Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant KerkarYour feedback matters!
What is the problem ofcanser and what are the causes for this and how can we care about this? Please give required answer for above this and what arep the causes of blood cancer and what is the solution for this? Please give sufficient answer?
More and more cancer types are being linked to air pollution. While the linkage is quite easily understandable between air pollution and lung cancer, the damage does not stop there. It is far more harmful, and whether or not it is part of the respiratory system, most cancers are linked to air pollution. The World Health Organization (WHO) has classified air pollution as carcinogenic to humans.
The amount of particulate matter in the air, especially in developing countries like China and India, are loaded with carcinogenic material. This is due to increased transport overload, power generation, industrial emissions, residential heating etc. The exact composition of the air can vary depending on the time of the year, the location, weather, etc. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) also is spending a lot of time and money to find out the connection between these two. Establishing the link can help in preventing cancer.
Read on to understand the correlation between factors affecting air pollution and cancer incidence.
- Air pollution is not uniform and varies across the globe, depending on how some of the above mentioned factors are affected.
- Developing countries have more pollution levels, especially from vehicular fuel exhaust, metals, dust, and chemical solvents. These contaminate the air, making it carcinogenic.
- There is also lead, which is another “probable human carcinogen,” causing cancer of the liver, brain, and kidney.
- The other chemicals in polluted air include sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Also there are various compounds like volatile organic compounds, outdoor air pollutants, and other particulate matter, which are present in greater numbers in polluted areas.
- Paint thinners, dry cleaning agents, and other metals also contribute to increased air pollution. This, when inhaled, induces chronic inflammation in the tissues, making them react to the inflammation.
- Both outdoor and indoor agents cause pollution, and increases risk of developing cancer.
- Second hand smoke is a lot more dangerous than imaginable in inducing cancer.
Mechanism: Cancer is a result of chronic inflammation, which induces uncontrolled proliferation of the cells. A combination of the above mentioned compounds along with a strong predisposition (family history, for instance) puts the person at a very high risk to develop cancer. The symptoms may takes years, sometimes decades, to develop, but the onset starts off with continued exposure to these agents. So, if you are predisposed to developing cancer, ensure your exposure to the above pollutants is reduced, even if it cannot be completely avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Does tattoo removal laser treatment causes any type of cancer? Or does it affect fertility? Or HIV? What kind of precaution needs to taken post laser treatment. Thanks ®ards.
I am 65 yes old male recently diagnosed with benign prostate hypertrophy. Are there any medicines in homeopathy for treating without surgery which can give good results.
My cousin aged 35 male suffered from shoulder pain and finally diagnosed as Total Bilirubin as 2.9 mg/do and direct as 1.2 mg/dl. And MRI scan read as "Liver: Show multiple arterial phase enhancing lesions with early washout during the portal and delayed phases, largest lesion measures 6.8x8.2 cms[AP x tr] in segment VII, Portal vein appears normal. Common bile duct and intrahepatic biliary radicals are not dilated. Multiple periportal celiac, mesenteric and retroperitoneal nodes seen largest measuring 2.5 x 2 cms in the periportal region. I want to know whether he had catched Liver Cancer. If yes is it advanced stage. It is curable or not? Please explain me clearly how many days he can live and what are the best treatments available. Please help.
I'm getting water balls on my body I consulted a doctor he said thats not a big problem and said its neurofibroma. Can someone help me informing various effects of neurofibroma and is it harmful to me or not. And how should I remove bolls that already on my hand and few small starting on other parts of body and also precautions that I should take.
Hello sir my sister had stomach cancer and doctors said it is in 3rd stage. How much probability of getting cure?
I am 62 years Male. I have itching problem on testicles for the last one year. Itching happens only during urination. Infact I have prostate Gland enlargement problem for which I am taking Silodal 8 mg tab.
What are the causes for getting Brest cancer in females and how can we identify the symptoms? And please suggest me presentation tips?
Sir am sivarao I want to know about cancer. How it comes and why it comes. What is the solution to remove cancer. Can you explain in homeopathic, allopathic & Ayurvedic. Sir give me detailed explanation for all types of cancer. Sir suggest some medicines for each type of cancer. What is the best way to get away from the cancer.
I am 60 years old and having enlarged prostate of size 4.2*3.8*4.3 cm. Vol 35.3 cc. However, the ultrasound of whole abdomen shows a couple of calculi in upper calyceal region, largest of approx dm. 7 mm. Ureter not visualized. Now I am taking Homeopath medicine (Pichi-Q and Berberis vulgaris 30 (German). Please prescribe any allopathic or ayurvedic medicines are available for removal of calculi. Further, what are the reputations of such condition and if surgical intervention is safe or recommended. Thanks.
Question is for breast cancer stage 3 and grade 3 Why is cancer patient survival rate is measured in relative of 5 years. If the patient is diagnoses with cancer and he go for the treatment like chemotherapy surgery and radiation and he successfully cured the cancer then why he can not survive for 10 years, is it is because of sideeffect of medicines chemo surgery radiation etc.
What are the symptoms of the cancer. And what kind of medical tests should be done? What kind of treatment should have to take?
Hello doctor. My father was diagnosed with ca prostate two years back. He was treated with hormone therapy and radiations. The hormone therapy is over now and he was advised to undergo a pet scan as a follow up. The report says that he has a 21x21 mm lump in the right lobe of the lung with positive feeding sign max suv 10. What does this mean? is this a case of metastasis in the lungs or a primary malignancy? please help. I am worried. And please throw some light on the treatment. Thanks.
My grandma has a breast cancer disease. And her age about to 83 years. So please suggest me in this age operation of this disease is the right step for her? she is not courageous lady. So she is not suffered by operation more?
I am known patient of squamous cell carcinoma in right boarder of tongue. It is operated on 15th nov, 2014 and port is completed on 31st jan, 2015.5 chemotherapy and 30 radiotherapy completed. 1st time mri with contast done in the 1st week of april, 2015. No sign of cancer is found in the mri. Now I am suffering swelling in my buckle mucosa and my inner side of mouth became red. I have consulted ent. He suggested me some antibiotics and mouth paste. Then I consulted with my oncologist. He suggested a multivitamin capsule and didn't. Give any attention. He said me that this type. Of problem will appear. Now suggest me the remedy? give opinion why does it occur?
Whether you consider tomato as a fruit or vegetable, it has a lot of benefits that can make a person healthier and fit. It is usually regarded as a salad that you may or may not want to eat as compared to other vegetables. Tomatoes, because of their helpful phytochemicals, such as lycopene, help in preventing a number of cancers and convey other medical advantages as well. Hence, following are the benefits of a tomato:
- Prevents cancer: As a magnificent source of vitamin C and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
- Blood pressure: Low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
- Heart’s well-being: The fibre, potassium, vitamin C and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart’s well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
- Constipation: Eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
- Eye health: Tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Skin: Collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin C. An inadequacy of vitamin C leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin C is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from UV rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
- Pregnancy: A good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother’s womb. This can be found in tomatoes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.