Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I am having red brasses in my upper leg. Kindly suggest me what to do as it is increasing in patches and I can not wear even trouser.
I have pigmentation in internet I saw that apple cinder vinegar can be used to cure it on face I have dry skin can I use it.
For e. G. I have black spots as well as pimples on my face. I have been used scar removal cream for four month but did not see any changes. What should I do?
I am 25 years old male, I am facing a problem from last 5 years, there is formation of this dark colour velvety skin in neck and armpits area. I have used may fairness creams and scrubs but the problem still persists.
My mother is 45 years old. She is facing skin problems which includes itching, irritation and redness of skin. She uses a medicine named ornoderm which treats them temporarily. Is there any permanent remedy to get rid of this skin problem forever?
I am a 26 year old male. I have dark red rashes on the groin area. It used to itch a bit few months back but now it doesn't itch but the rashes are still there. Would you please suggest some medication for it.
Hello sir/ma'am, on my eyes having the dark circles from long time. Is this because of heredity, having the same with my mummy or have some other reason behind it and how would I remove or get lighten from my eyes.
मेरे पुत्र को मलत्याग के समय अक्सर खून आने की शिकायत रहती है और गुदाद्वार पर खुजली भी चलती है। क्या यह बवासीर के लक्षण है? उसकी आयु 2 वर्ष 7 माह है और उसे कब्ज़ की शिकायत भी रहती है हालांकि उसे दही, दूध, केला, खीरा आदि भी सही मात्र में दिया जाता है।
Moles are a common form of growth or formation on your skin that appear often in the form of small, black spots. They can develop anywhere on the body. They usually occur during adolescence or childhood and with the passage of time, they may change colour. Moles are a type of skin growth, which usually do not go away with time.
On the other hand, freckles are often described as round, flat, dark colour spots which vary in size from about 2mm to 4mm. They may result from pigment precipitation in one particular area as the skin that surrounds the dark spot is comparatively lighter in shade. Being sensitive to the sun’s ultra violet rays, freckles become more noticeable during or after sunlight exposure. Although freckles are usually found in areas which are not covered from the sun’s exposure, they could also occur anywhere on your body.
What causes them?
Moles are caused due to certain skin cells, known as melanocytes, grow in a very close group instead of being evenly and normally spread across the skin. Moles that occur during birth are called congenital nevi and their chances of occurring are around 1 in a 100. These moles are more prone to develop into skin cancer (melanoma) in later stages of life.
Freckles on the other hand are
- Genetically transferred, so the chance of you becoming affected are higher, if any of your parents have it.
- If there’s a prolonged exposure to the sunrays, then freckles may appear on your skin and they become even more prominent on a fair skin. Since the presence of melanin is less in people with fair skin the sunlight exposure causes these dark spots to surface easily
- Hormonal imbalances could be yet another reason for freckles to appear as estrogen could be over-stimulate cells that produce pigment and thus become more prominent in the presence of sunlight.
- Rare disorders like Xeroderma Pigmentosum (a condition leading to extreme light sensitivity and also skin cancer in certain cases) can make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays, thus resulting in freckles.
Treatment of moles and freckles
- Laser Treatment: There are different types of lasers which are absolutely safe and can help reduce or lighten these dark spots effectively.
- Cryosurgery: The physician would use a light freeze in conjunction with liquid nitrogen to reduce the spots of freckles. However, not every spot responds to this kind of treatment.
- Retinoids: Mostly used with a combination of other bleaching creams, retinoids help reduce freckles when used continuously for a couple of months.