compelling, sudden onset bloating
- Trouble eating or feeling full rapidly
- Urinary indications (urge or recurrence)
- Vaginal draining or spotting after menopause
- New onset of heavy flow during periods or bleeding between two-period cycles
- A watery pink or white discharge from the vagina
- Two or more weeks of steady pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic region
- Pain during sex
- A red, pink or white bump that has a crude or wart-like surface
- A white area that feels unpleasant and rough
- Continuous itching
- Pain or a smoldering feeling while urinating
- Bleeding and discharge not connected with monthly cycle
- An open sore or ulcer that lasts over a month
A large portion of the symptoms connected with gynecologic cancers may occur due to other reasons every once in a while, which may make us ignore them. It is vital to be tuned into your body and pay consideration on any progressions. In case you see new side effects that are happening every day for more than a couple of weeks, this can be an indication of gynecological cancer. Try not to worry. Make sure to go for regular check-ups at your gynecologist. If you feel that the aforementioned symptoms are persistent, seek medical attention.