Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashant Jadhav
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant JadhavYour feedback matters!
I am 73 years old and getting black patches in both forearms just like blood clots and after a longtime the gradually disappear. What is the remedy for it ?
I have skin problem that is spread near my nick. I dont know that name. But shape is circle in this it has white color.
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How Does PRP Work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
The Science Of PRP--
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who Should Not Have PRP Treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 22 year old guy. I am trying to quit smoking for a while. Even though I am not that addicted, I just want to get rid of it. I will have maximum 5 cigarettes per week. I don't want any methods which contain nicotine in it (nicotex, patches or something else). I just want something keep my hand and lips mobile or busy. Is there something you can suggest me?
Healthy, beautiful and soft skin is a dream of everyone. A good and well balanced diet can help to get perfect skin. Make sure your diet is rich in vitamins and proteins, also natural herbs can be useful in maintaining healthy skin. Here are some healthy foods, herbs and natural tips for good looking skin.
Food for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Green Salad/Raw Vegetables: (2-3 serving/day) : Tomato, Cucumber, Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Mentha, Coriander, Green Onion etc.
• Fresh green leafy Vegetables : (2-3 serving/day) : Spinach, Fenugreek, Gourd, French Beans, Green Beans, Peas, Cauliflower, Capsicum etc.
• Fresh seasonal fruits (3-4 serving/day) : Apple, Sweet Lemon, Litchi, Pear, Banana, Papaya, Pomegranate.
• Sprouted Cereals: Daily 1 Plate.
• Water intake 10-12 glass/day.
Natural Herbs for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Vegetables: Carrot, Tomato, Cucumber
• Fresh Fruits: Sweet Lemon, Pomegranate
• Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, Cabbage, Lemon, Mentha
Wash, peel, cut and mix any of the above combination. Extract juice and consume daily.
• Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Quantity: 2
• Lemon – Quantity: 1
• Any fresh citrus fruit – Quantity: 2
• Fresh leafy veg. – Quantity: 100 gm
• Honey – Quantity: 1 teaspoon
Wash peel, cut and mix all the above items. Extract juice and consumes daily.
• Use face wash and body wash for cleaning face and body.
• Always apply moisturizer after bathing (whole body and face).
• Away from stress and junk and fast food.